View Full Version : Notification when item is sold at auction

Killingsworth
08-03-2013, 10:11 AM
Would it be possible to implement some kind of notification when an item sells in the auction?

My idea:

>> When listing an item: the option to "notify when sold" would be available as a checkbox

>> When the item sells: an alert dialogue would pop up; "Item _______ has sold at auction"

I'm suggesting this because I find myself frequently running back to an auctioneer to check my sales. Usually - in my experience - the item remains in auction unsold. There are times when I have a lot of money tied up in auction - it would just be nice to have a notification when the big ticket items sell.

Thoughts anyone?

MfKaz
08-03-2013, 11:07 AM
Definitely!
+1

Bless
08-03-2013, 11:10 AM
Notifications in game are really useful for your klaas collection and promoting new content. It should be taken to the next level where the notifs can also tell you if your item from auction sells, this would be very beneficial for players!

Credits: Whirlzap, I read this on PL forums but it NEEDS an implement on AL.

LMAO....

FluffNStuff
08-03-2013, 11:14 AM
Been thinking about this, and it could be awesome. Could have issues, but I realized the issues I was thinking about are so specific and would be in no way affect game play or take away from having this as an option. +1337

Drearivev
08-03-2013, 11:31 AM
Mentioned before, but still agree even though I never list anything.

Killingsworth
08-03-2013, 11:49 AM
I hadn't taken the time to search for the suggestion. My apologies for re-post. Just popped into my head today - wanted to write it down before I forgot!

Drearivev
08-03-2013, 12:10 PM
Oh, don't worry. I didn't mean it in a way as in you shouldn't have created it. Everybody creates a new thread once old one falls into the second or third page.

Bless
08-03-2013, 03:35 PM
Oh, don't worry. I didn't mean it in a way as in you shouldn't have created it. Everybody creates a new thread once old one falls into the second or third page. Yup :)

Still think the idea should be implemented.

Rajnikanth
08-04-2013, 08:13 AM
i saw this idea in pl forum.
sts hadnt implemented in PL, d first mmo game, bt i think sts should implement here at this game has bought fame to sts company

Osabevie
08-05-2013, 10:09 AM
Great idea :star:

Stickbrains
08-07-2013, 08:29 PM
Any kind of notification at all when item gets sold on auction.

iSupport

Puntus
08-08-2013, 02:39 PM
+ 1 good suggestion

Alfai
08-09-2013, 03:10 PM
Nice idea very convenient.

As long as it doesnt burden the server

Killingsworth
08-09-2013, 11:04 PM
As long as it doesnt burden the server

Could anyone comment on potential effects the addition of the proposed 'item sold notification' would have on the server?

Gabry
08-10-2013, 05:51 AM
Great idea! +1

Orageunas
08-11-2013, 05:38 PM
+1 :-)

Taejo
08-11-2013, 05:48 PM
Could anyone comment on potential effects the addition of the proposed 'item sold notification' would have on the server?

I think what Alfai is concerned about is the notification increasing the amount of data traffic for the server to relay. To put it simply: it could potentially hinder the performance of the server thus creating lag. Honestly I don't see this as being much of an issue, since hypothetically the servers are capable of withstanding everyone who's online to have every notification turned on. I'm sure STS has invested in well-performing servers.

Alfai
08-11-2013, 07:12 PM
I think what Alfai is concerned about is the notification increasing the amount of data traffic for the server to relay. To put it simply: it could potentially hinder the performance of the server thus creating lag. Honestly I don't see this as being much of an issue, since hypothetically the servers are capable of withstanding everyone who's online to have every notification turned on. I'm sure STS has invested in well-performing servers.

Thanks fot clarifying.i always tend to receive negative first impression cpz nobody really reads.
Cheers :)