PDA

View Full Version : Separate Leaderboards- PVE/PVP

Ebezaanec
08-03-2013, 12:10 PM
As of right now there are many players who want to be on the leaderboard, but cannot since they are not "jack of all trades." Some players enjoy PVE a lot more than simply flagging for hours. Some enjoy one-shotting other players for hours, but do not like farming PVE kills.

PVE: For PVE-oriented players (elites, kills, timed runs)

PVP: For the PVP-oriented players (kills, flags)

Overall: For the players who are usually on the "Top Players" Leaderboard.

All-time Leaderboards and Seasonal Leaderboards would also help (suggested by Defamed)

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?105587-Changes-to-Leaderboard-everyone-deserves-a-chance!!&highlight=Seasonal+leaderboards

Avaree
08-03-2013, 02:12 PM
We have had many discussion with this idea, this would interest all that play.

Drearivev
08-03-2013, 05:50 PM
But it's fine how it is, isn't it? Everything in one leaderboard. If anything, twinks and endgamers should have separate leaderboards.

Edit: another thing that would be nice is a guild leaderboard.

Energizeric
08-03-2013, 09:54 PM
There are separate leaderboards for PvP kills, PvE Kills, Flags, timed runs, etc....how many leaderboards do you want? They start to become meaningless when there are too many.

It's kind of like when I was in elementary school and they give everyone a ribbon or trophy for participation. The more there are, the less they all mean.

Soundlesskill
08-04-2013, 07:31 AM
Just separate them.. Twinks and currtent cap lvls. THANKS.

Energizeric
08-04-2013, 03:22 PM
Just separate them.. Twinks and currtent cap lvls. THANKS.

And If I was level 10 up until yesterday, and now today I level up to 31, which leaderboard would you put me on?

Soundlesskill
08-04-2013, 07:08 PM
And If I was level 10 up until yesterday, and now today I level up to 31, which leaderboard would you put me on?

You'd stay at twinks until you earn your amount of kills at endgame then move up

Energizeric
08-04-2013, 07:30 PM
You'd stay at twinks until you earn your amount of kills at endgame then move up

What you are asking is too complicated. You are asking STS to have a system that remembers how many kills each player had at every level. And also, what defines end game? What if someone is level 27, does that count? 28?

What if player 1 had 10k kills in pvp at level 21 (when 21 was end game), and then stopped playing. Then came back last week and leveled up to 31.

Player 2 has 10k kills in pvp at level 21 last month, and then this week leveled up to 31.

So both players have 10k kills at level 21, but you are proposing they both be on different leaderboards?

So now you want STS not only to keep track of how many kills each player had at each level, but when each kill was recorded? I think the developers will laugh at that suggestion. Far too complicated a solution.

You need fixed guidelines for leaderboards which do not involve tracking and storing info on every kill that a player makes.

It would indeed be nice what you are suggesting, but unless the programmers forget about expansions and work on just that for the next few months, I doubt it will happen. It's a programming nightmare.