PDA

View Full Version : Beware of Signature Scamming

marshmallow
08-04-2013, 11:20 AM
This is not new and as a signature designer, I've been dealing with quite a few scammers and unfortunately, ended up losing them and they got away with it.

I'd like to keep this short as possible.

As most of you knows, I've won a contest held by a warrior. Upon claiming, he told me do a 2nd one and handed it to him. He's using the same sig as of this moment.

Then BS talks starts until he decided to ignore me in-game. I've heard from him he got kicked out from Chivalrous Union.

He said he can't log in coz her mom is sick until one of my guildmates sent a guild chat. Please see screen shot:

http://i44.tinypic.com/2e3u0ci.jpg

He's been online for hours and fortunately, was able to meet him through my other toon. I easily got him to respond in an instant by convincing him that I needed to transfer warrior vanity sets to my other toon.

http://i42.tinypic.com/14o55di.jpg

I hope this won't happen to everyone. This should be a lesson for all of us. This will serve as a warning to those people who do part-time work in making signatures to sustain their toons. This is very risky.

Before that, here's a message of the scammer for everyone:

Source: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?109737-regarding-the-scammers&p=1208159&viewfull=1#post1208159

Y O L O
08-04-2013, 11:28 AM
Marsh (s)he's probably a scammer.Tho it's just a sig...at least it wasn't something valuable.

Deadroth
08-04-2013, 11:29 AM
Ofc :) I told Avaree to boot that Scammer, i don't care. Beware of that 'user' he tried to scam me also but he will pay for his betrayal tricks.

Bring Delph here! And don't tell me there's no place to talk bout scamming, the ppl from sts who r 'handling' bannin scammers and insulters are just sittin in their warm chairs. Do somethin! Do not let the good, and TRUSTWORTHY person like Marshmallow bein scammed by someone like that... one..

Yolo.. yes it was.. You don't know cuz you don't make sigs... Marshi has paid by her tears and time to deal with this awful scammer, she kicked me btw, i deserved that but i had to help her. Marshi has been hurt in awful way, do not let ppl forget bout it..

I can put screens from my PM s from him... I will, wait.

Deadroth
08-04-2013, 11:35 AM
Come to game to pt wid me bro.

Bro, My battery died and I got bad news. My mum is really ill :'(((.

LOL There i hav a proof you r scammer.

Don't lie. I will report you to dev.

I would never scam in my whole damn life. Marsh hasn't been on the whole day while I was waiting for her. I have her gold I will give it to her and also your gold too.

Nope. That is too much. You have to come and show me that gold you have for marshi or i will report you to dev for scamming poor marshi..

How is it too much? And why would I scam Marshi? She is such a nice member I would never do such a thing. You all think I'm lying when I'm telling the god damn truth. And if I was scamming her, Why would I hold the contest in the first place?. I would of just made a sig myself but I wasn't bothered. I'll show you her gold when I come on and prove you all wrong. When someones telling the truth, you shouldn't blame that person for lying after doing all this. I made a promise and I keep my promises I never break them. When she comes on, I'll give it straight away without hesitation.

I am hangin your word... You would scam her cuz you wanted a sig by her but you don't wanna pay for it... Also I am curious why the hell you didn't tell me about the illness of your mother b4? Now it sounds like you try to scam even me... Lets say i belive you.. But if you won't fulfill the word you gave to marshi that will be your last scam in al. Yknow what? She is mad at me cuz of You! She cries cuz she thinks you scamming her without mercy... Give her reward asap... I have my eye on you..

Look if you really think I'm scamming her, then I would of never held the contest. I would never scam in my whole damn life. I dispise scammers and I wish they never exsisted. i will give her reward asap and i promise you she will be happy again. just take my word for it and I promise you that she will get her reward. If you don't believe me that's your choice but I'd like you to know I'm not a lier, scammer, cheater nor hacker. I was a Moderator on my previous forum and I had to leave due to some family matters. I didn't tell you because if I told you, you wouldn't of believed me and would think I'm an absolute joke. I'm not lying, I'm telling the absolute truth her. I've been scammed and I hate scammers to my guts.

We will see. If marshi will have her gold i will forgot bout whole situation.

I swear on my god damn life she will. I didn't mean to upset anyone in anyway at all.

Here is message from yesterday. He told me he has gold for marsh so i told him to show it to me to proof he isn't gilty.

SkyDagger
08-04-2013, 11:38 AM
Making sigs always have an effort and time consume so i think this must be not ignore. As a signature maker too its so sad and disappointing that after all the works you've done it will end up to nothing. Perhaps marsh you should have add a new rule on your signature shop that pay half first / make sig with some SAMPLE transparent word / pay full / Get the Full sig.

Really disappointing on those people ....

Roberto077
08-04-2013, 11:38 AM
Email support (support@spacetimestudios.com) and basically just copy + paste this thread in your ticket. No need to post it on the forums.

EDIT: I believe saying the word "damn" is infraction-able on the forums too. As I was reading some of the "scammer's" posts, he used that word quite a lot.

marshmallow
08-04-2013, 11:39 AM
Email support (support@spacetimestudios.com) and basically just copy + paste this thread in your ticket. No need to post it on the forums.
Already did but it's weekend. No office. This also serves as a warning to fellow signature makers like me. If you guys spent hours on your toons, it's same with making signatures plus it requires skills.

We've met after being invited in his guild but got kicked after confessing his faults in front of his guildmaster.

Roberto077
08-04-2013, 11:45 AM
Here is message from yesterday. He told me he has gold for marsh so i told him to show it to me to proof he isn't gilty.

A moderator of a previous forum wouldn't use vulgar language or hold signature contests since you can't fit a picture in a trading box.

Roberto077
08-04-2013, 11:46 AM
Already did but it's weekend. No office. This also serves as a warning to fellow signature makers like me. If you guys spent hours on your toons, it's same with making signatures plus it requires skills.

We've met after being invited in his guild but got kicked after confessing his faults in front of his guildmaster.

There is actually a weekend support. They hired someone about a month or two ago.

marshmallow
08-04-2013, 11:47 AM
A moderator of a previous forum wouldn't use vulgar language or hold signature contests since you can't fit a picture in a trading box.

Which is why despite of possible trades from those pictures, I posted this as a reminder to those who thought that making sig is one way to get gold easily despite of its disadvantages.

SkyDagger
08-04-2013, 11:56 AM
Which is why despite of possible trades from those pictures, I posted this as a reminder to those who thought that making sig is one way to get gold easily despite of its disadvantages.

Agree, i really hope not only banned can apply for a scam on signature contest just too make our efforts on making those goes to nothing.
But still roberto said let's wait for a reply on sts support about these things.

Ebezaanec
08-04-2013, 12:06 PM
Sorry to hear this is happening to someone like you, Marsh. Hope it all ends well.

marshmallow
08-04-2013, 12:11 PM
Agree, i really hope not only banned can apply for a scam on signature contest just too make our efforts on making those goes to nothing.
But still roberto said let's wait for a reply on sts support about these things.
Whatever the results would be, I hope signature makers will be cautious now like asking downpayment or pay first. Scammers like them are capable of doing different tactics to fool us.

Sorry to hear this is happening to someone like you, Marsh. Hope it all ends well.
Thanks. This is frustrating though but won't stop me from making designs for you all and inspire fellow sig makers in this wonderful community as well.

DocDoBig
08-04-2013, 12:34 PM
And he just made a Goodbye thread today - little "too" suspicious if you ask me.
Also I call bs with his mother, he's most likely just lying; maybe he just don't have the money atm or so (which I don't think so, because simple telling that you can't pay it at the moment is just easier).
I suggest to put a deadline when he has to pay your prices marshi, plus your customers or contest hosts should at least post a pic with their money.

P.S. Interesting to see the contrast between his articulation ingame and on forums...

Y O L O
08-04-2013, 12:36 PM
Marsh has always been pro sig maker and Mfkaz you seriously should give the gold to marsh or else..~::{BAN~HAMMER}::~..

marshmallow
08-04-2013, 12:43 PM
Marsh has always been pro sig maker and Mfkaz you seriously should give the gold to marsh or else..~::{BAN~HAMMER}::~..
STS knows what's good for this game. Let's just hope this won't happen again to any of us.

And he just made a Goodbye thread today - little "too" suspicious if you ask me.
Also I call bs with his mother, he's most likely just lying; maybe he just don't have the money atm or so (which I don't think so, because simple telling that you can't pay it at the moment is just easier).
I suggest to put a deadline when he has to pay your prices marshi, plus your customers or contest hosts should at least post a pic with their money.

P.S. Interesting to see the contrast between his articulation ingame and on forums...

There were players who were very honest and I just told them to save up until they have the right amount of money. No bs talks or lies. I will always try to understand as long as they keep their promises.

Amzad
08-04-2013, 01:42 PM
Wow that guy was on my friends list too.

Amzad
08-04-2013, 01:58 PM
Mkfaz was just online like 1 hour ago

CrushOverride
08-04-2013, 03:20 PM
So to avoid sig scammers just keep the original file until payment is made and post a watermarked sample of the sig for final approval. Once you have been paid pm the original art to to recipient.

Wowsome
08-04-2013, 04:04 PM
im sorry to see this, marsh. ty for sharing it with us.

ps - ur sig rocks.

Amzad
08-04-2013, 05:56 PM
Yup he's a scammer and a liar.

Alhuntrazeck
08-04-2013, 08:38 PM
Sry to hear this :( stuff like this should not be tolerated.

marshmallow
08-04-2013, 08:53 PM
It's okay to PM him if you really want to know something but I hope you won't harass him despite of his inappropriate actions.

Let STS take care of people who doesn't play fair towards fellow players.

I took sig requests after the incident and implement my own rule of paying full first. I explained to them why I made such rule and they understand.
I already closed a deal and it went well.

It's quite time consuming to think of a design concept and implement it on a software. Be cautious fellow sig makers.

Exist
08-04-2013, 08:56 PM
C'mon just pay her for her hardwork :D

Temarichan
08-04-2013, 08:58 PM
Mkfraz friended me earlier .-. Now what lol

marshmallow
08-04-2013, 09:02 PM
Mkfraz friended me earlier .-. Now what lol

Your call. Or take some time to read the quoted message below from one of his blogs here:

Yeah Baby!! It's my first blog for this forum XD!. Anyway back to the topic.

I'm tired of hearing this scamming going on around this forum. it really does tick me about the way people are complaining about losing there items. Why trust that person in the first place?, Why not have the knowledge to know that this is blatantly a scam?. You moan and groan when losing your items well it serves you right. You trust a person you don't even know and you get the reward for it. I know these people that scam you are kids. It's so obvious the way they talk to you. Well just to let you all know, it serves you all right and you pay the price for listening to a dumb kid that took your item .

Updated 07-30-2013 at 12:51 PM by MfKaz
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/entry.php?1142-Kids-amp-Scammers

Temarichan
08-04-2013, 09:05 PM
Hm...I'll talk to him and see what happens. I'll post anything suspicious.

Delphina
08-04-2013, 09:08 PM
No need to call out on the forums. Please message support (Click link in signature) or report in game. Thanks!