PDA

View Full Version : clyde vs slag

Maalice
08-04-2013, 06:33 PM
I just started pvping and never noticed how good slag was for pvp with his stun... kinda regretting not getting him when I had the chance. Does clydes stun work anywhere near as good as slags does?

Taejo
08-04-2013, 06:49 PM
I just started pvping and never noticed how good slag was for pvp with his stun... kinda regretting not getting him when I had the chance. Does clydes stun work anywhere near as good as slags does?

I don't have Clyde, but from what I've read on the forums and seen in game, his stun does not work effectively (if at all) in PvP. Save your plat if PvP is your only motive to buy Clyde.

EDIT: On that note, George is also ineffective in PvP, from my experience.

Ravager
08-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Slags basic attack hits multiple at lvl 30 instead of clydes 1 as well

Maalice
08-05-2013, 12:23 AM
Yeah I already have a l31 clyde... he was just never hitting with his "stun"

Alhuntrazeck
08-05-2013, 03:07 AM
Clyde is good, just not as effective as Slag or so I hear.
Its a cost-effective alternative tho.

Linkincena
08-05-2013, 03:36 AM
Clyde stun works as same as slag...
Just lvl it up to 31 for effectiveness..

falmear
08-05-2013, 11:22 AM
I don't know about PvP, but slag stuns way more often then Clyde in pve. Its one reason I bought slag and now use it over Clyde. The few times I have played PvP Slag's speed boost is quite helpful. Also Slag's arcane also does burn damage and panic while Clyde only panics. So slag IMO is better then Clyde.

drgrimmy
08-05-2013, 03:47 PM
Although I have heard debate about the relative effectiveness of the arcane ability of slag and Clyde to stun/panic in PvP, I find them both to work equally well. You just have to make sure you wait for any other motion impairing effects to wear off of your enemy before you use the arcane (eg wait for the fireball stun to wear off) or else it won't work. Slag is overall better for the reasons falmear posted above.

Maalice
08-11-2013, 02:36 AM
Thanks doc...btw r u a 68w