PDA

View Full Version : If you can travel back to the past...

IronMonkey
08-05-2013, 08:50 AM
Hi Forumers,

Today, I saw an old episode of Bones and the episode was, the victim (dead) was fascinated with time travel and he wants to go back in time not in the future. So the question is, if you can travel back in time, what time will it be and why?

Skeletonlord
08-05-2013, 09:01 AM
Hi Forumers,

Today, I saw an old episode of Bones and the episode was, the victim (dead) was fascinated with time travel and he wants to go back in time not in the future. So the question is, if you can travel back in time, what time will it be and why?

You may say it's not original, but I'd go to the prehistoric era and see the dinosaurs. I like skulls and fossils, so this would be fascinating.

What about you iron?

Spyce
08-05-2013, 09:05 AM
Probably when STG released PL.
They make everyone addicted..

Skeletonlord
08-05-2013, 09:09 AM
Probably when STG released PL.
They make everyone addicted..

Id like that too. There should be a celebration event with balloons and everything, or a day when it goes back to the good olde days. (Old splashscreen, old menus etc).

DocDoBig
08-05-2013, 09:54 AM
Assassinate Justin Bieber when he is 3.

Xvanitykingx
08-05-2013, 10:00 AM
If I could travel to the past, I would definitely go back to when I reccieved my first demonic set for only 1m (AND NOT SELL IT BEFORE THEY BECAME 7m+) :p and make sure that this time I buy more than one set :p

~xvanitykingx

Zeus
08-05-2013, 01:14 PM
I wouldn't change a single thing. Why? Butterfly effect. Things worked out the way that they are presently so don't mess with them! :)

Even the events that did not work out as favorably as expected shouldn't be altered. Why? You never know what altering those events might lead to. :[

Bbnc
08-05-2013, 01:56 PM

why 3 ?

Suentous PO
08-05-2013, 02:03 PM
One train of thought in physics is you can only go as far back as when the time machine was invented in the first place.
-sciencenerd

DocDoBig
08-05-2013, 02:04 PM
why 3 ?

I don't know, is 2 better?

Bbnc
08-05-2013, 02:41 PM
I don't know, is 2 better?

yes dear, let's kill him when he is 2 , lol.

Spyce
08-05-2013, 02:48 PM
yes dear, let's kill him when he is 2 , lol.

Don't all girls like Justin Bieber?

DocDoBig
08-05-2013, 03:01 PM
Don't all girls like Justin Bieber?

All uncool girls, Bianca is cool.

Kixxler
08-05-2013, 08:29 PM
I would go back in time and kill the monster that put letters into math

*** algebra

Schnitzel
08-06-2013, 12:29 AM
Hi Forumers,

I'd travel back to the near 1980s because bacon costed less back then :D

Schnitzel
08-06-2013, 12:31 AM
I would go back in time and kill the monster that put letters into math

*** algebra
Sorry. Double post.

I'm still wondering when I'm ever going to use (X^3 Y^6 Z^2)/( A^28 B^28 C^23) in real life..

Suentous PO
08-06-2013, 03:58 PM
Sorry. Double post.

I'm still wondering when I'm ever going to use (X^3 Y^6 Z^2)/( A^28 B^28 C^23) in real life..

Those people who found out time travel is posible enjoy those sorts of mathematics.

VladHaund
08-06-2013, 04:35 PM
I wouldn't change a single thing. Why? Butterfly effect. Things worked out the way that they are presently so don't mess with them! :)

Even the events that did not work out as favorably as expected shouldn't be altered. Why? You never know what altering those events might lead to. :[

It's called time paradox and yes, one change on the past, BIG effect in the future.

Even if you go back in past just to buy a hat or clothes, which is supposed to be worn by someone else.
And if that "someone else" didn't wear that supposed to be worn clothes at the exact time, that's where the paradox is born.

You never know, it could've been your fathers hat which your mother liked about your father.

DocDoBig
08-06-2013, 04:40 PM
Lol you guys watch too much Sci-Fi. ;)

razerfingers
08-06-2013, 04:46 PM
lol @ that paradox effect. i was gonna go more down the route of going back to last friday and flying down to be with meh girlfriend before and after her surgery! :D everything else isn't important enough! :)

Suentous PO
08-06-2013, 06:10 PM
It's called time paradox and yes, one change on the past, BIG effect in the future.

Even if you go back in past just to buy a hat or clothes, which is supposed to be worn by someone else.
And if that "someone else" didn't wear that supposed to be worn clothes at the exact time, that's where the paradox is born.

You never know, it could've been your fathers hat which your mother liked about your father.

There is no paradox if we live in an Everit-Wheeler model multiverse.
If that turns out to be true, then traveling to the past would create a seperate reality abscent from the world and timeline you left when you went to the "past".
This is one of those things that will probably be resolved/understood if/when we have a true unified theory instead of a seperate science dedicated to the quantum.
There are even more and stranger possibilities.

Lol you guys watch too much Sci-Fi. ;)
Haven't owned a tv in years, and don't read scifi. I'm duel statted nerd/geek.

IronMonkey
08-06-2013, 09:58 PM
You may say it's not original, but I'd go to the prehistoric era and see the dinosaurs. I like skulls and fossils, so this would be fascinating.

What about you iron?

Would you survive? My answer to the question is November 2012, when I discovered AL, I would not have installed/joined this game, it got me addicted. Lol

P.S. Don't kill Bieber, he is still cute at that age.

Sryyoulose
08-06-2013, 10:24 PM
Id buy a ton of money that was in the 1800-1950's put in a bank that was still around today and collect some major interest.

Schnitzel
08-06-2013, 10:45 PM
Id buy a ton of money that was in the 1800-1950's put in a bank that was still around today and collect some major interest.
OR
Bring an iPad to the past and sell it claiming it was "alien tech"
THEN follow the rest of your idea

VladHaund
08-07-2013, 12:38 AM
There is no paradox if we live in an Everit-Wheeler model multiverse.
If that turns out to be true, then traveling to the past would create a seperate reality abscent from the world and timeline you left when you went to the "past".
This is one of those things that will probably be resolved/understood if/when we have a true unified theory instead of a seperate science dedicated to the quantum.
There are even more and stranger possibilities.

Haven't owned a tv in years, and don't read scifi. I'm duel statted nerd/geek.

That is also another theory that is possible to occur like "Metro" kind of time traveling theory.
Which is if you go back in the past then you change lane to another train.
Its gonna be long to explain so, just think of how Metro and Railways works.

So, here I have a photo example of a railways.

Think of the center as the space-time vortex and the rails, stations
are the worm hole. There is a lots of paradox and time holes but there is also a zone
where every time meats each other. sort of like the center of all the parallels.
Every parallel events differs but there is a united happening too.

Ever seen a movie related like this? Maybe the Justice League show is easier to use
as an example. <---lol

There is alot of parallels but there is one thing that is similar,
like our personality, characteristic, status, or ability.
And one thing is another theory that if we make choices, that's where
new parallels, paradox are born. Every choices we make in our life leads to another dimension,
another reality. So it means there is no absolute reality? Only absolute reality are the one that is
the right now situation. The one that you can see in your eyes, you can feel by your hands.

Time travel is another possibility to give you more curiosity and to understand how it goes.
And sometimes an idea to make someones mind to go crazy. :vlol:

But if time travel is going to be a possible science fact like any other Sci-Fi truned to Sci-Fact,
I will be gladly go to travel through time where time was even called a time. A time before time.
And go to Cristian age, medieval age, and any other historical events. I want to witness every
events with my own eyes. Now that would be so cool!!

IronMonkey
08-07-2013, 10:06 AM
^I saw the Justice League movie

Superman - Ultraman
Batman - Owlman
Wonderwoman - ???? (i forgot)

Parallel universe, reminds me of the movie starred by Jet Li where he have several him from other universes.

captaintuttle
08-07-2013, 10:36 AM
LMAO!!! DOC!!!! Shame on you!!! :smiley_simmons:

Hmmmm.... I think I might need to think about this one for days! I'd want to pick JUST the right time... Wow, what a question!

najcomp
08-07-2013, 11:44 AM
Who know maybe there is time machine out there but someone use it to go to past and kill the inventor
Still if i can go to past i will buy all snaggletooth and wrathjaw when the price is 1k and use the plat to buy 500k and buy hammerjaw when hammerjaw is vey cheap back then

captaintuttle
08-07-2013, 12:07 PM
Who know maybe there is time machine out there but someone use it to go to past and kill the inventor
Still if i can go to past i will buy all snaggletooth and wrathjaw when the price is 1k and use the plat to buy 500k and buy hammerjaw when hammerjaw is vey cheap back then

I was thinking of something along the lines of preventing a global war, or maybe saving Kennedy, or foiling the holocaust. But this is a pretty good suggestion too! :P :smiley_simmons:

Suentous PO
08-07-2013, 01:05 PM
^ heheh, yeah teach everyone in the Americas what salt Peter sulphur and charcoal makes before Spain & all land.

VladHaund
08-08-2013, 03:53 AM
^I saw the Justice League movie

Superman - Ultraman
Batman - Owlman
Wonderwoman - ???? (i forgot)

Parallel universe, reminds me of the movie starred by Jet Li where he have several him from other universes.

Oh yeah, I love that movie by Jet Li! It's called [ The One ] which the movie I first started to like both,
Jet Li and Jason Statham. And then comes [ Romeo Must Die ] but yeah, talking about the movie,
I want to go back in time just to tell Aaliyah not to book the flight so she won't have to die at such a young age..

diioeiks
09-07-2020, 01:02 PM
If I had enough time and finances, I would go on a travel around the world. Normally, such a trip can take up to two years. It is my biggest dream to have my own experience of different cultures. I have so many travel accessories from StartMyHobbyTrip (https://startmyhobbytrip.com/) to test in reality. I am waiting impatiently for the pandemic to be subdued and the planet can return to its normal rhythm.