PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Summary

MoarPewPew
10-26-2010, 09:21 PM
Well I would like to say that in mmorpgs I like to see how I do compared to other player.

With that said I would like to share an idea that could help make players more aware of there playing style.

So the idea is at the end of each dungeon, you are given the option to view how you or your party members did during the dungeon.

The stats listed could involve:

Time spent in dungeon and inventory screen
Kills
Assists (the last shot before kill)
Deaths
Average dps( this could help with learning what moves to do at certain times)
Potion used
Total dps

I would rather see this for individual use.
This could really benifit all players because they will know what areas to improve on.

I want to say yes I know all class differ but this can help improve gameplay.
Thanks

smoae
10-26-2010, 09:31 PM
hmm never seen this suggested before...
i like it itd be cool to compare stats and kills with other players.
(bragging rights lol ;))

MoarPewPew
10-26-2010, 09:41 PM
Yes I understand it can be used for bragging rights but the pure intention is, how can I improve.

This also allows the gamers to see what items or class are a better fit for them. I'm sure the classes do different damage out put, and this will allow a player to see what is there right fit.

Rotation of skills can also come to effect. Maximizing dps.

Last I would add is since players can join dungeons in progress that I why I put time spent in dungeons so you can not simply say" I'm better than you" by having more kills than another who has spent less time in that dungeon.

Finally this could give a reason to kick a person after one dungeon if they are not up to par.

smoae
10-26-2010, 09:46 PM
Yes I understand it can be used for bragging rights but the pure intention is, how can I improve.

This also allows the gamers to see what items or class are a better fit for them. I'm sure the classes do different damage out put, and this will allow a player to see what is there right fit.

Rotation of skills can also come to effect. Maximizing dps.

Last I would add is since players can join dungeons in progress that I why I put time spent in dungeons so you can not simply say" I'm better than you" by having more kills than another who has spent less time in that dungeon.

Finally this could give a reason to kick a person after one dungeon if they are not up to par.
yep i get the other reason just put bragging right for the joke ;)
id really like to see this. couldnt be that hard, i dont think...

MoarPewPew
10-26-2010, 09:52 PM
Hopefully it will get enough support and be implemented by the devs.

Also regarding the " bragging"

That was a great point even if you ment it as a joke, because some people could think there better than other just by the numbers not even consider there classes abilities and other factors.

Royce
10-27-2010, 01:53 PM
This has been suggested before. However, it would not really reflect tanking and healing contributions properly the way you have suggested it. A good tank will usually do less damage than other party members, and a support mage would have nothing to brag about with the stats you have listed either.

Edit: Here's a previous suggestion that is pretty much the same: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?1761-Round-Statistics!

Bludd
10-27-2010, 11:31 PM
Awesome. Add this.