PDA

View Full Version : Smashers AI

Valsacar
08-05-2013, 10:59 AM
Something is up with these guys, they seem to go towards the highest level walls and not the closest. I just watched SIX of them ignore the low (lvl 2) walls that were 1 gold mine away (and a straight line) and run towards the lvl 4 walls that were 3 gold mines away (a much farther distance). Everyone of them did the same thing, even if I tried to drop them a little farther away.

They should go in a generally straight line, hitting the first wall they see (which might be a little off from a straight line), but running around corners or to walls double the distance away just isn't right.

Lojack
08-05-2013, 12:04 PM
This behavior is intended. It's so you can blow a hole in a wall and subsequent smashers will go through the hole to blow up walls further inside the fortress.

Cahaun
08-05-2013, 02:27 PM
This behavior is intended. It's so you can blow a hole in a wall and subsequent smashers will go through the hole to blow up walls further inside the fortress.
You haven't realized that what he is saying is that they are ignoring the low level walls he placed them by in favor of higher level walls that are further away. He isn't talking about Smashers going through the same hole as the main issue.

Lojack
08-05-2013, 03:57 PM
I do now. I'll look into it.

Guy Elkayam
08-10-2013, 03:36 PM
Quick related question that I think might be helpful to all, how is the Smasher's AI supposed to be when there is a singular tile of a wall next to it and further away there's a row of walls of higher level, is it the density of the walls that it is after or the higher the level, or even the distance? how does it choose targets?

chickenjoy
09-22-2013, 10:19 AM

it does not go further inside fortress with spiral wall layout. please fix.

NEM0
09-26-2013, 12:00 AM
Hey Devs,
I noticed that after the update (or was it always like this and I just didn't notice?), the smashers aim for the nearest completely enclosed space. This AI can be defeated by putting a grid of 3x3 (with the center empty) decoy walls off to the corner, so that the attacking smashers will go for the decoys. It's very amusing to watch this happen in the replays, but probably frustrating players who haven't quite figured it out yet.

What if you programmed the smashers to aim for the nearest wall segment that also has adjacent segments on at least two sides? I think this would make for more predictable smasher behavior, and also defeat the "picket line" wall defense that used to be so popular.

glengon
09-26-2013, 04:41 AM
Hey Devs,
I noticed that after the update (or was it always like this and I just didn't notice?), the smashers aim for the nearest completely enclosed space. This AI can be defeated by putting a grid of 3x3 (with the center empty) decoy walls off to the corner, so that the attacking smashers will go for the decoys. It's very amusing to watch this happen in the replays, but probably frustrating players who haven't quite figured it out yet.

What if you programmed the smashers to aim for the nearest wall segment that also has adjacent segments on at least two sides? I think this would make for more predictable smasher behavior, and also defeat the "picket line" wall defense that used to be so popular.
How do you realise that only now, when majority of the bases are spirals and use this trick?

arielucie
09-26-2013, 02:20 PM
I realy hate garudon style base design!!!! Very hard to destroy, ;(

Multibird
09-29-2013, 11:25 AM
I realy hate garudon style base design!!!! Very hard to destroy, ;(
Use devs

Bookmark
09-29-2013, 02:05 PM
Or bombers and heals

glengon
09-29-2013, 10:18 PM
Or spitters and blasters.

Bookmark
09-29-2013, 10:24 PM
Or if you want to do a quickie farm, 5 maxed fire spells

Garudon
09-29-2013, 11:51 PM
The knows all about being "quick" :-D

arielucie
09-30-2013, 03:11 AM
I wish i have what you guys suggest :(

I only had lv 2 bomber, lv3 smasher, 3 times heal lv1

:(

Thats why i say its hard, lol

Garudon, after i get resources from god, you take it again, so i -48 trophy lol, your trick so great, but i use half sheep from god for upgrade lv 3 bomber,