PDA

View Full Version : Feedback Request: Warriors who use Abaddon

Taejo
08-06-2013, 04:14 PM
Community Warriors:

I am curious as to your experiences with Abaddon in both PvE and PvP. I would like feedback primarily from L30-31 Warriors who use Abaddon. Please post a detailed opinion about his usefulness. I do not want this thread to turn into a complaint thread about him, so if you have anything negative to say let's try to keep the discussion on the course of how he relates to Warriors. Some ideas to get you started:

- Does his damage output help you?
- Have you improved in PvE/PvP since you started using him?
- How does he compare to other pets?

Thank you and I look forward to reading your feedback!

Ravager
08-07-2013, 02:32 AM
I really like using him. I use him in pvp. The only other pet that gives a happiness boost of 12 % speed is shiloh but I prefer the boost of 15% extra damage and armor than 4% damage reduction.

Great for flagging but sometimes i will run out of mana compared to slag. While flagging and I get ambushed, I have a higher chance of surviving or beating them with abaddon than shiloh. Shiloh is still great but abaddon is just better when compared.

Hard to tell if the damage boost really helps or not.

I tend to run into runaway mages and rogues so the speedboost really helps. Sometimes chasing them down is difficult if they have slag and you have slag too. Even if I use Skyward Smash it is difficult.

I don't pve too much since loot drops aren't worth much so I can't speak for that department.

I keep abaddon in my rotation of pets that i use for pvp (since feeding is expensive)

Chauakai
08-08-2013, 09:58 AM
I have a lvl 30 Abaddon on my mage and I dont think I would like him on my warrior. I think his arcane is too weak to help me effectively tank better. The arcane is similar to a mage's curse. Just a cloud over the enemies and it chips little hp off over time. I am of course comparing him to my lvl 31 Slags. I have Slag on all 3 toons. The dmg and speed boost are nice on mage but that is all I like about him.

Rogue friends dont like Abaddon either and I would have to ask around about Warriors using Abaddon in my guild. But as of now I would not buy Abaddon for any of my other toons. If he gets a big boost in stats then maybe I will get another one.

If you have Slag then your stats will drop alot if you use Abaddon. Mage loses 200 hp, 15 dex, 5 int, 50 mana, 2% bonus dmg,
6 dmg, and 6 on dps. Granted this may differ for a warrior but there is a significant loss in stats between the two mythic pets. Slag arcane ability is insane for tanking also.

Not sure this really helps as I have Abaddon on my mage and not my warrior. I find him most useful running the Hauntlet for a little bit more speed.

Taejo
08-08-2013, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the feedback so far! Hopefully there's more on the way. I am contemplating buying him for my warrior.

Valsacar
08-11-2013, 06:26 PM
For a mage, those stat reductions sound right... but when you compare the 12% dmg (slag) to the 15% (abaddon) you'll see that Abaddon's boost more than makes up for the lost damage. That negates most of it, leaving you with the 200 hp loss (increased armor to help compensate, but probably not enough) and 50mp (if you're a sorcerer and 50mp is a deal breaker... you need better eq).

On balance, I like Abaddon. I hit harder, move faster, and his arcane actually helps if you're farming. PvP, I'd prob go with slag.