PDA

View Full Version : I'm leaving PL (template)

setec
10-27-2010, 02:24 AM
"PL Community,

I, <insert nick>, am leaving PL for <insert "good" or "temporary"> because I need to <insert some profound sounding but not really profound real life or fake reason>. I just feel that my not being able to <insert game goal here> has really impacted the way I feel about the game. It's not the same since <insert latest patch> came out.

I'll always remember the good times with <insert name of a few players here and maybe a Dev whether you've played with them or not>.

Thanks for the memories.

<your nick here>."

Bonus followup post by random user:

"Hey, can I have your items?"

NOTE: Although I think letters such as these do provide valuable feedback to the Devs on why people may leave the game they are still hilarious to read.

jonboy
10-27-2010, 02:34 AM
Hey, can I have your <insert current uber item/s>

Arterra
10-27-2010, 06:35 AM
Lolicious... I hate most of these threads. You should require a big eulogy...
"hey sup. Look, I gotta leave. I'm bored/upset/busy and need to do stuff elsewhere. "
"k bro, ill tell ppl who ask. "

Snakespeare
10-27-2010, 08:08 AM
I came back because <insert excuse>.

kavanah
10-27-2010, 12:11 PM
Dev's said farewell to me =) Just saying...

Royce
10-27-2010, 12:13 PM

Not just the devs but STS itself ;)

Jespo
10-27-2010, 01:32 PM

gunna be missed man

RedRyder
10-27-2010, 03:34 PM
Not just the devs but STS itself ;)

a PL first!!

jonboy
10-27-2010, 05:22 PM

Humility is underrated.

Gaabob
10-27-2010, 05:30 PM

Despite this- it should have been in OT.

I am very surprised you (forum member since july) didn't follow this very easy unwritten rule. It is getting very annoying (especially when every time someone posts a farewell thread justg moves it and says "belongs in OT."). Not seeing how it is so hard to pay attention to that tinnny detail.

kavanah
10-27-2010, 09:37 PM
Despite this- it should have been in OT.

I am very surprised you (forum member since july) didn't follow this very easy unwritten rule. It is getting very annoying (especially when every time someone posts a farewell thread justg moves it and says "belongs in OT."). Not seeing how it is so hard to pay attention to that tinnny detail.

Technically its on the topic of PL. It's a general discussion. If you generally discuss a player in PL it belongs in general discussion no? Had I posted a title, saying, "I'm building my first house!" then that would be in OT because it did not pertain to PL. My resignation did. Therefore, if JustG cares to move it to OT because it's an unwritten rule then so be it. I, however, have placed an appropriate topic/thread in the appropriate forum. Good day sir.

Arterra
10-27-2010, 09:40 PM
meh i would call it seeking more attention since general gets more views that OT but im still wanting in on the guild lool

i just hate these goodbyes in general, what can i say? when I leave if ever, ill just drop off the radar...

jonboy
10-28-2010, 03:50 AM
Agreed Arterra, if I leave I'll just vanish.

Htiek
10-28-2010, 06:01 AM
i am not cold blood ;-D
but why if u leave, need to make a thread tell others u leave
why dont just disappear.....

SlipperyJim
10-28-2010, 06:34 AM
To all who have posted on this thread: Can I have your stuff? Kthxbye!!

Snakespeare
10-28-2010, 07:51 AM
Well, since we are setting records straight... I have friends who would wonder where I went and I wanted them to know that I was not leaving, only taking a short break. And, it was not because of any patch but because I found it frustrating to find games where people were actually playing, and because I need to write. So mine was called "love the creativity/hate the abuse". I do play less, and that is good. The brain goes weak if you only do one thing all the time. So after three months of obsessive behavior, it was the right thing to do. :)

Draq
10-28-2010, 09:33 AM
Ppl that quit... Just say bye dont go overboard with the whole drama story trying to get sympathy from ppl who really dont care

Royce
10-28-2010, 09:39 AM
Just for reference, it's not exactly unwritten, just hard to find, and maybe not quite a rule, more of a request...

I understand people wanting to say goodbye, to perhaps get a sense of closure or let us know they are no longer satisfied with the product.

Our advice will always be to take a break and come back in a few weeks.

How about we just ask they go in off-topic?

I will be moving this to off-topic. Goodbye (and taking a break) threads don't go in general imo.

Draq
10-28-2010, 09:42 AM
Lol justg u rock