PDA

View Full Version : Point of troll

jabu69
08-07-2013, 07:48 AM
Hey guys,

I had a discussion in my guild but no one gave me any good answers. I don't quite understand the point of having a pve element in a pvp mode where the point is to kill other people.

It's TDM so the two major themes are "Team" (teamplay), and "Death" (killing). Where does troll come in? There's no reward for killing it during a match so it only serves as a nuisance.

Bless
08-07-2013, 08:06 AM
I have always voted for a Trulle-free pvp. Hes helpful sometimes but, I can do without him because:

1. He doesnt kill you (suicide) Most of the times....Someone else just comes in and kills me
2. He follows you through the whole freaking map!

Possible solutions to these trulle problem are:
1. He shouldnt follow you - should have a fixed path that he should follow.
2. He should actually HIT you 70% of the times he swings.
3. Make another trulle free room - for real pvpers, because atm hes a distraction

I am entitled to an opinion -.-

Demon_SnipeZzz
08-07-2013, 08:28 AM
Reasons I hate trulle and I love trulle:
Love
Kills me instead of enemy killing me
Hate
Follows you
When i step out of the red area i STILL get hit
Hits you so you get low
Stupid

Energizeric
08-08-2013, 01:22 AM
He's just an obstacle to make the fights more interesting. I like it! :)

Linkincena
08-08-2013, 01:39 AM
Purpose of troll is to teach you teamwork with enemies )
That is why Troll gives you Troll Bane achievement when you kill it...
Also the troll is a good strategic defence if you know how to use him.. )

IronMonkey
08-09-2013, 02:22 AM
Mages love Trulle. It's a defensive weapon.

Hinataa
08-09-2013, 08:46 AM
Well i just think he is there to annoy me. Btw fastest way to get rid of him is to let him kill u:p

Energizeric
08-09-2013, 10:02 AM

Actually I find that rogues like it. Rogues have the ability to target who they want to hit. But mages do not. So if the troll is nearby and I am fighting a rogue, all they have to keep doing is run behind the troll and then my lightning bolt hits the troll and not the rogue.

Bless
08-09-2013, 12:40 PM

Actually I find that rogues like it. Rogues have the ability to target who they want to hit. But mages do not. So if the troll is nearby and I am fighting a rogue, all they have to keep doing is run behind the troll and then my lightning bolt hits the troll and not the rogue. Same would happen with a rogues aimed shot if a Mage is behind Trulle

Alfai
08-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Hypothesis 1:
Trulle help teams to foster teamwork and planning/thinking of strategies within its ridiculously high hp and godforsaken camera views..its an added challenge to pvp hence you cn injure him while standing in between..its more of police task (i.r rescue vip) rather than army approach (spamming skills).highly tactical so the attacks are more thoughtful.

Hypothesis 2:
adding life element to the already creepy tdm ambience

Hypothesis 3:
Diverting the attention of carrying a flag to a trulle obstacle

Hypothesis 4:
Keeping you busy till expansion

Hypothesis 5:
I might be wrong with any of the above

Energizeric
08-09-2013, 03:37 PM
Same would happen with a rogues aimed shot if a Mage is behind Trulle

Yes but mages move slow. We are not able to dart back and fourth like rogues can.

Zeus
08-10-2013, 12:16 PM
Same would happen with a rogues aimed shot if a Mage is behind Trulle

Not really...Mage thinks he's safe, but a charged shadow pierce will bring you to Mage and then take him out with Aimed shot & Nox.