PDA

View Full Version : More's Comprehensive Bird Pvp Guide.

MorewizardForums
08-07-2013, 08:14 AM
INTRO:

Hai, I'm More, and I decided to start a guide series on each class about general tips and information for pvp.
My first guide will be about birds (as I have many forg and non forg ones), and whichever other class gets the most votes in the comments is picked for the next guide. Let's get Started.

Basic Information:
Birds are my favorite class in pvp. Though they are the hardest to learn, they are the easiest to get kills, and once you master it, you can be one of the best in pvp. However they do have their strengths and weaknesses...:

Dex Birds: Strengths: Int mages, Dex mages, Str bears, Weaknesses: Str Birds, Str mages,

OR

Str Birds: Strengths: Dex Birds, Str Bears, Int Mages, Weaknesses: Str Mages, (Some) Int Mages, Dex Bears.

Int Birds: Strengths: Int Bears, Dex Mages (Kinda) Weaknesses: Dex Birds, Int mages, Str mages.

This is up for debate, as many pro birds can beat any class. But this is my opinion of how two equally skilled opponents would turn out if they fought based on class.

Skills:

I decided to list the skills top to bottom depending on how important I think they are in pvp, This is also up for debate, if you think something is wrong, calmly and nicely explain your opinion below.

1.) Evade:

Although many low level crit birds may disagree, dodge is the reason 99% of birds can stay alive long enough to get off their blast shot. Unless you are a crit bird, I recommend Maxing this skill asap, pve or pvp, dodge, being an 100% dmg reduction, will save you ALOT of damage dealt from those pesky other classes.

2.) Blast Shot:

Your main damage Dealer, Coupled with shattering scream produces a cruel blast combo, yet is just as deadly alone. Can deal MASSIVE damage, and can break MS, making mages even beatable by birds. Id recommend putting this 3-6 no matter what level you are.
Range = 12m

3.) Focus:

Focus is an amazing buff, that at 6 gives +30 crit and Hit%. This buff is the reason pure str birds even have a chance. 66hit% to 96% is a big difference hit wise. The crit shouldn't be ignored either. This added crit is one of the reason some birds are so nukey, A 226 Blast shot is devastating to any class.

4.) BreakArmor:

This skill, while doing decent damage, lowers the armor of your opponent by up to 20 armor points. This would be 40 damage with crit, 1/10th of a non str characters health per hit. This skill tears non ms'ed mages up. Nothing better than break shatter blast to beat a mage down.
Range = 12m

5.) Blind Shot:

This skill rite here is probably the most devastating debuff birds have in their arsenal. the only reason it's not higher than break is because it is based on chance, while break is a solid debuff. Though they are about equal imo. Besides bringing hit% down 30% max, it does a decent amount of damage, the real treasure is against str mages/bears/birds the devastating effect this has. This turns them from an tanky damage dealing machine to a tanky pile of goo. Easily crippling them for the kill. even ranked low, this can do enough damage to be considered important.
Range = 12m

6.) Root:

Root is a great skill, but it has limited uses. However, this is probably one of your best skills in bird vs. bird fights. at 6, It lowers dodge 30%. This undos evade, and dex birds are easy when they dont have dodge. THis is also good against all str chars, to keep out of their range by holding them still. However, most str chars have skills past 8m. This is just to keep out of their auto/slash range, which do massive damage.
Range=10m

7.) Repulse Shot

This skill is pretty much the differnce between relying on luck, or skill against bears or other classes. Ranked 3+ (or 3- for teh pros), it can be used at exactly 12m to kite the opponents skills. Ones I see kited most often are drain, beckon, and blast shot. All of which are important to avoid. The reason this isn't up higher is because sometimes new birds use it too late and are sucked in anyway. It is still an important skill to have while you learn your range more.
Range = 12m

8.) ShatteringScream:

While this skill is amazing when coupled with cruel blast, it's lower down because by itself, it does no real damage, and has 8m range, too small to be a big threat. It should be kept at one at most levels, excluding str birds. as, like avian scream, unless you can get close to your opponent, GL Hitting it without being pulled in or beaten down.
Range = 8m

9.) ThornWall:

This is a great skill when ranked 4+. and that is the problem. Though great for str birds and ffa, dex birds wont be able to get close enough to hit it until rank 4. And many low levels don't feel amount of skill points are worth it. It also has a h/s reduction. Which isn't as important for dex birds, though it might help deal with bears tanky regen.
Range= (1)=6m(2,3)=8m(4,5,6)=10m

10.) AvianScream

This skill had potential, it really did. But the 3m range is just too little for use. 6m range-4m range would be FINE, except the 3m range is less then slash range, you practically have to be hugging your opponent to get this in. Yet it does have it's uses. It does decent damage for what it is, AND it stuns your opponent. Like thorn wall it isn't necessary for dex birds, but str birds could use this to hold their opponent still while they pummel them.
Edit: Grag reminded me that it can break out of roots at 2+, this might be important against mages using fire and ice to kite you. However, unless it's at rank 5, it has a CHANCE to break roots, meaning it could fail. But it's still important to list it probability of breaking roots.
Range = 3m

11.) Meditation:

Choosing between this is restore was hard, but after hours of careful deliberation, I decided... Meditation is slightly better. why? Because birds run out of mana fast, and this may have SOME use. But in all honesty. Don't put a single point into this unless you have to. I Guarantee if you use this skill in low level pvp you'll immediately be rushed.

12.) Restore :(:
(V Actual Picture of Floats)

Buggy AF, not only this, but the health recovered in minuscule. Like meditation, if you use this you will automatically be called a nub and rushed. Not a good start to your pvp career.
Edit: This applies to lower levels. I have seen pros use restore at 50+, and Therefore I have to say that at higher levels it may not be that bad. But with that aside, at those levels the amount healed isn't really enough to cover alot of the damage you take. So although you won't get rushed for it, I still don't think it's THAT good.

Strategies:

Here I will just include a few basic strategies to get you started against other classes. Lego:
Dex Birds:

Str Bears: (Buff ofc) Repulse: to kite beckon, (get to 10m) Root, Break (get to 8m) shatter blast Blind (back to 12m) repulse

Dex bears: (Buff ofc) Repulse (TKB) Get to 10m Root, (back to 12m) break blind (charge in to) 8m (QUICKLY) Shatter blast repulse (RUNNNNN!)

Int behrs: (Do you really need buffs :/?, Yesh.) (Meh..) Repulse (TKB) (10m) Root break blind shatter blast repulse (Back away)

Str Birds: (A real Toughie) (STAY AT 12m) Blind break repulse (They'll waste skills) (10m) root (8m) Shatter (10m) Blast repulse (12m) Repeat until they deadddd.

Dex Birds: (Pft...) (12m) Break (10m) Root (8m) Shatter Blast. Hit root easy gf. If not... Repulse and BACK AWAY

Int Birds: (Lilith Birds doe... :/) (Ill use an alternate dex bird approach) (12m) Repulse (if it hits back away let them waste break) (go In again) (You could repeat to Mess with them, but if not...) (12m) Break repulse (CHARGE) (10m) Root (8m) Shatter (start backing away) (10-12m) Hit em with teh blast to nuek em.

Int mages: (Voodoo's especially)
MS: 1.: (12m) Blast repulse (wait for blast to come back) (12m) Break (10m) root (8m) shatter BLAST (Gf shebe)
2.: (Alternate one) 12m Blind blast (10m) Root (8m) shatter repulse (CHARGE) Blast.
No Ms: (run at them) BREAK SHATTER BLAST (Hope they dont hit fire :/)

Dex mages: Squishier, But harder
MS: Blast Break BLind Root Repulse (Hopefully they should be dead :/
No Ms: Same as Int, But watch the auto, their auto speed is faster than int, you might have to hurry up with it.

Str Mages: (OHHHH BOY) (12m) Blind break (10m) root (8m) Shatter (10m) Blast (Close in to auto range) (These are your greatest weakness ( .-.) They'll pwn you pretty hard mostly....)

Str Birds:

Dex Bears: (If they're pro this might be hard) Repulse (TKB) (CHARGE)(10m-) Root Break shatter blast thornwall (Start autoing) Blind (Maybe) Repulse (BUT CLOSE IN AGAIN) (Watch the CB, most dex bears dont have it though.)

Str Bears: (Ooh.....) Repulse (TKB) (12m) Blind (10m) Root (10m) Shatter (8m) (RUN)! Blast (10-12m) (Spam 12m Skills from here) (Once they lay cb its all over... Dodge gone = Gf.)

Int Bears: (Same as dex, but watch out for the tankiness and wand auto at 61, may actually be a threat)

Str Birds: (Get ready for fun) (CHARGE) ROOTHORNWALLBREAKBLINDSHATTERBLASTREPULSE (Then back away)

Dex Birds: (Hehe..) (Run at them hardcore) (Random arrows at 12m) [EXCEPT BLAST]) 10m Root (They're finished) 8m Shatter/thornwall Blast 4m Auto and stick to them. Even a good (non-forg) dex bird should have trouble

Int Birds: (Woof) (Ill use annoying alt dex burd) (12M) Keep repulse kiting until they dodge/ you miss (quickly) (10m) Root (8m) Shatter (6m) Blast (4m) (AUTO DEM HARDCORE)

Int Mages:
Ms: 1: (Drain mana approach)(CHARGE) 12m Blind (Get as close as possible) break (hopefully low) repulse root wall shatter blind (should be out of mana) Blast Break shatter blind Blast. (pretty much just draining mana then finishing them off.) (Not the BEST against int mages But it works :/)
2: 12m Blast break 10m Root 8m Shatter Blind 6m Blast 4m Auto until they deadddd (gf Shebe)

Dex Mages: (Same as int, Only thing the drain mana approach works 300x better due to low regen)

Str Mages: (1/100 Beating em.. :/) Blind Break shatter blast (auto) you MIGHT kill if you're pro, if not, avoid fighting these.

INT BURDS?!?!

Same as Dex, Ill just instead add levels and gear that int burds are possible.

16 Forg staff Bird

25 Crystaline Burd

30 Brain freeze bird

35 Voodoo Bird (GOOD)

40-45 Pharaoh Gear Birds

50 Keeper/Shadow Set Bird (GOOD)

51 Mega Mage bird (GOOD)

55 Enchanted Staff Bird (GOOD)

56-60 Charmin/Nuri Bird (Eh.)

61 Lilith Bird (GOOD)

^Use this gear and follow the dex Bird strategies and you should be good
[/SIZE]
Gear:

As Continued from above Here is some recommended gear for birds.
DEX BURDS:

(1-40 Forg Is best :'(, But Ill show options)

30 Shiv Xbow (Prepare to be rushed)

35 Swamp Rat/Shiv bird

40-45 Ballista/Pharaoh Birds

50 Sent/void/cyber Birds

51 Raid roach Bird

55 Custom Birds

56-60 (Demonic or) Glpyh Birds

61 Sang Bow Bird

STR BURDS:

(1-40) Reaper is optional.

20 Bear Plat pack Bird

30 Iceberg Burd

35 Copper Burd

40-45 Plat pack is GREAT at these levels...

50 Rift/hate Set

51 Fury fighters

55 Fortified'

61 Orlok Bird.

Builds & Regen Gear :D:

Dex Burds :D:
Note: Some of these are escimation, if you have a better build (for any level) list below.

18 Arms Bird:
Gear: Lvl 5 arms, 10 Plat pack helm, 18 forg (purp for dodge)
Build: 3 Focus 3 Blast 6 Evade 1 Shatter 2 Repulse 1 Root
(I don't use my low level birds often so don't think im sup3r pro.

26 Blind Build
Gear: Lvl 15 arms, 20 Plat pack helm, 26 forg (purp for dodge) (Note: I kinda recomend 27 because of bone armor and the lack of 21 games now adays :/.)
Build: 6 Evade 6 Focus 6 Blind 2 Break 2 Blast

(Here comes the parts I actually Know xD)

30 Anti Burd Build

Gear: 30 Shiv, 27 Penguin Snow cap, 27-30 Purp/Pink forg
Build: 6 Root, 4 Focus, 6 Evade, 1 Shatter, 6 Blast, 2 Repulse 4 Break
Reasoning: Root lowers dodge 30%, This build is fun to vs Birds with, just root shatter blast and they die. Makes you seem haxor.

30 Anti Bear/Mage Build
Gear: Same as above
Build 6 Blind, 6 Focus, 6 Evade, 3 Repulse, 6 Blast, 1 Shatter, 1 Root.
Reasoning: Ez to finish off Behrs with this, Mages also. Bears: Just Repulse at 12m, then blind root shatter blast. Should be an easy kill.
Mages: If they ms blast repulse to kite, wait until blast returns, then Blind root shatter blast.

30 Balanced Build
Points All dex or Dex/str
Gear: Same as above
Build: 6 Focus 6 Evade 1 Repulse 1 Shatter 6 blast 3 Root, 1 Blind, 5 Break,
Reasoning: This build is good against every class. 3 root lowers dodge enough to give you the advantage. I find it easy to kite beckon 1 repulse, and the break pwns mages hard after I break ms. I Love this build 3:. I use it most often.

35 Bird:

35 Balanced Build (As this is actually the best at this level.)
Gear: Shivering/Swamp rat armor. (Shiv has more dodge Swamp has more armor) 35 Dex Helm
30-35 Forg (purp or pink)
Build 6 Focus 6 Evade 2 Repulse 1 Shatter 6 Blast 6 root 2 Blind 5 Break
Reasoning: (Note: Blind and Root are interchangeable depending on if you want to own Burds or bears and mages.) This build allows you to be balanced offensive and dfensive wise while still managing to have 6 of either of your best debuffs. It's a winwin.

37-40 Bird:

Balanced Build:
Gear: Level 40 Ao1 Pink helm and armor,37-40 forg.
Build: 6 Evade, 6 Focus, 6 Root, 6 Blast, 6 Break, 6 Blind, 1 Shatter 2 Repulse
Reasoning: Maxed debuffs and Blast, Lower shatter and repulse, perfect for any bird.
Take 1 off repulse, and 1 off break and blind for a 37.

.:ENTERING NON FORG TERRITORY:.

45 Bird:

Balista Burd Build:

Skills: All Dex.
Gear: 45 Pink armor and helm, 45 Pink Balista
Build: 6 Evade 6 Focus 6 Blast 6 Blind 6 Break 6Root 6Repulse 1 Shattering, 1 Thorn Wall.
Reasoning: I have no joke seen a pro balista bird beat a average 50 Full. Enough said.
Does Amazing damage, good for those on a budget, the 12m auto helps TREMENDOUSLY.

50 Bird:

Void/Sent/Cyber (1.):

Skills: All dex OR 115 str With cyber due to hax dodge.
Gear Sent/Void/Cyber Sets. (All closely related.)
Build: 6 Evade 6 Focus 6 Break 6 Blast 6 Blind 6 Root 6 Repulse 6 Shatter 1 Restore
Reasoning: The most common build. Pretty simple tbh.

Void/Sent/Cyber (2.) (More's [SPECIAL] Build.)
Note: This build in theory would be great, but I haven't tested yet :3.

Skills: All Dex.
Gear: Same as above.
Build: 6 Evade 6 Focus 6 Blast 6 Break 5 Blind 5 repulse 5 Root 1 Shatter 5 Avian 4 Thornwall
Reasoning: 5 Avian to Break Roots, 4 Thorn for 8m Range, adds two extra advantages with minimal reduction to debuffs.

51 Raid Roach Burd :D
TBh Pretty much any 51 set does the trick. Drainers for those who lyke dodge.

Skills: All dex or Str for dual specing.
Gear: Raidroach Prefered, though any set will do tbh.
Build:
1.)6 Evade 6 Focus 6 Blast 6 Root 6 Break 6 Blind 6 Repulse 6 Shatter 1 Restore
2.)6 Evade 6 Focus 6 Blast 6 Root 6 Break 5 Blind 5 Repulse 1 Shatter 5 Avian 4 Thornwall

55 Custom Burd

Skills: All dex
Gear 55 Custom (Imo Better than glyph xD)
Build.
1.) 6 Evade 6 Focus 6 Blast 6 Root 6 Break 6 Blind 6 Repulse 6 Shatter 4 Thornwall 1 Restore
2.) 6 Evade 6 Focus 6 Blast 6 Root 6 Break 6 Blind 6 Repulse 1 Shatter 5 Avian 4 Thornwall 1 Restore
Reasoning: Custom is easier than glyph. Yet if two pros fought, I think glyph would win.
It's better for a 56 to use glyph. But at 55 you can be pro with custom.

56-60 Glyph Burds
Skills: All dex
Gear: 56-60 Glyph, Demonic for 60's optional.
Build:
1.) 6 Evade 6 Focus 6 Blast 6 Root 6 Break 6 Blind 6 Repulse 6 Shatter 4 Thorn (2 Restore for 56, 1 Restore 5 Avian for 60.)
2.) 6 Evade 6 Focus 6 Blast 6 Root 6 Break 6 Blind 6 Repulse 1 Shatter 5 Avian 4 Thorn 6 Restore
Reasoning: Even though glyph burds are hard. They can be pretty fun, especially with demonic. Careful, as this is one of the hardest levels for birds.

Last, But Not least...:

61 Sang Bird...
Gear 61 Sanguine Long bow Set
Build:
1.) 6 EVERYTHING, Except 1 Restore, and 0 Meditation.
2.) 6 EVERYTHING, Except 1 Shattering and 0 Meditation.

STR BURDS :D

20-22 Reaper Bird
Skills: 62 Str Rest dex
Gear: L15 Arms, 20 Reaper, 20 Bonecage/platpack, bear platpack helm
Build: 6 evade 4 Focus 4 Blast (3-4) Blind 1 Root (0-1) Wall 1 Shatter
Reasoning: A pretty good idea, haven't seen any pros at it though. Would be pretty tanky and be good competition with forgs.

26 Reaper twice Bird:
Skills: 62 str Rest dex
Gear: (Same as above just 25 Reaper and bone cage)
Build: 6 Evade 6 Focus 6 Blind 4 Blast 1 Root 1 Wall 1 Shatter
Reasoning: Better than 20 due to 6 BLind, and very tanky, might be good to have a chunker just incase you need to kite.

Reaper thrice.:
Skills: 94str Rest dex
Gear:
1.) Iceberg with black ice sword
2.) Iceberg with reaper and hween/iceberg shield.
3.)30 Bear Plat pack
Build: 6 Evade 6 Focus 6 Blind 6 Blast 5 Root 1 Wall 1 Shatter
Reasoning: Extremely irritating as a 30 dex bird. usually root me and close in pretty quick. pretty tanky, just keep chunker in case you need to kite those mean bears.

35 Reaper Once More Bird.:
75-94 Str rest Dex
Gear:
1.) Copper Head str (Only need 75)
2.) Copper with reaper(Same)
3.) Bear Plat pack with reaper/sword( 94 str but higher damage.)
Build: 6 Evade 6 Focus 6 Blast 6 Blind 6 Root 3 Break 2 Wall 1 Shatter
Reasoning: First rank above one in wall for added range, at this level mages have the advantage, but still worth a try. Remember that blind cripples voodoos HARD.

40 Reaper... AGAIN.
Stats: 80-122 Str, Rest Dex.
Gear:
1.) Pharaoh's Set w/ reaper (80 str)
2.) 40 Bear Plat pack w/ reaper/sword (122 Str.) <-- HIGHLY RECOMENDED
6 Evade 6 Focus 6 Blast 6 Blind 6 Root 6 Break 4 Wall 1 Shatter
Reasoning:Plat pack does it again, Higher damage, and more tankiness then pharaoh's, also makes for better noob gear :D, you might lose mana fast, why it's best to keep some reg 40 armor for m/s. ALSO the begining of 4 Root, giving Wall an 8m range now:)

45: Reaper Bird.... Again. :/
Skills: 94-122 Str, Rest Dex.
Gear
1.) 45 Pinks (94 str)
2.) Bear Plat Pack with 45 Reaper (122 str)
6 Evade 6 Focus 6 Blast 6 Blind 6 Root 6 Break 5 Avian 4 Wall 1 Shatter
Reasoning: Plat packs man... Way better than 45 pink armor excluding extra str needed, Also introduces 5 avian to get out of those pesky roots. though this is the last time you'll see this pro combo. as you are now..

Entering Non Forg/Hween item Territory (Somewhat.)

YES!! While Reaper may be a little better at the lower levels, you are reaching the begining of the end of the reapers dominance :/, sorry.

50: Rift/Hate Bird:
Skills 115-Full Str, Rest, if any Dex.
Gear: Rift/hate set.
Build : 6 Evade 6 Focus 6 Blind 6 Break 6 Blast 6 Root 5 Avian 4 Wall 3 Repulse 1 Shatter
Reasoning: The opposite of a dex 50. Just charge at your opponent like a madman spamming skills and you should get a kill. ( Not Litterally of course)

51: FURY FIGHTER BURD:
SKills: 108 Str Rest Dex.
Gear: Fury Fighters Gemstone Sword set.
Build:6 Evade 6 Focus 6 Blind 6 Break 6 Blast 6 Root 5 Avian 4 Wall 3 Repulse 2 Shatter
Reasoning: Pretty Tanky Warbird, just gotta watch out for str mages, the burds worst nightmare. But Get to 4m and you should be able to beat almost anything.

55: Fortified BURD:
Skills: 120-Full Str, Rest if any, Dex.
Gear: Fortified Gemstone Set.
Build: 6 Evade 6 Focus 6 Blind 6 Break 6 Blast 6 Root 5 Avian 6 Wall 4 Shatter 3 Repulse
Reasoning: Yeah I'd watch out for this guy. AMAZING Regen. If you kite your enemy when your low, you'll be full in no time. Probably where pro warbirds shine the best.

56: Glyph Mace Bird
Skills: 128 Str, Rest Dex
Gear: SM OR BR Glyph Mace Set.
Build: 6 Evade 6 Focus 6 Blind 6 Break 6 Blast 6 Root 5 Avian 6 Wall 5 Shatter 3 Repulse.
Reasoning: Though not as much regen as a fort bird. Still MORE than enough to tank. Again, watch out for str mages, as they will pwn ju. Other then that, you'll be a very tanky avian.

61: Orlok Sword Bird.
Skills: 138 Str Rest Dex.
Gear: 61 Orlok Sword Set.
Build: 6 Evade 6 Focus 6 Blind 6 Break 6 Blast 6 Root 5 Avian 6 Wall 5 Shatter 3 Repulse. 5 Restore
Reasoning: With almost identical regen to fortified, the orlok set has the tankiness of Fort, with also the massive damage of earlier sets. This results in a pro tank that can tank down anything. With the added restore, you are almost impossible to take down quickly and sometimes require a whole TEAM to bring you down. My favorite level of warbird (Obliviously)

Int Burds

COMING SOON TO A GUIDE NEAR YOU :).

Conclusion:
I know this may seem poorly done, but this is my first guide. If you would like me to do ANY other class (as I have twinks in all classes) Please vote below, the class with the most votes will be the topic of my next guide. Thanks for reading,

-Moaravian

P.S This guide is meant for new players to the bird character. Ik it may not be perfect, but please refrain from flaming me or anyone else over their opinions, Thanks :D.

Gragorak
08-07-2013, 09:39 AM
Buggy AF, not only this, but the health recovered in minuscule. Like meditation, if you use this you will automatically be called a nub and rushed. Not a good start to your pvp career.
You won't be called nub if you use restore, in fact I haven't seen any lvl 61 bird that doesn't use it. And actually many of them have it maxed.

Btw, avian scream's main use is that it has a certain chance to free you from freezes/roots/stuns (lvl 1: 0%, lvl 2: ~20%, lvl 3: ~40%, lvl 4: ~80%, lvl 5+: 100%). You might want to include this in it's description.

ThePvpTwink
08-07-2013, 09:43 AM
Hmm IMO restore should be up at 8...one of the Important skills due to the +5 health regen and in endgame restore can heal birds by 120 health.

And remember that many mages kite, starting off with firestorm at 12m

floats
08-07-2013, 10:33 AM
Nice guide avish :3

I recommend putting regening gear options for every lvl, it would probably help a lot if your in a low situation
Maybe your lazy but you can give up your current build ;) cough cough and give general builds for different lvls
Voodoo birds sucked. At the area of 30-37s forgotten staff is much better n deadlier
Also plz don't put my face at restore, put it in root ;)

Keep up the good work :D

MorewizardForums
08-07-2013, 01:20 PM
You won't be called nub if you use restore, in fact I haven't seen any lvl 61 bird that doesn't use it. And actually many of them have it maxed.

Btw, avian scream's main use is that it has a certain chance to free you from freezes/roots/stuns (lvl 1: 0%, lvl 2: ~20%, lvl 3: ~40%, lvl 4: ~80%, lvl 5+: 100%). You might want to include this in it's description.

Your right, completely forgot about that, Ill add

Oh, and I meant for lower levels, totally forgot this was 1-61, Ill add the low level part.

Hmm IMO restore should be up at 8...one of the Important skills due to the +5 health regen and in endgame restore can heal birds by 120 health.

And remember that many mages kite, starting off with firestorm at 12m

I do that myself, but you can't help that. I remember saying something about hoping you dodge, but if fire hits there's nothing you can do, as root has only a 10m range.
And this guide is excluding endgame, as from what I've heard it's just root blast gf. Though as grag said, restore isn't that bad at higher levels.

Nice guide avish :3

I recommend putting regening gear options for every lvl, it would probably help a lot if your in a low situation
Maybe your lazy but you can give up your current build ;) cough cough and give general builds for different lvls
Voodoo birds sucked. At the area of 30-37s forgotten staff is much better n deadlier
Also plz don't put my face at restore, put it in root ;)

Keep up the good work :D

Im keeping it, Logic:

Floats = Wers

Restore = wers

Therefore, Floats=Restore.

On a serious note, I'll add a build section a little bit later, and Regen gear along with the builds/gear. Thanks for the idea

AND WHY IS NOBODY VOTING FOR MI NEXT GUIDE. If noone votes Ill just do rhinos, as I don't see any anymore besides me and nae ;(

AND I'm trying to keep it forgotten free. As forgs would obliviously be the best, I was just listing alternate options :(. Int burd is just a harder dex burd anyway, except it doesn't run out of manaz.

Trenton
08-07-2013, 01:32 PM
I think its a good guide, and I'd love to see more! :D Anyways, a few things I noticed:

Intelligence birds: I believe Lilith L61 Birds have a good chance, but other than that, no. You also said nerdy birdies have a good shot against warbirds? I know it may be just the level that I do, but at L71+ my warbird doesn't even have to buff to kill buffed int birds. I'm not sure about lower levels, but when I did L56 intbird was OK, but couldn't ever touch my warbird.

Warbirds: You said warbirds have trouble against full int mages and int birds. Once again the nerdy birdies have no chance, and full int mages are actually decently easy. Bears surprisingly enough at L71 are my biggest problem. I'm not sure if the bears are just "op," but its doubtful. Str bears are a 50/50 and I have NO chance against dex behrs.

If I find anything else I might wanna say I'll edit, anyways nice guide xD

And I actually vote behr for your next guide.

MorewizardForums
08-07-2013, 01:52 PM
I think its a good guide, and I'd love to see more! :D Anyways, a few things I noticed:

Intelligence birds: I believe Lilith L61 Birds have a good chance, but other than that, no. You also said nerdy birdies have a good shot against warbirds? I know it may be just the level that I do, but at L71+ my warbird doesn't even have to buff to kill buffed int birds. I'm not sure about lower levels, but when I did L56 intbird was OK, but couldn't ever touch my warbird.

Warbirds: You said warbirds have trouble against full int mages and int birds. Once again the nerdy birdies have no chance, and full int mages are actually decently easy. Bears surprisingly enough at L71 are my biggest problem. I'm not sure if the bears are just "op," but its doubtful. Str bears are a 50/50 and I have NO chance against dex behrs.

If I find anything else I might wanna say I'll edit, anyways nice guide xD

And I actually vote behr for your next guide.

TBH, I was just estimating about int birds. I made one with a forg staff and it was half decent, but I'm guessing that at higher levels it's not as good. Also, this guide is pretty much for 1-61(or 65 I guess), because past that dex/str birds dominate with 9 blast and 9 evade. Though I didn't think that bears were a war birds highest concern, I might tweak it a little bit based on that. Anyway thanks for your vote, so far it's
Rhino: 1 (mine :3)
Bear: 1
Mage: 0
Vix: 0

XghostzX
08-07-2013, 04:21 PM
Nice guide! You put a lot of time into this, as I have a 69 bird in progress. I'll be happy to level it to 75 - thanks, again.

MorewizardForums
08-07-2013, 05:08 PM
Nice guide! You put a lot of time into this, as I have a 69 bird in progress. I'll be happy to level it to 75 - thanks, again.

Eh... 66+ pvp is pretty much pure luck for birds.However, if you have any sets/holiday items I'd be happy to supply a build and spec for levels 65-. Though honestly anything past that you could win with just 9 root 9 evade 9 focus 9 blast.

MorewizardForums
08-07-2013, 05:41 PM
Update: Just finished builds for dex, ill do str soon, but if you have any Special requests for any level/type/gear just ask and I'll answer.

nun
08-07-2013, 05:47 PM
nice guid us nuns suport!

MorewizardForums
08-07-2013, 06:17 PM
nice guid us nuns suport!

Thenks alot that means the werld to me.

Though, can anyone PLEASE vote on my next guide. Ghost, Nun, floats, just tell meh. :(

MorewizardForums
08-07-2013, 08:11 PM
UPDATE: Just finished the str Builds Part, Ill do Int tomorow, thanks for the support guys :D.

Chickenrunnn
08-07-2013, 08:33 PM
Cool guild :)

Just some remarks tho ^^

Dex birds aren't very good against int mages, but are better against pallies I think. (You said the inverse in the weakness stuff)

Indeed, a bird with maxed blind and evasion, just has to blind the Pally, and the fight is won. (He will keep missing skills, and you'll dodge his non-missed skill :'D).

_____

Nice guide anyway ^+^

XghostzX
08-07-2013, 11:52 PM
Eh... 66+ pvp is pretty much pure luck for birds.However, if you have any sets/holiday items I'd be happy to supply a build and spec for levels 65-. Though honestly anything past that you could win with just 9 root 9 evade 9 focus 9 blast.

Yeah, I figured. But you took a lot of time making this guide it seems, so good work!

MorewizardForums
08-08-2013, 08:00 AM
Cool guild :)

Just some remarks tho ^^

Dex birds aren't very good against int mages, but are better against pallies I think. (You said the inverse in the weakness stuff)

Indeed, a bird with maxed blind and evasion, just has to blind the Pally, and the fight is won. (He will keep missing skills, and you'll dodge his non-missed skill :'D).

_____

Nice guide anyway ^+^

Thanks Chickie:D, But the weakness part was hard to perfect. At some levels (especially high ones), The blind might work on a mostly str mage, but at the levels where hit% is pretty high. (Rift Str/Int Mage) It won't make much of a difference. I have trouble beating pallies at some levels while at others they are pretty easy. it just depends on the gear for that level.

Yeah, I figured. But you took a lot of time making this guide it seems, so good work!

Thanks :D. If you really do Want I guess *one of the few* 75-76 Builds Im guessing it would be like:
9 Evade 9 Focus 9 Root 9 Break 9 Blind 9 Blast 7 Repulse 8 Restore 4 Wall 1 Shatter

Oh and I forgot, I'll finish int bird's after work :3.

Spyce
08-08-2013, 08:37 AM
Nice guide!

floats
08-08-2013, 09:16 AM
Awesome! Well done avish :D

Thumbs up fo the nerd I mean pro.

Now I can try 61 ;)...

dudetus
08-08-2013, 10:00 AM

Then riddle me why the best birds can still outmatch everyone else most of the time at end game? They are just constantly luckier than most of players?

Can't say frankly anything about the guide as it is a twinking guide for birds (which should have been mentioned in thread title). But listing Evade as the best Bird skill is quite saddening in general.

MorewizardForums
08-08-2013, 10:49 AM

Then riddle me why the best birds can still outmatch everyone else most of the time at end game? They are just constantly luckier than most of players?

Can't say frankly anything about the guide as it is a twinking guide for birds (which should have been mentioned in thread title). But listing Evade as the best Bird skill is quite saddening in general.

Riddle me why pro birds at the last cap get beaten my lucky newcomers At 76.

I never said endgame takes NO skill. Just luck/dodge plays a larger factor.

I don't get how evade as no. 1 is saddening. Idk if you use any birds w/o evade. But evade helps dex burds tremendously.

I think "Pvp" in the title is self explanitory.

Excluding all of that, this is my first guide, but im not NEW to pl by any standards. So please dont come on my guide to flame me. Criticism is alright. But try doing it like chicken or others, As I spent hours on this.

Thanks.

dudetus
08-08-2013, 03:05 PM
Riddle me why pro birds at the last cap get beaten my lucky newcomers At 76.

I never said endgame takes NO skill. Just luck/dodge plays a larger factor.

I don't get how evade as no. 1 is saddening. Idk if you use any birds w/o evade. But evade helps dex burds tremendously.

I think "Pvp" in the title is self explanitory.

Excluding all of that, this is my first guide, but im not NEW to pl by any standards. So please dont come on my guide to flame me. Criticism is alright. But try doing it like chicken or others, As I spent hours on this.

Thanks.

Yes, a newcomer can win an old veteran in a 1v1 situation but especially in ctf the skill is still the determining factor in end game. I couldn't comment about the guide itself as I am not a twinker. I only play end game. By ur guide I can tell that u r not an end gamer. End game bird is more familiar to me than to u and I am just personally annoyed when ppl say "end game is just pure luck".

The Evasion then... It wasn't specifically an "insult" towards u or to ur guide, it was an alltogether observation how ppl these days value Evasion over everything on bird. The mentality has changed that's all.

And about "plz dont post if u dont praise my work, i spent hours making it", just come on. Just because u have done a big amount of work for something, it doesn't mean we should automatically praise it. I said my opinions, nothing was related directly towards ur guide and still u went all defence mode towards me.

MorewizardForums
08-08-2013, 06:48 PM
Yes, a newcomer can win an old veteran in a 1v1 situation but especially in ctf the skill is still the determining factor in end game. I couldn't comment about the guide itself as I am not a twinker. I only play end game. By ur guide I can tell that u r not an end gamer. End game bird is more familiar to me than to u and I am just personally annoyed when ppl say "end game is just pure luck".

The Evasion then... It wasn't specifically an "insult" towards u or to ur guide, it was an alltogether observation how ppl these days value Evasion over everything on bird. The mentality has changed that's all.

And about "plz dont post if u dont praise my work, i spent hours making it", just come on. Just because u have done a big amount of work for something, it doesn't mean we should automatically praise it. I said my opinions, nothing was related directly towards ur guide and still u went all defence mode towards me.

Again I never said engame was pure luck, just that it seems like luck plays a bigger factor than twinking/past caps.

Also, I don't value evade over eveything. If I had a choice between maxed evade, or 1 shatter 5 Blast I'd probably choose the latter, yet as a whole it's better to have 6 evade than 0 imo, As without it drain fire at any level would be an insta kill.

I don't expect you to praise my work, I just don't expect you to attack my guide over your own personal opinions. When I clearly stated in my guide that I don't want people outright flaming me over my opinions. Constructive criticism is fine, picking apart my guide and discrediting it isn't. And, as I had spent time on it, I only went defense mode on you because I felt like I had to protect my guide from the evil dudetus's flaming.

I don't mind if you say "I don't think endgame is pure luck, I don't think evade is THAT important, and you should include twinking in the title." But using words and phrases such as "saddening" and "Riddle me" makes me feel you're attacking me and my guide personally, instead of just criticizing it.

Perf
08-09-2013, 02:39 PM
Again I never said engame was pure luck, just that it seems like luck plays a bigger factor than twinking/past caps.

Also, I don't value evade over eveything. If I had a choice between maxed evade, or 1 shatter 5 Blast I'd probably choose the latter, yet as a whole it's better to have 6 evade than 0 imo, As without it drain fire at any level would be an insta kill.

I don't expect you to praise my work, I just don't expect you to attack my guide over your own personal opinions. When I clearly stated in my guide that I don't want people outright flaming me over my opinions. Constructive criticism is fine, picking apart my guide and discrediting it isn't. And, as I had spent time on it, I only went defense mode on you because I felt like I had to protect my guide from the evil dudetus's flaming.

I don't mind if you say "I don't think endgame is pure luck, I don't think evade is THAT important, and you should include twinking in the title." But using words and phrases such as "saddening" and "Riddle me" makes me feel you're attacking me and my guide personally, instead of just criticizing it.

Lol. You should know no other than an endgamer knows everything about it's class. He isn't attacking you either.. I bet calling him an evil flamer is worse. Wouldn't be smart to argue with an experienced endgame bird about bird pvp as a twinker.

XghostzX
08-09-2013, 04:07 PM
I think we need to be considerate and sensitive regardless of what people say on forums - because people can easily take something offensive through text when the writer may just think it's sarcasm. Vice versa too, that the writer should be conscious of what he/she writes. Hoorraayyy, world peace.

Waug
08-10-2013, 06:14 AM
I personally would not recomend somone's guide, who say L66+ bird pvp is pure luck instead of having several good points and few weak points also in this guide.

There are so many myths, for few, the bird class is total luck based.

Sometime peoples just follow trends blindly just for example a l76 mage called birds r op, when I killed him with a 10lvl lower bird, only cuz this term is common that birds are op at endgame, funny I was op with a l66 sun god set.

There are few lvls (lower) where mages crit is less than 100% buffed, if they don't crit their chance is narrow, what would you say they don't depand on luck? Bears are most dodgy, y their pvp is not lucky then?

these are not the fact that make pvp so called luck based, rather knowing these facts and act accordingly is decent pvp.

Birds is the most fragile class (no not int mages, at many lvls they can be consider as semi-tank, due to high heal and ms) dodge is just a deffese mechanism for the weak class.

Unbalanced fact is not that why bird or someone dodge something that is not pure luck either, that is well calculated luck that devs added to act like that way,

The problem is that Extra op dodge, that should be balanced.

Again if you play L66+ PVP in a way dat u dodged becon or drain otherwise ur dead, I.e pure luck for you than seriously u need to learn many more things about birds and higher level pvp.

DivineMoustache
08-10-2013, 07:28 PM
gasp what if some people...are just luckier than others? O.o!
Anyway, I think most people are getting being overpowered and lucky mixed up. Lucky means that things that have less chance of occurring, occur more often for you. So if you wanna get technical, dodges at 49% dodge are lucky, because you have a higher chance of not dodging than dodging. However, I'd say a common sense borderline would be 65%-35%. Anyway, since at endgame it appears you have more than 60-70% dodge, I'd say it's rather not being LUCKY as it is being OVERPOWERED and IMBALANCED, ya see.

And lol @ LegendFB, it is not well calculated luck for devs to add a random 50%+ dodge rate that lasts as long as it does. It's being lazy and continually just adding stats to items and skills to points without understanding the outcomes.

Take Fbows, (I hate to bring it into the conversation but it is something I know well.) The devs certainly did not seem to take into account that hit% means a lot in twinking when they added the blinding shot proc.

DivineMoustache
08-10-2013, 07:31 PM
Sorry I did not completely comprehend your posts, I just saw that you wanted to remove extra op dodge. Yeah, but that would take a lot of extra op dodge off. Since dodge is not a skill based factor in this game and is just a roll of dice basically, the percentages for crit, dodge should be no higher than...40%, 50%. Whatever.

Let's face it: the game need a major re-balance and I think part of the reason devs are holding back is because of the presumed backlash from any change from the forum community, which makes up little part of the game community.

Fortal123
08-15-2013, 06:17 AM

Hehehe 69. I mean we're all mature, so... AHAHA nevermind 69. Keep it at that level, it's not really fu... AHAHA 69 really. Look at that.

Fortal123
08-15-2013, 06:22 AM
I personally would not recomend somone's guide, who say L66+ bird pvp is pure luck instead of having several good points and few weak points also in this guide.

There are so many myths, for few, the bird class is total luck based.

Sometime peoples just follow trends blindly just for example a l76 mage called birds r op, when I killed him with a 10lvl lower bird, only cuz this term is common that birds are op at endgame, funny I was op with a l66 sun god set.

There are few lvls (lower) where mages crit is less than 100% buffed, if they don't crit their chance is narrow, what would you say they don't depand on luck? Bears are most dodgy, y their pvp is not lucky then?

these are not the fact that make pvp so called luck based, rather knowing these facts and act accordingly is decent pvp.

Birds is the most fragile class (no not int mages, at many lvls they can be consider as semi-tank, due to high heal and ms) dodge is just a deffese mechanism for the weak class.

Unbalanced fact is not that why bird or someone dodge something that is not pure luck either, that is well calculated luck that devs added to act like that way,

The problem is that Extra op dodge, that should be balanced.

Again if you play L66+ PVP in a way dat u dodged becon or drain otherwise ur dead, I.e pure luck for you than seriously u need to learn many more things about birds and higher level pvp.

I believe birds are considered pure luck because bird vs. bird looks like Blast gf! ahaha you're a noob I owned you with my 500 blast and 300 auto attack. Whileas if you play bear vs. mage/bird, even though you hit the bear, at least lower levels (50-65), he can still recover, so can mage if he manages to escape the bear. Only birds with their +-50 dodge are either killed on 2 hits or have (possibly) 10 dodge spree. It's quire hard to explain, but do you at least roughly get my point?

Revealing
08-15-2013, 09:22 AM
Nice guide

Caiahar
08-18-2013, 11:36 AM
Gj MOARPLZAVIAN. I vote for Mage/bear. I'm making rhinos guide probably.