PDA

View Full Version : Guide to XP Elixir Stacking

Fusionstrike
08-07-2013, 01:01 PM
The topic of how XP elixirs stack comes up regularly, so I collected the information in one place to help make it easier to understand. It's not intuitive, and there are a lot of possible modifiers you could have applying to you, so it's a complex topic.

Reference
First, there's a thread from TechnoEmail that's the basis for how to do elixir stacking math. Here's the thread for reference:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?83291-How-elixirs-stack-with-double-XP-weekend&highlight=Elixirs+stack

XP Modifier Slots
The first thing is to understand what all the XP modifiers are. There are four "slots" for XP modifiers, and they can be active in any combination. The slots are:

Purchased elixir - XP modifiers you buy, like thrasher, loco, etc. (also includes 5 min free daily elixir from Vinnie)
Week-long double XP - a special elixir you can buy that goes in its own slot, not the "regular" purchased elixir slot
Daily blessing elixir - the free bonus elixir you get from daily blessing
Double XP weekend - a promotion STS runs once in a while that doubles the XP you earn

Combining XP Modifiers
The trick about combining XP modifiers is that the first three slots add together. These modifiers are implemented to add to the base XP that is earned, so for example x4 is really adding 3 to the “base” 1 XP you normally get, but you only get to add the base XP once. After doing the addition for all applicable bonuses, the double XP weekend is applied (if active) as a true x2 factor. Confused yet? Here’s a picture showing the process with the maximum bonus for each slot:

XP Modifier Examples
Here are some examples of some typical XP modifier stacking scenarios.

3x Combo and 4x Loco Playa’s = 2 + 3 = 5 bonus + 1 base = 6 XP
1.25 Combo and week-long double = 0.25 + 1 = 1.25 bonus + 1 base = 2.25 XP
1.5 Combo and double XP weekend = 0.5 bonus + 1 base = 1.5 x 2 = 3 XP
3x Wicked Playa and week-long double and double XP weekend = 2 + 1 = 3 bonus + 1 base = 4 x 2 = 8 XP
1.25 Combo and 4x Thrasher and week-long double = 0.25 + 3 + 1 = 4.25 bonus + 1 base = 5.25 XP

Hopefully this helps clear up how XP modifiers combine to affect the total XP earned. Happy XP stacking!

NECROREAPER
08-07-2013, 01:17 PM
Awesome and much needed guide, one of the few that hasn't been done yet. Excellent job!

Oldcoot
08-07-2013, 01:18 PM
Good one, this has been needed for awhile

razerfingers
08-07-2013, 01:19 PM
Ooo nice!

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

DocDoBig
08-07-2013, 02:51 PM
Excellent! I like the chart.

If I may add something, the full party XP bonus which brings 30% could be relevant in some calculations.
But I believe in the end it would be 14,3x (if not even only 14x).

Suentous PO
08-07-2013, 03:19 PM
Excellent! I like the chart.

If I may add something, the full party XP bonus which brings 30% could be relevant in some calculations.
But I believe in the end it would be 14,3x (if not even only 14x).

Is there a full party bonus for aything anymore? Used to be, but last i heard it was gone.

DocDoBig
08-07-2013, 03:23 PM
Is there a full party bonus for aything anymore? Used to be, but last i heard it was gone.

Really? Would be depressing if so.

Fusionstrike
08-07-2013, 11:41 PM

Really? Would be depressing if so.

I'm not sure if there is or not, but I have noticed that the "danger indicator" color circle for mobs gets "more dangerous" with full parties. That is, if I'm seeing white with only two or three in party, then it will sometimes turn yellow when the fourth or fifth join. So the xp earned gets higher with more players, which is similar to a full party bonus. I haven't been able to pin down the pattern of when it happens to describe it exactly, but I do see it often enough that I think there's definitely something going on.

DocDoBig
08-08-2013, 05:15 AM
I'm not sure if there is or not, but I have noticed that the "danger indicator" color circle for mobs gets "more dangerous" with full parties. That is, if I'm seeing white with only two or three in party, then it will sometimes turn yellow when the fourth or fifth join. So the xp earned gets higher with more players, which is similar to a full party bonus. I haven't been able to pin down the pattern of when it happens to describe it exactly, but I do see it often enough that I think there's definitely something going on.

Ah the threat level.
Really nice observation, never noticed that.

I will check if I can write down my analyses of them later.

Whirlzap
08-08-2013, 04:24 PM
Ah the threat level.
Really nice observation, never noticed that.

I will check if I can write down my analyses of them later.

W-wut.
Did you just talk like a doctor?!

Extreme
08-09-2013, 03:23 AM
GJ!

Thrall Wire
09-02-2013, 12:53 PM
i think this is one of most need guys here! +1`