PDA

View Full Version : Raise Elite Level to 77

FluffNStuff
08-07-2013, 03:17 PM
This may have been suggested ad nauseum, but if it has then just tack this on to the list of people in favor. So my suggestion, in short, is to simply have the Elite Level Cap raised to 77, have it require 100,000 XP , and ... well, that's it. Seems odd, so let me explain my reasoning, starting with some dates.
10/18/12 - This is when the Rings of Valiance and the Ring of Glory came out.
11/21/12 - This is when the Dragon Vanities were turned created, and the Ring of Glory could be crafted with them.
08/07/13 - Today, FluffNStuff is posting another Fluff thread.

So we have:
293 Days: Players with One Elite Vanity that had Zero chance at a Ring.
293 Days: Players with Two Elite Vanities that had Zero Chance at the Ring of Glory.
259 Days: Players with Two Elite Vanities that had Zero Chance at Crafting the Dragon Ring.

I do understand that PL is a fully functioning game with 76 levels. I also recognize that with the number of games STG produces, resources have to be allocated based on an expected rate of return. Creating an entire new area with completely new items and balance might not be a realistic expectation at the present time, especially considering the limitations on PL. I do appreciate that resources are being put to work enhancing the levels we have with the new vanities and weapons (The fact that they are specifically based on older items tells me the game has pretty much hit its limit for new objects).
Now, a level cap raise does not just mean new items and areas, but also the chance at the new Elite Vanity. This system was put in place where (mostly plat paying) players obtained these vanities with the expectation that they would be able to complete the sets. The way the game currently is, these players are left hanging and the game is incomplete to them. I want to ensure that if the resources are not there for full expansions, then there will be some way to handle the Elite Vanity issue.
Now, perhaps raising the Elite Level cap to 77 is not the right idea. How long will that help? What about the level cap at 76? Another idea is to release an Elite Quest every so often and the reward would an Elite Vanity. This way you could change the Quest/ Vanity(Rotate between Armor/Helm) over time if you are looking for a longer term solution. As to the exact solution, well ... that I don't know, but I do know there needs to be A solution.

wvhills
08-07-2013, 03:23 PM
solution: just play AL
waka waka

Chickenrunnn
08-07-2013, 08:37 PM
Yeah a lvl77 with 1m xp to get would be nice. It would busy us some moar the time 81 cap comes out :]

Whirlzap
08-09-2013, 10:44 AM
Yeah a lvl77 with 1m xp to get would be nice. It would busy us some moar the time 81 cap comes out :]

Nice joke.
I'm afraid some of us would quit the game/lose hope in STS before cashing in our entire wallet or losing a whole month of our lives.

Chickenrunnn
08-10-2013, 02:47 PM
Nice joke.
I'm afraid some of us would quit the game/lose hope in STS before cashing in our entire wallet or losing a whole month of our lives.

It was ironical.
What about the "nice joke" ?:O

kcimythgim
08-10-2013, 07:09 PM
If STG decided to not release another cap for a while, I would rather have a preview of the next cap with a big quest like the ichor quest than a 77 cap. An exclusive quest reward would be cooler than another cap vanity Imo.

FluffNStuff
08-14-2013, 07:50 PM
If STG decided to not release another cap for a while, I would rather have a preview of the next cap with a big quest like the ichor quest than a 77 cap. An exclusive quest reward would be cooler than another cap vanity Imo.

The idea would be a Vanity Chest, since that is next in line. Do you already have an Elite Vanity Chest, and that is reason you would not be interested, or are you not interested in the Elite Rings/ Dragon Rings?

CrimsonTider
08-14-2013, 08:11 PM
The idea would be a Vanity Chest, since that is next in line. Do you already have an Elite Vanity Chest, and that is reason you would not be interested, or are you not interested in the Elite Rings/ Dragon Rings?

Don't know if you saw or not, but Justg just closed a thread stating there is no level cap "on the horizon." Stated BD is now running and AL is getting another cap soon.

Frankly, I am tired of waiting and glad he finally gave me the last piece to my decision puzzle. Lesson learned on having faith in a gaming company to actually care about it's community and big money supporters.

Oldcoot
08-14-2013, 08:23 PM
I'm with you crim

Schnitzel
08-15-2013, 12:36 AM

Don't know if you saw or not, but Justg just closed a thread stating there is no level cap "on the horizon." Stated BD is now running and AL is getting another cap soon.

Frankly, I am tired of waiting and glad he finally gave me the last piece to my decision puzzle. Lesson learned on having faith in a gaming company to actually care about it's community and big money supporters.
What's he mean "on the horizon"?

Chickenrunnn
08-15-2013, 03:18 AM
What's he mean "on the horizon"?

6 months +

FluffNStuff
08-15-2013, 05:24 PM

I was expecting as much which is the point of this thread. We aren't getting the big update so we should at least not have to wait another half year to complete the Elite/ Dragon rings.

Oldcoot
08-15-2013, 05:39 PM
I do like the idea tho, the extra grind to get that one more level is what I considered elite. Now with the long wait everyone is a 76

Cheenivie
08-16-2013, 12:33 AM
Its worst then fang... guilds with 300capped players is insane.