PDA

View Full Version : Question about scaming to devs...

Totallymad
08-07-2013, 10:49 PM
I guess that will help scammed people.

Can you please tell if scammers are still banned by Spacetime and what is a procedure of proving that you been scammed?

I mean do players need to send some screenshots to support? Because i see scammed people regularly and they all think that spacetime wont do anything to help them because they have no screenshots of scamming deals etc... I know that scam is a thing of trust or inattention for victim but do I need somehow prove that I been scammed or like a song says: Nobody cares?

Anyanka
08-11-2013, 02:40 PM
Hey tot I made a similar thread here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?95928-Scamming-in-DL-and-STS-Policy

STS didnt reply there so I dont expect them to reply here.

Meanwhile more people will keep getting scammed by the same scammers.

I wonder what the policy is too especially since I keep hearing of people getting scammed by the same person lol.

ChilledBlood
08-12-2013, 02:05 PM
The situation with STS staff not banning people for "scamming" are for a few reasons (Note: These are not official reasons, just educated guesses)

One- The word "scammer" gets thrown around a lot and in different contexts. Some people considered being asked to pay a price they are not willing to pay as "being scammed", while that is dirty, that is not particularly the traditional definition. If you are not sure something is "worth" what the asking price is, get educated and compare before buying. Its like Ebay/Craigslist, you pay what they want or you wait until another deal comes. Scamming by their definition is asking people to pay actual currency for things (Like with Paypal)

Two- A lot of the time its just Hear/say and there is no physical evidence. I can easily say you scammed me for some reason, is it true? no of course not but there is nothing suggesting it isnt. Without hard evidence like screenshots or conversation logs they have to go with the benefit of the doubt.

Three- There are only so many safeguards that can be done to prevent it. There is already two or three confirmation screens! I dont care how excited you might be to be offered some relic item or rare vanity for a cheap price and you want to make the deal before they change their minds, if its too good to be true it probably is, so look carefully.

Just my thoughts.

Anyanka
08-13-2013, 01:31 PM
The situation with STS staff not banning people for "scamming" are for a few reasons (Note: These are not official reasons, just educated guesses)

One- The word "scammer" gets thrown around a lot and in different contexts. Some people considered being asked to pay a price they are not willing to pay as "being scammed", while that is dirty, that is not particularly the traditional definition. If you are not sure something is "worth" what the asking price is, get educated and compare before buying. Its like Ebay/Craigslist, you pay what they want or you wait until another deal comes. Scamming by their definition is asking people to pay actual currency for things (Like with Paypal)

Two- A lot of the time its just Hear/say and there is no physical evidence. I can easily say you scammed me for some reason, is it true? no of course not but there is nothing suggesting it isnt. Without hard evidence like screenshots or conversation logs they have to go with the benefit of the doubt.

Three- There are only so many safeguards that can be done to prevent it. There is already two or three confirmation screens! I dont care how excited you might be to be offered some relic item or rare vanity for a cheap price and you want to make the deal before they change their minds, if its too good to be true it probably is, so look carefully.

Just my thoughts.

I agree with your points however:

when the SAME person is either reported in game or in forums or in support for scamming by many different people then something is going on and sts should do something about it. That's all.

Otherwise it looks like the company doesn't really care and allows scammers to keep doing what they are doing without consequence.

ChilledBlood
08-14-2013, 05:57 AM
I hear you and I know there are people who prey on the easily swayed, but its hard for the devs to make a move without being absolutely sure there will be no backlash and bad press for any wrongful bannings.

Sunneedae
08-18-2013, 01:38 PM
I hear you and I know there are people who prey on the easily swayed, but its hard for the devs to make a move without being absolutely sure there will be no backlash and bad press for any wrongful bannings.

I hope nobody goes running to CNN about their online Vampire getting banned!!
~Sunneedae

ChilledBlood
08-18-2013, 01:58 PM
While your sarcasm is noted, you cant deny that people love to complain and do so loudly, literally and figuratively.
There are also people who do treat complainers as a herald.

Sunneedae
08-18-2013, 03:33 PM
While your sarcasm is noted, you cant deny that people love to complain and do so loudly, literally and figuratively.
There are also people who do treat complainers as a herald.

Yay!! Sarcasm noted!!
~Sunneedae

P.s. I deny it!!

Contravention
12-14-2013, 09:43 PM
You can report a lot of time unless you get like 30 people to report one person on the same day I don't think sts looks at those reports unless a whole lot of people be spamming reports