PDA

View Full Version : Scammed by XXXKETZXXX today.

Wonderjuice
10-27-2010, 11:55 AM
Reporting Scammer,

TO pocket legend team,

Hello, I was really upset today because I was scammed by a guy, called XXXKETZXXX.
He offered to buy my items, Jabob helm rift and Force Kite Shield of Rift, and I went into trade window.
He showed me 200,000 for my items, and I put my items, and he confirmed the price. I looked carefully, it was 200,000.
Then, suddenly, he showed another item (cosmos overlord helm) and asked questions about my items. Distracted my attention enough.
Then, he removed his item and clicked confirmed. So, I confirmed the transaction.
But I realized seconds later, he changed his money to 20,000 instead of 200,000. I received only 20,000.
I asked him to give more 180,000, but he didn't.
Several people including TSSROSALKA were scammed on the spot within five minutes.
Of course, people were upset so much.

Please, ban him and return my items.
There was an oral agreement between him and I, and he broke it.
People will be harmed and hurt because of him.
I would appreciate it.

I attached some photos, too. Thanks.

Magicjuice
http://www.flickr.com/photos/55222457@N06/5121162806/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/55222457@N06/5121162820/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/55222457@N06/5120559185/

Royce
10-27-2010, 12:00 PM
All reports of in game activity need to be sent, with screenshots, to support[AT]spacetimestudios.com
Unfortunately this is a fairly common scam, made viable by the tiny size of the text for gold in the trade window, and the fact that there are no commas (it would be much easier to tell 200,000 apart from 20,000 than it is to tell 200000 from 20000).

KingFu
10-27-2010, 12:03 PM
Sadly, this happens a good ammount. Please E-mail Support@spacetimestudios.com.

For future note, please don't post the same thread more than once:)

asommers
10-27-2010, 12:04 PM
I don't think commas are the problem. I think the user is confused that the confirmation is not for what they're putting up for sale, but for confirming acceptance of the other person's items.

-ALS

FluffNStuff
10-27-2010, 12:15 PM
I don't think commas are the problem. I think the user is confused that the confirmation is not for what they're putting up for sale, but for confirming acceptance of the other person's items.

-ALS

That is true in some cases, but on the iPhone / iPod it can be an issue telling the price they are putting in, and commas would greatly help.

foru
10-27-2010, 12:25 PM
yes, xxxketzxxx did it to me too.

KingFu
10-27-2010, 12:26 PM
yes, xxxketzxxx did it to me too.

What'd he trick you out of? Just curious:)

foru
10-27-2010, 12:48 PM
frog hat and voodoo master robe.

Hayabusaz
10-27-2010, 01:18 PM
Agreed , BUT 200k For Both .. You Riped Yourself ..

Just Telling .. :-T

Jespo
10-27-2010, 01:19 PM
Wow I can't believe people still fall for this... I feel like I have discussed this enough times for people to get it. be more observative of what your doing. I always look at the 0s to make sure that's the money I want. Not to long ago maybe 5-10 minutes I sold something for 120k and they could have tried to play me but I always count them tricky little 0s and I feel like if people (our pl community in general) should be careful about you transactions. I realy hope I don't have to go over this again..

Ps. I am sorry for your loss but just pay more attention

BurnYugo
10-27-2010, 01:22 PM
I'm asking myself what you would have done if he gave you 2m bu mystake.....
I tryed that with a lot of sellers, i put one more 0, and no one told me i made a mystake.
I'm sorry for you, but it is your fault, and there is no reason that guy must be banned, even if he is an idiot.

Wonderjuice
10-27-2010, 01:30 PM
Why is it my fault?

The oral agreement is made before money is transferred.
Even if I got the wrong money, he has to correct it.
Who said the money should be transferred in one time.

Contract and oral agreement is binding.

If you were not that scammer, don't say that.
In real life, that's jail time.

Hayabusaz
10-27-2010, 02:07 PM
What I Do Everytime Is :

Me : Buying Plasma Sword
Seller : Ok , I'll Sell For 200k
Me : Ok

In Trade :

I Put 199,99k To See Exactly The Numbers , Do The Same If YOU Are The Seller , Ask The Buyer To Do This !

Hopes That Helped ;-)

Wonderjuice
10-27-2010, 02:13 PM
rykiellau just reported he was scammed by him, too.

Jespo
10-27-2010, 02:19 PM
wow i thought my post would have done something but i guess you guys wouldnt like help...my post seems to make sense to me

Wonderjuice
10-27-2010, 02:23 PM
zappyduck said he was almost scammed yesterday.

Wonderjuice
10-27-2010, 02:25 PM
hwakzombie just said he took his alien blaster. His scam is so fast and unnoticeable. Ban him!

Jespo
10-27-2010, 02:30 PM
lol maybe to you its "unnoticable" but just OPEN YOUR EYES LIKE THIS O.0 and im sure you wont get scammed no more. just pay attention when making transactions

Wonderjuice
10-27-2010, 02:33 PM
Ban him! So many people were hurt today. Why do you support scammers?
If it were ok, I would start scamming from now on. Trust between sellers and buyers are just collapsed.

Jespo
10-27-2010, 02:39 PM
I never said i support them. They are bad and ruin the game some people even leave the game because of things like this. I just think that its your fault at the same time just read what i posted earlier and you shouldnt get scammed anymore

Wonderjuice
10-27-2010, 02:51 PM
Why is it my fault? I still have chance to get the rest of money from the scammer. The transaction is not done when you closed the window.
Who said it is one time transaction. If he doesn't correct all his scam today, he should go to prison, banned.

Wonderjuice
10-27-2010, 03:28 PM
Oncetop just reported he was scammed a few minutes ago; the scammer put 15000 for 150000 item. Pocket legend should ban him. He has been doing this from yesterday. stop him and ban him!!!!

foru
10-27-2010, 03:36 PM
i agree part of fault is mine, being careless. But i like to hear more constructive comments, how to deal with scammer or how prevents it happen to anyone else who believe PL is a wonderland. There is huge diff between intending to omit one digit or forgetting to adding a digit. if you believe he is ok what he doing and all fault should fall on the person who fall for the trick, i think more ppl will do the same thing, at least this idea crosses my mind, how easy gold you can make now.

smoae
10-27-2010, 04:41 PM
just make sure you check veru closely how much money the person has put before you check the box. if he changed it from 200,000 to 20,000 then your box would have automatically unchecked, so he must have either put 20000 in from the beginning or he changed it and you just didnt check close enough :/

jonboy
10-27-2010, 05:09 PM
Sorry for your loss, please note though this is a game with virtual money, you got scammed by being paid less for a virtual item with virtual gold, this is not RL, if you don't believe me ring up your local law enforcement and tell them you want to press charges against someone for breaking an oral agreement over the virtual sale of an ingame item. They will still be laughing after you hang up.

Oh and as everything in the game belongs to STS, you don't legally own anything in game, so GL with that.

What you need to do is learn from your mistake, if you feel upset about it then start a cause, spend ages in game hunting down these scammers, or start an education campaign so that people are aware and don't suffer the same fate, either way better then constant whining about it.

regie831
10-27-2010, 06:29 PM
sneaky little bastard isn't he...well like a few have suggested that the devs should put commas or a confirmation before you accept someone's offer.

Ascetic
10-27-2010, 07:04 PM
He tried this on me as well last night, but i caught him and it didn't go through. He replied with, "sorry, i'm new." Just saying.

Gamelova
10-27-2010, 08:41 PM
When someone switches a item, the players checked boxed turns un-checked if the player either removes a item or add a different item, or is that untrue? I thought thats what it looked like...

UNLESS YOU RE-CHECKED THE BOX AND YOU WEREN'T PAYING ATTENTION.
Sorry lol
Hope that doesn't hurt are friendship.. rofl.

jonboy
10-27-2010, 08:48 PM
Yes any changes cause your chck box to unchk, you then have to rechck

Gamelova
10-27-2010, 09:14 PM
WOOT I WAS RIGHT! Sorry Juice you re-checked again. Its not his fault, but it does hurt... A LOT. Been there bro...

Orei
10-27-2010, 09:20 PM
This kind of scam trade happens in almost every MMO. Thats where the "consignment market" comes in to stop all this. Maybe everyone should just hold on to your cash for a week or 2 more till 1.5 is approved.

Wonderjuice
10-28-2010, 08:36 AM
Sorry for your loss, please note though this is a game with virtual money, you got scammed by being paid less for a virtual item with virtual gold, this is not RL, if you don't believe me ring up your local law enforcement and tell them you want to press charges against someone for breaking an oral agreement over the virtual sale of an ingame item. They will still be laughing after you hang up.

Oh and as everything in the game belongs to STS, you don't legally own anything in game, so GL with that.

What you need to do is learn from your mistake, if you feel upset about it then start a cause, spend ages in game hunting down these scammers, or start an education campaign so that people are aware and don't suffer the same fate, either way better then constant whining about it.

[reply] You lost point, jonboy. That's why the game is banning people instead of pressing charges against them. Banning is the kind of punishment in the virtual world. They don't need to go to jail for this because they deceived people. Did I say I called the local police?
Can you distinguish between contract and criminal law? I was talking about agreement based on good faith between a buyer and a seller.

Did I whine? I dont' care about items I lost. The items lost are nothing to me.

Do you support scammers?
Why pocket legends ban people because they cursed in the game? Do you think cursing is worse than deceiving? Main reason for banning people is to make the virtual game world more fun. The same reason applies. People are more hurt by losing their items than by being cursed. Many people lost their interests in games because they were scammed and hurt.

You are actually blaming victims. Are you gonna blame people being murdered on street at night because they were not careful?

Wonderjuice
10-28-2010, 09:21 AM
Gamelova, I just removed you from my friend list. LOL.

Draq
10-28-2010, 09:38 AM
He sure pwnd u in that trade... But yeah those ppl suck

jonboy
10-28-2010, 03:55 PM
@wonderjuice, you originally were linking your scam to real world consequences, but whatever, it's your victim statement.

Wish hard enough... love long enough... and anything's possible.

CanonicalKoi
10-28-2010, 04:02 PM
@wonderjuice, you originally were linking your scam to real world consequences, but whatever, it's your victim statement.

Wish hard enough... love long enough... and anything's possible.

(shakes fist furiously) Then where's MY PONY?!??!?

WJ, I'm sorry for your loss. If nothing else, it's a good reminder for all of us to be vigilant when trading.

TruePlayer
10-28-2010, 04:33 PM
Hello i want thanks juice for this thread its seem xxketzxx have another acc Name sellnbuys he try use the same trick on me lol bad choice of victim he wanted buy my jacob void helm i say 200k he put out 200 lol then he put out a halloween pink and ask how much that worth then you know what come next ge took away a 0 real quick and the gold now is 20k instead of 200k. The dev need look at this issue because gold in this game is so hard to earn and scammers like that need be punish. Thank TP

Aloha
10-28-2010, 08:08 PM
Wow I can't believe people still fall for this... I feel like I have discussed this enough times for people to get it. be more observative of what your doing. I always look at the 0s to make sure that's the money I want. Not to long ago maybe 5-10 minutes I sold something for 120k and they could have tried to play me but I always count them tricky little 0s and I feel like if people (our pl community in general) should be careful about you transactions. I realy hope I don't have to go over this again..

Ps. I am sorry for your loss but just pay more attention

I hope you're not talking about me, because I recently bought your shock lance for 120k, and I don't scam........

Kossi
10-28-2010, 08:14 PM
oh add kossi- scammed by xxxketzxxx by over 250k

Royce
10-28-2010, 08:18 PM
Wow, this guy's on a rampage...

TwinkTastical
10-28-2010, 09:11 PM
ill just give him 500k...

jonboy
10-28-2010, 09:49 PM
help is at hand.

http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae281/boganslaw/scammers.jpg

TheJpawn
10-29-2010, 03:53 AM
I don't understand why xxxketzxxx isn't banned.

And when he makes a different name and tries to come back the devs can tell from his IP address and not allow his new account either.

jonboy
10-29-2010, 04:01 AM
c'mon, that's 5 mins PS work there and no comment. :)

RedRyder
10-29-2010, 04:27 AM
ill just give him 500k...

Can i haz 500k? ;)

TheJpawn
10-29-2010, 06:59 AM
Lol. I like the pic jonboy.

I am surprised that so many senior members think that the answer is just to be more vigilant. I guarantee you that he will scam someone again. He is going to keep trying it until it works. Most people don't read the forums. I didn't my first couple months of playing. Yes buyer should beware but that doesn't mean if there is a chance to put a proven crooked dealer out of business we shouldn't. Who wants scammers around? No one! So ban him for scamming.

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good to stand by and do nothing.

Vyvin
10-29-2010, 07:18 AM
Ip ban?
/Vyvin

TheJpawn
10-29-2010, 02:41 PM
Yeah, in ambar, another game I play, that is how they detect / deal with cheaters.

What's to stop any scammer from creating a new account off a new email address?

laurencez
10-30-2010, 10:04 AM
I hate to refer to another game on this thread, but the devs should make on of those trade window confirmation like the Runescape has thats shows what the buyer and seller is selling after you initially click accept. AND I REALLY DO HATE REFERING TO ANOTHER GAME (ESPECIALLY RS).

asommers
10-30-2010, 10:20 AM
sneaky little bastard isn't he...well like a few have suggested that the devs should put commas or a confirmation before you accept someone's offer.

The confirmation is for accepting their offer.

1.6 will include a two-step confirmation process between buyer/seller, and currency numbers will be displayed with commas.

-ALS

smoae
10-30-2010, 10:41 AM
The confirmation is for accepting their offer.

1.6 will include a two-step confirmation process between buyer/seller, and currency numbers will be displayed with commas.

-ALS
I don't understand why it has to wait for 1.6....
Why can't you just put it in a patch for 1.5?

Justg
10-30-2010, 10:45 AM
Because it is code, not data. We would have to reject and resubmit 1.5, which would delay its release by that period in time.

asommers
10-30-2010, 10:45 AM
It requires a client code change.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/entry.php?23-How-we-address-change-in-Pocket-Legends

-ALS

Draq
10-30-2010, 11:40 AM
Well then again... It does ask u "r u sure u accepr what so ans so is offering?" so u could just pay closer attention as well lol

Gaabob
10-30-2010, 12:30 PM
maybe you guys could add a thing where it notifies players in changes in trade "stuffs" like a tiny window that shows:

player ___ changed monetary value
player ___ changed items
player ___ changed potion amount

then it could show what was changed, and some indicator (color, style, etc) to indicate activity (so if you are watching the "change" area you can see when stuff is changed, rather than not tell because of:

after all of those, you wouldnt be able to tell if it was changing any more, and flash of color in peripheral vision would help indicate a change

This is a crude idea, and perhaps too much work (1.6 change may remove any need for the idea) but just wanted to put it out there.

smoae
10-30-2010, 12:53 PM
Because it is code, not data. We would have to reject and resubmit 1.5, which would delay its release by that period in time.

It requires a client code change.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/entry.php?23-How-we-address-change-in-Pocket-Legends

-ALS
lol i dont get all that tech stuff :p

CanonicalKoi
10-30-2010, 01:59 PM
lol i dont get all that tech stuff :p

Think of it as a math problem: 6x5. The 6 and the 5 are data, the X is an operand telling you what to do with the numbers. You could plug any numbers in (change the data), but the operand, the code, remains the same. Apple needs to see the code; data changes don't affect the underlying code, so if you've submitted 1.5 and change the data, no big deal--the coding's the same. If you change the code, you'd have to resubmit and things would be delayed.

Jupitaloo
10-30-2010, 03:42 PM
I understand from a different thread that mr xxx... Has been banned.

Devs... I hope you are banning by mac address and not by IP or account.

jonboy
10-30-2010, 04:06 PM
If they ban a device it's by the ID of the idevice.