PDA

View Full Version : Noob Farming for Trophies Example

jb57542
08-08-2013, 10:50 AM
I noticed a great example that shows how bad noob farming can be. Take at look at the current #5 ranked tribe Rebels. Their master has an alternate of the name patrick. I've noticed patrick's trophies count climb over 500 in a day. He has a lvl 2 dragon hall with several thousand trophies. I'm guessing he's feeding in bombers through the tribe donation option and just tearing up everybody in this bracket.

These type of loop holes need to be fixed because it breaks the trophies system and discourages new players.

Bookmark
08-08-2013, 01:46 PM
There are other players with level 2 dragon halls on the leaderboard. I do wish a restriction will be placed on how much trophies can be farmed based on dragon hall level (e.g. level 2 dragon hall can only get up to 100 trophies). I don't see the point of the leaderboard when trophies are easily obtainable by players with low level halls.

Technique
08-08-2013, 02:22 PM
I agree 100%, this is a loop-hole/exploit that needs to be fixed. All these people are doing is taking advantage of newer players who don't know any better.

Either add a trophy limit depending on hall level or change the amount of trophies gained with such a low level hall, how am I supposed to keep up on the leader board with this going on

Darko
08-08-2013, 02:44 PM
I agree 100%. This is a defense strategy game..This noob farming has thrown that out the window...it takes zero skill to have an alt, feed that alt top troops and feed on those who just started game and have zero walls. Nobody that's ranked high can attack these people cause their town hall is too low. I would suggest making some type of minimum town hall for trophies, incorporate achievements into ranking (cause u have to upgrade to gain achievments), and make the pvp system pull those ranked ahead of u first...regardless of townhall.....this is discouraging new players, discouraging upgrading defense because its soley based on trophies.......devs please fix this, its ruining game

Dizzy
08-08-2013, 06:48 PM
Dissenting voice!

I look at Patrick as a twink account. I was curious about how he was in the top ten with a level 2 hall, so tried it myself.

It's super easy to max out a level 2 base.

It's also super easy to round up about 150 trophies without a tribe.

It's also super fun to be able to battle non-stop without having to wait for 150 troops to finish building.

Once you get through that though, you start to face tougher opponents. People who have acid dragons and leveled up walls are no match for 30 level one troops. These bases are not easy to beat unless you join a tribe and use the tribe hall.

And I would hate to see a nerf on the tribe hall. I like that you can gift lower level tribe members with powered up dragons they can't make yet. It's a great way of protecting people in your tribe. But I do agree that it isn't fair to demolish noobs with bombers.

I enjoy the idea of twinking. But I think there needs to be a limit on how many trophies you can get based on your hall level. Or, I don't know. I'd like to see a system that allows for twinking but that also discourages noob pounding. Then again, even after being pounded by someone like Patrick, noobs can quickly grow beyond his farming. I dunno.

TL/DR: I like twinking, but I don't like that noobs can be farmed for trophies. Not sure what the answer is.

ETA: why not make the tribe hall DEFENSIVE only? That way we could still give our tribemates powerful dragons to defend their bases, but it would stop cold the kind of abuse we're seeing with trophy farming.

Technique
08-08-2013, 08:31 PM
The only way this could be considered twinking is if they matched you based on trophy count, other then that all I see it as is killing people who don't know any better over and over.

But if they did that then people like me would never be able to find opponents to raid, so there has to be a solution to this.

Dizzy
08-08-2013, 11:10 PM
First, I think matches should only be between +/- 1 hall level (or at the very least, you shouldn't be able to attack someone 3 hall levels lower than you). I don't think trophies should factor. This will solve many problems in the game, not just this one.

Secondly, the number of trophies won should be factored by the hall level you defeated. Prey on low level noobs? Don't expect to cash in. This will encourage people to go for bigger, more seasoned fish.

Finally, my suggestion that tribe lodge be used for defense only.

These are all pretty big changes, and I'm not forward-thinking enough to figure out how they might fix some problems but create new ones. But I'm all chatty and full of ideas. :D

Also, I've really enjoyed playing with my level 2 base. It's a whole different challenge -- you can't just dump 30 Bombers on the map and wait to win -- and it's faster paced. It's a nice break from attack/long wait to rebuild troops/attack. But I see how people are abusing the troop lodge, and I won't be upset if the loophole is closed.

Darko
08-08-2013, 11:49 PM
Its way too easy u can now upgrade resources without upgrading hall and its easy to byild up trophy count.. what's crazy noe is people are losing trophies on purpose because the ones with the most resources now are low levels...its ridiculous.

Technique
08-09-2013, 12:34 AM
Secondly, the number of trophies won should be factored by the hall level you defeated. Prey on low level noobs? Don't expect to cash in.

I think this is the best way to fix this problem as we both suggested, make the trophy gain dependant on the opponents hall level.

Really this should have been implemented in the beginning, I always thought it was stupid that the trophy gain never changed when you faced higher level opponents,

Bookmark
08-09-2013, 06:42 AM
ETA: why not make the tribe hall DEFENSIVE only? That way we could still give our tribemates powerful dragons to defend their bases, but it would stop cold the kind of abuse we're seeing with trophy farming.

Finally, my suggestion that tribe lodge be used for defense only.

I support this idea more so than limiting the number of trophies earned based on dragon hall level.

Dizzy
08-09-2013, 08:50 AM
I support this idea more so than limiting the number of trophies earned based on dragon hall level.

Can I ask why though? It takes more resources and time to defeat higher level halls, and by the time someone gets to a level 4 hall or so, they're no longer noobs, are probably in a tribe, and are better at defending. Doesn't it make sense that the harder your opponent is, the more trophies you earn? This would also encourage trophy hunters to look for higher level opponents, rather than picking off the easy targets. Trophies would actually mean something; a high trophy count would be more impressive because it would have been earned fighting top-level players.

Bookmark
08-09-2013, 09:32 AM
Can I ask why though? It takes more resources and time to defeat higher level halls, and by the time someone gets to a level 4 hall or so, they're no longer noobs, are probably in a tribe, and are better at defending. Doesn't it make sense that the harder your opponent is, the more trophies you earn? This would also encourage trophy hunters to look for higher level opponents, rather than picking off the easy targets. Trophies would actually mean something; a high trophy count would be more impressive because it would have been earned fighting top-level players.

When I meant to limit the number of trophies, I meant putting a cap on how many TOTAL trophies each player can get per dragon hall level (e.g. level 2 - 150 trophies, level 3 - 1000 trophies - level 4 - 5000, etc). This way, it will encourage players in upgrading their halls to increase their trophy count and mitigate the likelihood of players taking advantage of newbies with noob farming.

I'm not talking about limiting the number of trophies per battle. Right now, players can receive up to 24 trophies depending on their standing on the leaderboard and of course, the outcome of the battles. I think the way trophies are currently distributed should be changed as well. Personally, I've defeated bases with higher halls and I do think the number of trophies received should be higher than 15. I can't even earn the maximum amount at 24 trophies as my tribe and I are currently on the top 4.

I think the pvp system would be messy if developers tried to integrate both the hall level and trophy count. There are cases where players take the shortcut and upgrade their fortresses with real money and are still considered newbies as they don't know the full mechanics of the game yet. For example, player1 with 5k trophies and level 5 dragon hall versus player2 with 100 trophies and level 6 dragon hall. Should player1 be rewarded with more trophies even though player2 is a noob but has a higher hall?

The idea of restricting donated troops only for defence is simple to implement and it would discourage noob farmers. Note that I am specifically talking about players who stay at level 2 hall with no intention of upgrading anything solely to farm trophies.

Dizzy
08-09-2013, 01:04 PM
OK, I've been doing this for a couple of days now (NOT with the intention of farming noobs -- I was interested in seeing how far I could go with a low-level account).

I've now added the low account to my tribe, and have been donating from my main account. At level 2 (the same level as Patrick), the tribe lodge only has 10 spaces. It's enough for 2 bombers and a couple of other troops.

I have my level 2 camp maxed. I've been sending it two level 4 bombers and different combos of spitters and others. With almost 200 trophies, I'm being matched with players who have level 3 and 4 halls, with level 2-3 walls, and 6-8 defensive dragons. Let me tell you, hall level 2 troops and a handful of higher level troops are no match for most of these bases. So I don't know how Patrick has so many trophies, but these bases I'm getting now aren't fresh noobs. And that's at less than 200 trophies. Who is he being matched with with over 4k in trophies? I agree there is something fishy going on, but I'm no longer convinced it has to do with farming noobs.

Megabird56
08-09-2013, 03:39 PM
OK, I've been doing this for a couple of days now (NOT with the intention of farming noobs -- I was interested in seeing how far I could go with a low-level account).

I've now added the low account to my tribe, and have been donating from my main account. At level 2 (the same level as Patrick), the tribe lodge only has 10 spaces. It's enough for 2 bombers and a couple of other troops.

I have my level 2 camp maxed. I've been sending it two level 4 bombers and different combos of spitters and others. With almost 200 trophies, I'm being matched with players who have level 3 and 4 halls, with level 2-3 walls, and 6-8 defensive dragons. Let me tell you, hall level 2 troops and a handful of higher level troops are no match for most of these bases. So I don't know how Patrick has so many trophies, but these bases I'm getting now aren't fresh noobs. And that's at less than 200 trophies. Who is he being matched with with over 4k in trophies? I agree there is something fishy going on, but I'm no longer convinced it has to do with farming noobs.

This is because they changed the rules again in the most recent update. Before you would be matched with people only lvl3 hall or lower no matter the trophy count if u r lvl 2. Now is no longer the case. Patrick shouldn't be able to gain anymore trophies from this point on unless there r some really stupid high lvl players with lots of trophies that leave their dragon hall unprotected. I also had lvl2 twink hall and I can't gain anymore trophies. But there were many many other lvl2 twink hall players and those were fun to attack and revenge each other cuz it can be pretty difficult to get 100% win against each other because of the tribal defenses.

As a side note, tribe defenses can be WAY overpowered. They can wipe out an entire army of 30 if they e only attacking with lvl2 hall troops

javiemma
08-12-2013, 05:32 PM
Some people are calling this "twinking" lol. Someone made a thread recently about this and from the resplys on that thread, looks like its the new trend.

Dizzy
08-12-2013, 10:32 PM
Some people are calling this "twinking" lol. Someone made a thread recently about this and from the resplys on that thread, looks like its the new trend.

If you don't like it, don't do it. lol.

javiemma
08-13-2013, 09:48 AM
If you don't liI'mke it, don't do it. lol.

Who said that I am doing it? silly. Lol.

Samhayne
08-13-2013, 09:56 AM
This is because they changed the rules again in the most recent update. Before you would be matched with people only lvl3 hall or lower no matter the trophy count if u r lvl 2. Now is no longer the case. Patrick shouldn't be able to gain anymore trophies from this point on unless there r some really stupid high lvl players with lots of trophies that leave their dragon hall unprotected. I also had lvl2 twink hall and I can't gain anymore trophies. But there were many many other lvl2 twink hall players and those were fun to attack and revenge each other cuz it can be pretty difficult to get 100% win against each other because of the tribal defenses.

As a side note, tribe defenses can be WAY overpowered. They can wipe out an entire army of 30 if they e only attacking with lvl2 hall troops

Megabird is correct. Patrick is just a hold over from the previous matchmaking that had an upper limit on opponents you could face. It would cap and you would keep facing "easy" targets to gain trophies from. This is no longer the case as there is no upper limit. Those low dragon hall players with high trophy counts will now be matched with opponents that match their trophy count. Good luck taking a DH 7, 8 or 9 opponent with your DH lvl 2 fortress. As time goes on these "anomaly" players should be moved out of the leaderboard by normal attrition.

Dizzy
08-13-2013, 12:20 PM
Who said that I am doing it? silly. Lol.

No one did. You're just complaining about it in two different threads, so it obviously bugs you. I figured I'd offer you a solution to your issue: if you don't like that kind of gameplay, then don't do it. Simple. lol

Megabird is correct. Patrick is just a hold over from the previous matchmaking that had an upper limit on opponents you could face. It would cap and you would keep facing "easy" targets to gain trophies from. This is no longer the case as there is no upper limit. Those low dragon hall players with high trophy counts will now be matched with opponents that match their trophy count. Good luck taking a DH 7, 8 or 9 opponent with your DH lvl 2 fortress. As time goes on these "anomaly" players should be moved out of the leaderboard by normal attrition.

Can I ask, why are trophies factored in to match-making at all? I get the issue with Patrick, and that was a loophole that needed to be closed. But by continuing to base matches on trophies, more problems are being created. I was being slammed with Devastators when I had a DH 6 (just upgraded to 7). There's no way someone with a DH 6 can defend against someone with a DH 9. Why not base matches on DH level only, and trophies won based on a sliding scale of the level of the DH you won against?

I see a lot of people complaining about being slammed by DHs 2-3 and sometimes even 4 levels above them, and it's frustrating. People are starting to purposely lose trophies because having a lot of trophies makes them a target and they can't get matched with bases they actually have a chance at beating.

csb
08-13-2013, 02:20 PM

So, what you are saying is that I should level my DH up to 9, and keep my trophy count at 0 by intentionally losing PvP battles. This would make it easier to farm other players for resources. Is this the game design that you intended?

Samhayne
08-13-2013, 03:21 PM
So, what you are saying is that I should level my DH up to 9, and keep my trophy count at 0 by intentionally losing PvP battles. This would make it easier to farm other players for resources. Is this the game design that you intended?

The example of DH 9 with 0 trophies will be matched with other appropriate Dragon Halls. You can't pick on DH 3 opponents, for example. You can only go down so low by reducing your trophy count.

Darko
08-13-2013, 05:17 PM
So there is still a dragon hall scale, cool...... this is awesome I want everyone to upgrade. ..

csb
08-14-2013, 12:16 AM
The example of DH 9 with 0 trophies will be matched with other appropriate Dragon Halls. You can't pick on DH 3 opponents, for example. You can only go down so low by reducing your trophy count.

Currently, I am matched with DH level 7 players, but my DH is level 5. This is obviously a bad thing. And, I find it funny that I get a "Revenge" button, like i can revenge a DH7 with 16 dragon towers and black stone walls. This really is a flaw in the game, though you don't want to admit that.

So, the correct way to play is to not get any trophies until level 9. Only a complete idiot would collect trophies with a DH5.

Szangheili
08-14-2013, 12:34 AM

Currently, I am matched with DH level 7 players, but my DH is level 5. This is obviously a bad thing. And, I find it funny that I get a "Revenge" button, like i can revenge a DH7 with 16 dragon towers and black stone walls. This really is a flaw in the game, though you don't want to admit that.

So, the correct way to play is to not get any trophies until level 9. Only a complete idiot would collect trophies with a DH5.
So I'm an idiot o.o

csb
08-14-2013, 02:13 AM
So I'm an idiot o.o

Samhayne said it himself. You are an "anomaly" if you have a low level DH and too many trophies. You must be punished by DH 7, 8, 9 players.

Good luck taking a DH 7, 8 or 9 opponent with your DH lvl 2 fortress. As time goes on these "anomaly" players should be moved out of the leaderboard by normal attrition.

Games should be played as designed, not as intended. If the developers failed, then we take advantage of the situation until they figure out a solution. It doesn't make any sense collecting trophies if the game developers intend to punish us for having trophies.

It seems the intent is to only have high level DH players at the top of the leader boards. This would encourage people to work towards upgrades, and can increase pearl sales. Given that we will be punished for not upgrading first before getting trophies, it does not make any sense to collect them. In fact, it would be much easier to not collect them so we can farm resources from noob players. At some point, if we farm enough to upgrade all the way to DH9, then we can finally collect trophies without incurring the "anomaly player penalty".

Dizzy
08-14-2013, 06:14 AM
And the funny thing is, it's not an anomaly. My tribe is number 2, many of our members are in the top 100, and I can count on one hand the number of members who have level 9 halls. It takes a lot of time and/or money to build up to a level 9 DH, and in the meantime, we are all active and want to play and earn trophies. We don't want to be penalized because we're active players who try to battle a lot in a WAR GAME.

So we're supposed to wait through the weeks and weeks it takes to build up to a level 9 DH before we build our trophy count? Ridiculous. I'm not going to keep spending time and money on a game that doesn't allow me to actually play it in a competitive way.

Multibird
08-14-2013, 08:25 PM
Listen, it's your choice if you want to spend money for faster upgrades. Why not upgrade slowly? Yes ofc high level dh can attack you sometimes, but then you can attack others that are lower than you. You can gain more trophies and resources by attacking more people :)

Don't take this the wrong way, but think smart and play smart. I'm currently level 7dh, upgrading to 8. I get attacked by pest and others that are fully upgraded. But I loose nothing, I loose 15 trophies that I can gain back easily from someone else. By playing smart I always keep less resources, I'm always upgrading, this way most of my resources are used on upgrading. So when people like pest attack me, they use lots of troops taking me down, prob 50k plus sheeps and guess what they take from me? Only 4-5k worth of gold and sheep :)

DON'T LEAVE EXTRA GOLD AND SHEEP LAYING AROUND. PLAY SMART!

One more thing, before everyone only spammed bombers, which took zero skill. Now when game is balanced, people can no longer spam bombers and win. It takes practice and skills to win. Yes bombers can still be used to win with good strategies. Like sam said walk through the path of dragon, lots of practice.