PDA

View Full Version : Nerf bombers please.

glengon
08-08-2013, 11:25 AM
Please nerf the bombers they are really OP right now. What am i supposed to do when someone uses 30 lvl 4 bombers on me? They have like 500hp? They are like crushers that can fly and only get hit by half as many defenses, with the same bulk and more dmg. Whenever i get attacked after that update, its always people who use 20-30 or even 35 bombers. Its pretty obvious that they are overpowered:

-Copper dragons cant do much when there are so many bombers, and they still need a few shots to take out a single bomber.
-Every dragon gets destroyed instantly when facing a group of bombers.(like 20?)
-They have as much hp as crushers, but have more damage, and can fly over walls. A little more expensive and needs only one extra space.
-In addition to that ^, they get hit by half as many defenses, as acid electric dragons cant hit them.(not like it matters when they instantly get destroyed)
-Skyblast sheep cant take out all of them if the attacker is smart and does not put them all in one spot.

Basically, nerfing their health is a must, and maybe change the training time to what it was before? Maybe reduce their health by 50%.(ps. In CoC balloons have half the health of giants)I dont see why they should have as much health as crushers. If anyone has any good tips against these flying pigs(not 1,2 or 10, but >20), please tell me. So nerfnerfnerfnerfnerfnerfnerfnerf please. Thanks and to everyone who hasnt experienced the horror of >20 bombers wrecking your base, you wouldnt want to. The bombers instantly take out any defense.

octavos
08-08-2013, 12:10 PM
Please nerf the bombers they are really OP right now. What am i supposed to do when someone uses 30 lvl 4 bombers on me? They have like 500hp? They are like crushers that can fly and only get hit by half as many defenses, with the same bulk and more dmg. Whenever i get attacked after that update, its always people who use 20-30 or even 35 bombers. Its pretty obvious that they are overpowered:

-Copper dragons cant do much when there are so many bombers, and they still need a few shots to take out a single bomber.
-Every dragon gets destroyed instantly when facing a group of bombers.(like 20?)
-They have as much hp as crushers, but have more damage, and can fly over walls. A little more expensive and needs only one extra space.
-In addition to that ^, they get hit by half as many defenses, as acid electric dragons cant hit them.(not like it matters when they instantly get destroyed)
-Skyblast sheep cant take out all of them if the attacker is smart and does not put them all in one spot.

ect...ect...

i've lost a few times because of the giant flying grapes... upgrading copper dragons only hit one at a time..no splash damage. I don't mind losing because of it..but we are limited on our air/ground defense consumables and the amount people can farm off you is to high also.

Ape
08-08-2013, 12:29 PM
A attack of full bombers is strong but also very pricy. People who use this only target enemies with high amounts of loot.

Dizzy
08-08-2013, 06:32 PM
A attack of full bombers is strong but also very pricy. People who use this only target enemies with high amounts of loot.

Not necessarily true. I use Bombers because I'm at a rank now that they're the only dragon that can get me 100% (some of the players I face are maxed out on halls and are getting there with their defensive dragons and walls). They're expensive, but I don't look for a return on them. I'm in a top tribe that's looking to rise on the LB, so I'm all about trophies, hence looking for 100%. And they do it nicely.

And yes, they need to be nerfed. They're way too powerful.

glengon
08-08-2013, 08:17 PM

Not really, some rrandom toth guy attacked me and looted 80k gold and 2k sheep. I don't think that's really worth the bombers.. Maybe that guy is a cash player and uses all bombers on every player he sees, so sheep isnt a problem to him?
Anyway bombers are still op.

Cahaun
08-09-2013, 06:57 AM

Not really, some rrandom toth guy attacked me and looted 80k gold and 2k sheep. I don't think that's really worth the bombers.. Maybe that guy is a cash player and uses all bombers on every player he sees, so sheep isnt a problem to him?
Maybe he doesn't really care about resource and troop management, and just wants to devastate villages for the fun of seeing it burn? Some people's motives in PvP are mysteries.

Darko
08-09-2013, 08:44 AM
Toth used 35 bombers on me and 100% me...I don't think they Should be nerfed I just think this leaves rooms for a future expansion for another air dragon

glengon
08-09-2013, 09:04 AM
Maybe he doesn't really care about resource and troop management, and just wants to devastate villages for the fun of seeing it burn? Some people's motives in PvP are mysteries.

http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w653/glengon/f31_zps649ae5ef.jpg

keikali
08-09-2013, 11:31 AM
Tried them for the first time today...they're mad OP. Although they move slow like a turtle they pack a punch in a group.

As for a nerf? Not necessary. You could INCREASE the cost of creating one along with the housing space for one so you can't create a wild pack at once.

Rare
08-09-2013, 12:31 PM
To be honest, if your traps have already been set off, they don't even need that many. The bombers are definitely OP right now.

I think Coppers maybe should have an AOE attack for Air troops.

keikali
08-09-2013, 01:41 PM
To be honest, if your traps have already been set off, they don't even need that many. The bombers are definitely OP right now.

I think Coppers maybe should have an AOE attack for Air troops.

Good suggestion. I notice it is not Splash damage which is should be to prove more effective against air targets.

glengon
08-09-2013, 08:46 PM
Yea I also thought of theses ideas you guys mentioned, increasing the cost/space/training time, making copper do aoe, but I still think the health should be nerfed. Why should they have as much health as crushers? Half the health is enough.

Rare
08-11-2013, 08:47 AM
Yea I also thought of theses ideas you guys mentioned, increasing the cost/space/training time, making copper do aoe, but I still think the health should be nerfed. Why should they have as much health as crushers? Half the health is enough.

Here's the problem I see with lowering health. They are so slow. It takes them too long to travel. You'd have to take out all air defenses first which is very difficult if people mix their defenses well. Otherwise they'll just get picked off on their way to another target

It would render bombers pretty much useless. They would become situational troops.

I agree, if anything, their cost should be raised.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

glengon
08-11-2013, 10:08 AM
Here's the problem I see with lowering health. They are so slow. It takes them too long to travel. You'd have to take out all air defenses first which is very difficult if people mix their defenses well. Otherwise they'll just get picked off on their way to another target

It would render bombers pretty much useless. They would become situational troops.

I agree, if anything, their cost should be raised.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Yea but its not like all those air defenses are aoe..4/5 lvl 4 bombers can take out my fire dragon which has 1200hp in oneshot together...idk thats so unfair...

Alhuntrazeck
08-11-2013, 08:56 PM
I lost 82k sheep and 40k gold to a host of bombers. Watching my base crumble, I attest that they are indeed overpowered. Only my fire and copper dragons attack them...and those get easily killed.

Nerfing their Hp would b nice :)

Cahaun
08-12-2013, 02:58 PM
I was attacked by over 23 Bombers, and now I can readily agree that the Copper Dragon could really use a buff that gives them Splash Damage (Maybe like flak cannons and AA).

keikali
08-12-2013, 03:15 PM
I suggest the following changes for this:

Bomber
Increase cost to train one.
Lower HP, the difference in cost from a Crusher is low where the Bombers even at basic level do at least 3 times the damage of a Crusher. And these guys can fly!

Copper Dragon
Increase overall damage done to ALL flying. Not just a specified one right now where its more damage against Avenger troops.
Change from single target to a Splash AOE damage just like an Acid Dragon for ground.

Szangheili
08-12-2013, 03:31 PM
No, I completely disagree, do not nerf Bombers, instead Buff copper, then it'll be evened out. It already costs 2k to make him, and he takes a lot of space in our camps, on top of that, the wait time is pretty long. So instead of nerfing him, buff out copper and the problem is solved.

csb
08-12-2013, 05:34 PM
No, I completely disagree, do not nerf Bombers, instead Buff copper, then it'll be evened out. It already costs 2k to make him, and he takes a lot of space in our camps, on top of that, the wait time is pretty long. So instead of nerfing him, buff out copper and the problem is solved.

I use bombers to get 100%. I take out the copper first, and it drops pretty quick. If you want to buff copper, you would have to give it 5k health to stop me. Another alternative is to let people buy another copper at level 5. Adding one more copper may balance out the bombers.

Anyway, people who load up on bombers are going for trophies. It is not profitable. Also, people who use bombers will probably also drop a couple of nukes. So, it will cost about 80k sheep for the attack. And, when they attack me, they always get less than 10k sheep in return. So, they are paying a big price in exchange for the 100% win.

People who are going for resources, do it as cheap as possible without bombers, and are lucky to get 50%.

An effective nerf for bombers may be to have them take 6 housing spaces instead of 4. 18 bombers and 2 nukes is usually a 100% win against my level 5 DH. But, 12 bombers and 2 nukes cannot get 100%. (note: not counting some spitters and gobblers for cleanup)

Samhayne
08-13-2013, 11:40 AM
I believe a Copper Dragon buff is in the works. Look for patch notes in the near future.

keikali
08-13-2013, 11:53 AM
I believe a Copper Dragon buff is in the works. Look for patch notes in the near future.

Thanks.

Shaping Sickness
08-13-2013, 01:02 PM
Give copper dragon a lighting effect. On each level the shot will bounce off to nearest flying dragon.

So at level one it is single target.
At level 2 the shot bounces off one time.
At level 3 the shot bounces off two times.
And so on...

Each bounce loses say 30% damage, and it cannot bounce more than once to a dragon that has already been hit by the same shot.

Dizzy
08-14-2013, 06:02 AM
Just sparred with the new Copper Dragon buff, works nicely. Took out a dozen bombers before they could do too much damage. Coppers just went from sort of useless to awesome. You can still spam Bombers, but because they tend to group together, they make great targets for splash damage.

moonway03
08-14-2013, 06:06 AM
No need to nerf them.
Just upgrade copper then put ice drag next close to it.and be smart where to put your skyblast sheep.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

csb
08-14-2013, 02:00 PM
The upgrade is as follows:

Bombers: no change
Copper Dragon: upgraded as follows:

Old Copper Dragon (Level 2):
Damage Per Second: 63
Hit Points: 1150
Range: 10
Damage Type: Single Target
Targets: Air
Favorite Target: Avenger (Damage x 2)

New Copper Dragon (Level 2):
Damage Per Second: 67
Hit Points: 1150
Range: 12
Damage Type: Area Splash
Targets: Air
Favorite Target: Avenger (Damage x 3)

toth
08-19-2013, 01:51 PM

Why does everyone hate me :(

But in serious note, this buff to copper dragon has completely changed my play style. I believe for the better. It was too expensive and not as fun bomber spamming. Now I use a balanced combination of crushers, smashers, spitters. I usually only end up using 3-4 bombers, at that is after my ground crew has taken out the copper dragons. Otherwise, If I have my bombers go head on to a copper dragon, I need at least 3 heal spells.

Multibird
08-19-2013, 03:06 PM

But in serious note, this buff to copper dragon has completely changed my play style. I believe for the better. It was too expensive and not as fun bomber spamming. Now I use a balanced combination of crushers, smashers, spitters. I usually only end up using 3-4 bombers, at that is after my ground crew has taken out the copper dragons. Otherwise, If I have my bombers go head on to a copper dragon, I need at least 3 heal spells.

This is true, now to use bombers you need to take out copper fast. I tested it during spar. I lost 37 bombers in less than a min

glengon
08-20-2013, 04:29 AM

Nope I don't hate you anymore.. :D I used to hate you though cause you kept attacking me.

Valsacar
08-21-2013, 09:06 AM
Nope, I'm happy with it. Coppper are useful, and bombers are great if you use strategy.