PDA

View Full Version : Instant respecc?

Superzarop
10-27-2010, 12:34 PM
I saw someome that respecc and put on his gear in less than 5 sec, how is that possible?

Royce
10-27-2010, 12:36 PM
Well if you know the attribute values you are shooting for, I think 5 seconds is doable, especially if you only build you primary attribute to requirements, then equip your gear before finishing the AP distribution. Only other thing I can think of is maybe it was a dev testing out the new feature coming in 1.5 where you can have saved presets for respecs.

Superzarop
10-27-2010, 03:48 PM
Must have been the new function then, cus he did it so fast and he did it only to show me, then he switched back again.
When is 1.5 coming out, coming with the auction house?

Royce
10-27-2010, 03:50 PM

It's been submitted to Apple already, so however long they take approve it, maybe next week, but you never know. Anyway, it will have the consignment shop, a bit different from the auction haus, but will still be very nice I think.

Vyvin
10-27-2010, 03:54 PM
Devs can't play on our servers if there testing.
/Vyvin

Royce
10-27-2010, 03:56 PM
Devs can't play on our servers if there testing.
/Vyvin

They could perhaps if the servers already have the capability, and they are just testing a different client. The devs can do all kinds of crazy stuff that we can't do ;)

FluffNStuff
10-27-2010, 04:23 PM
Must have been the new function then, cus he did it so fast and he did it only to show me, then he switched back again.

Did this person put on 'multiple' sets of items, like did it look like when they switched they went from wearing one armor, to another, then another? If so, then this is most likely one of the new dual specs. They are tricky (and require a LOT of expensive gear) but you can have the same character be dex and str based.

Royce
10-27-2010, 04:29 PM
Did this person put on 'multiple' sets of items, like did it look like when they switched they went from wearing one armor, to another, then another? If so, then this is most likely one of the new dual specs. They are tricky (and require a LOT of expensive gear) but you can have the same character be dex and str based.

Oh, good call it was probably just a transformer. I assumed Superzarop was watching the avatar screen and saw all the APs go to default, but he probably just saw a robot in disguise and thought it was a respec ;)

jonboy
10-27-2010, 04:38 PM
Looks they were more then meets the eye.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_mXKMm6Lmi6E/SgJ2W0CXadI/AAAAAAAAAVU/_fZm3YklPbI/s400/change.jpg

Orei
10-27-2010, 09:39 PM
I saw someome that respecc and put on his gear in less than 5 sec, how is that possible?

This is done by using the "loadout" feature. U get to save a set of equipped eq on one of the four loadouts, and switch them with just a tap.

I like to call this dual spec "Hybrid". Love my mage/paladin hybrid. Kill mobs with mage style, snap change to paladin when its time for boss. This is the only way i find an enchantress playable in ao3

FluffNStuff
10-27-2010, 10:06 PM
This is done by using the "loadout" feature. U get to save a set of equipped eq on one of the four loadouts, and switch them with just a tap.

I like to call this dual spec "Hybrid". Love my mage/paladin hybrid. Kill mobs with mage style, snap change to paladin when its time for boss. This is the only way i find an enchantress playable in ao3

Using all level 50 gear? I did not think the load outs worked for up swapping gear, especially since you need to start with 7str items, then move to 8str level 45 items, then up to 11 str items (if you are using 3 instead of four) or 8 str level 50's. Even if it let you hot swap a whole set, it would require 6 slots, three for each 'style'.

Orei
10-28-2010, 12:17 AM
Well if u do the calculations properly u only need 1 set of stacking eq for each attribute. Yes, it can only be done when u are level 50 with almost full set of cosmo/rift/void. Its a little Tricky, but this is the time when u realize how stupid we were back then to liquidize or sell off ao1 pinks :(

Htiek
10-28-2010, 06:18 AM
dual spec:
base 122-130 str/int/dex, depend on what gear u have
normally need to collect L39-45 Thoth/Horus/Osiris gear to do that
void/rift/cosmos gear needed too

formula:
eg. 123[str] + 32[4pcs osiris gear]=155[which u can use the rift helm]
155+3[rift helm]=158[then u can use full rift gear]

122 is for int, cuz cosmos low int req.

Snakespeare
10-28-2010, 08:15 AM