PDA

View Full Version : What is a Twink?

Hodnett
10-27-2010, 12:56 PM
Ive heard it a lot but don't know what it is?

setec
10-27-2010, 01:04 PM
For some background: World of Warcraft definition of Twink:
http://www.wowwiki.com/Twink

In PL, if you use gold or plat to get great equipment for your character so that you can have that good gear right away as opposed to waiting until a loot drop while you run a map 50 times, that is considered a twink.

Let's say you have a level 19 character with lousy gear. In minutes, you could buy great gear from sellers with your gold and instantly the character is decked out for his level.

Twinks can be used for just for show in Towne but are mainly used for PvP and PvE.

For instance, if you get a great level 19 character and get really good pink items on it, you would use that for PvP all the time on the PvP for that level player. That character is specialized for PvP because he has the best gear that you could get for him.

I'm sure others will give you their definitions as well and further information.

Twinktastical :)

Royce
10-27-2010, 01:16 PM
Basically just a low level character, with frozen XP gain to remain that level, created by a player with level capped characters and able to outfit the low level one with the best available gear. Most twinks are built primarily for PvP, but many, like myself, enjoy playing on PvE twinks as a break from the madness at the cap, or just to experience older dungeons with a level appropriate, though fully geared, character.

Iambirdman
10-27-2010, 02:20 PM
In reality a twink is an attractive, boyish-looking, young gay man.

Royce
10-27-2010, 02:29 PM
Here, let Wikipedia be your guide: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twink_%28internet_slang%29
Though note the hilarious disclaimer:

This section may contain excessive, poor or irrelevant examples.

RedRyder
10-27-2010, 03:21 PM

lmaooo...i have found my new sig quote

Inching
10-27-2010, 07:49 PM

I sit beside a Twink at work then

Inching
10-27-2010, 07:50 PM
lmaooo...i have found my new sig quote

Dame you Red, I was gonna do that~!

Demonicdevyn
10-27-2010, 08:16 PM

dont talk bout twinktastical tht way :O

Inching
10-27-2010, 08:26 PM
dont talk bout twinktastical tht way :O

Its ok Demon... twinktastical is clearly out of the closet unlike the "Twink" who sits beside me ordering hot chocolate in coffee runs from the office

Iambirdman
10-27-2010, 08:36 PM
Lol this conversation is leading in to an interesting direction lol