PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I kill in pvp?

Anigraasas
08-08-2013, 03:09 PM
I haven't been able to get a kill yet and I'm now on my 3230 death
The skills I have are the clock, curse, heal, and shield
I'm also full dex so I would be able to equip a gun and do alot of damage, but so far the gun seems to do little damage. When I'm in pve I can usually three shot things in the lower levels but in pvp it hardly does a thing. I shoot and drop clocks on a player but it does nothing but slow down my invetible death. After 1 or 2 hits from the other guy, I die. What am I doing wrong? I'm healing and using shield, dropping my clocks and shooting my gun, but the only guy that dies in the end is me. It gets a bit frustrating after awhile can anyone help me out?

Shallows
08-08-2013, 03:17 PM
I'm also full dex so I would be able to equip a gun and do alot of damage, but so far the gun seems to do little damage. When I'm in pve I can usually three shot things in the lower levels but in pvp it hardly does a thing. I shoot and drop clocks on a player but it does nothing but slow down my invetible death. After 1 or 2 hits from the other guy, I die. What am I doing wrong? I'm healing and using shield, dropping my clocks and shooting my gun, but the only guy that dies in the end is me. It gets a bit frustrating after awhile can anyone help me out?

U don't need DEX to equip a gun, in fact you don't need anything besides the LVL to equip one, the DeX under your gun is how much DEX boost it gives you when equipped , sorcerers should be all INT, as for your skills clock is ok but not great in pvp, curse is pretty useless switch it for fireball (which stuns and does DoT) keep sheild and life giver and you'll do fine

matanofx
08-08-2013, 04:30 PM
My name in game is matanofx im a mage and i can help you alot more if you add me in game and pm me rather than typing all my knowledge down here in a single phrase

So pm me whenever =]

FluffNStuff
08-08-2013, 05:17 PM
It is quite clear if you are full DEX you will be firing a pea-shooter. This is because all BONUS damage comes from primary stat, and that multiplies your weapon and any and all other damage. Swap em and you should be fine.

xcainnblecterx
08-08-2013, 06:05 PM
Basically your problem is you a sorc running full dex, big no no. Go full int and 5/5 passive dex and int

Energizeric
08-08-2013, 06:13 PM
Change to full INT and you will be much better off. Dex does nothing for mages and is a stat mostly for rogues.

Alhuntrazeck
08-08-2013, 09:21 PM

1. Full dex--nono.
2. No offensive skill in your arsenal! You NEED fireball. Clock isn't even that useful in PvP.

ZeroGh
08-08-2013, 09:28 PM
for pvp use :

1-fireball
2-Shield
3-Heal
4-Curse

Venom
08-09-2013, 12:57 AM
OMG a full dex Mage!!! SMH so hard its about to fall off.

Anyway, even with top gear you wont be able to do anything if you are all dex. And how do you manage your mana????? o_0
You need to go Max intelligence stats and max passive knowledge. Later distribute remaining skills as you wish to :)
Go go respec!!!!! Feel the difference!

Alfai
08-09-2013, 01:19 AM
Maybe bcause he doesnt know..or not clear underatanding on the guides with few friends..coz tjhe all dex build is not sometuimg tht we are familiar with.

I agree with the suggested build above.sorc always skewed int thts the essence of your class.ive seen a few diff builds for mg in pvp depending on their gaming style.dmg build mage is seen with slag for quick kills..

Another reason might be lag.and this is no joke.my screen froze when theres a clash.and end up w unwill8ng deaths.

Alfai
08-09-2013, 01:21 AM
Try asking cero and rasi too.those are excellemt mages with curse and entertain random queries

vholt
08-09-2013, 01:27 AM
Full Strength + Curse & Shield = LOL