PDA

View Full Version : To Ripmaw or not to Ripmaw?

Dlanor
08-08-2013, 06:36 PM
I see that the latest content update has brought back Ripmaw... What are people's opinion on this mythic pet? I was gonna get Slag before they took him away, then I was thinking Abaddon before his bad press lol. Is Ripmaw worth 250 platinum, and which class do you think would benefit the most from our shark friend?

Haligali
08-09-2013, 03:36 AM
warrior pet

fumolamota
08-09-2013, 08:54 AM
Save your plat for the expansion

Jexetta
08-09-2013, 03:53 PM
Ripmaw is a good pet for her stun ability but where she really fails is in her happiness bonus. Ripmaw came out at the 21-26 cap, during that time it was even questionable whether the happiness bonus of +8 health and +8 mana per tick would be beneficial. *The problem with ALL of these types of regenerate pets is that their happiness bonus never changes.

With pet happiness bonuses can all be summarized like this :

+regen mana/health or baseline +health (like +100 health type pets) or +mana pets will get weaker and less beneficial over time from their initial release. *Often when they are released the regen or +health/mana stat seems appropriate for the season in which they are released but over time the regeneration benefit becomes weaker due to everyone gaining more health and mana per season.

% based damage increase pets will become stronger over time. *This is because everyone's damage from season to season will become higher per season and thus the +% applied becomes stronger.

Example : If you are level 10 and have 600 health an extra +8 health per tick is very beneficial and you can see it when running around and fighting. *When you are level 31 and have say... 4500 health as a warrior that +8 health per tick benefit is minor if non-existant. *All of these pets with health and mana regen need to be looked at. *Will they still have +8 health and +8 mana when the level cap is 61 and warriors have
9,000hp? *If so it makes the future of such pets kinda worthless. *

For all health and mana regen pets what I believe should happen is that their health and mana regen should level up slowly with the pet's level.

I went off the rails a little bit for whether or not ripmaw is worth it for you. Unless you have plat to burn, you're a warrior, or a completionist and have to have everything I would pass.

Temarichan
08-09-2013, 08:51 PM
Thank you for the post and Jexetta for the through reply. I was just about to make a question thread about this.

He does look cool though :3

Linkincena
08-09-2013, 09:53 PM
Its good for low level twinks )

Dlanor
08-10-2013, 04:47 AM
Jexetta, thank you for the in depth explanation.. I think u have a great point about the regen vs dmg which is why some people are commenting about being excited about ripmaw for their twinks... Ur welcome Tem!