PDA

View Full Version : Platinum sucks...

Quint436
10-27-2010, 04:02 PM
The game has a good idea, use platinum to buy items. But some items just cost way too much, like halloween, or hats, or really, REALLY bad archer items...my point is, this game is going to end up costing me more than World of Warcraft costs in a year. They need to push their prices down, i've spent 20 bucks, and I have boughten a hat, halloween costume, and all the areas to play...come on. Spacetime, please make this cheaper or you will lose a lot of players down the road, and this beautiful game will fall through the cracks. =(

Royce
10-27-2010, 04:07 PM
You don't need to use platinum to buy anything but the campaigns to level up, which is actually fairly cheap. Vanity items, plat store items, halloween costumes, etc. are fun but not required to play and fully enjoy the game. So, in short, if you think something is overpriced in the plat store (IMO some things are and some are also very underpriced), then don't buy it ;)

TwinkTastical
10-27-2010, 04:08 PM
Yeah... ive spent like 150 USD, but i dont complain, cause WoW can smd, this is my life.

smoae
10-27-2010, 04:17 PM
if you think its too expensive, dont buy. its that simple.

Hayabusaz
10-27-2010, 04:23 PM
Spended Like £300 .. Not Complaining Rolf xD

Chickdigcookies
10-27-2010, 04:27 PM

what for again?

TwinkTastical
10-27-2010, 04:32 PM
what for again?

A PL shield...

Varking
10-27-2010, 05:03 PM
my point is, this game is going to end up costing me more than World of Warcraft costs in a year.

You could choose to only buy the extra maps and then find better gear than what you can buy. So you truly only need to spend $20-$25 for Pocket Legends.

You buy the World of Warcraft Battle Chest for $40.

You get a free month for each game you activate so you only have to pay a monthly fee for 9 months.

$15 x 9 = $135

$135 + $40 = $175 for the year for World of Warcraft if you were starting out today. If you already have the game and all the expansions and only need to pay the monthly fees than it comes out like this:

12 months x $15 a month = $180 for the year.

If you were a hardcore WoW player and purchased each expansion at full retail, and the game at full retail as they launched, than you payed about $160 for the boxes alone.

Then factor in you are going to pay 15 a month still to play the game no matter what.

The average player who plays PL isn't going to spend more than 30 dollars on this game, let alone 15 a month. Then again, each person looks at something and judges what the worth is to them, on their own. What is worth $10 to me could be worth $20 to you.

setec
10-27-2010, 11:12 PM
Varking couldn't of said it any better.

When plat first came out, I bought the 800 plat for $49.99 as an investment in the game. I currently have 551 left. I try to make good spending decisions on it. I don't buy gear with plat. I don't buy gold with plat. I don't buy elixirs with plat (although I did once by accident in mid battle).

The 800 plat option is great because each plat is $0.16. So, when new maps come out, I use plat. If I want a custom hat for each of my characters, I use plat but I wouldn't have to buy these items. They are optional.

Really, for the PL player who has little to no money, here is what you have to spend to upgrade:

Level 1 through 18 - nothing!!! The Dark Forest map pack used to cost but now doesn't.

Then Balefort Castle (15-20) is only 4 plat. That's 99 cents for 5 plat. You have one left over. Considering most App Store apps are 99 cents or $1.99, this is nothing.

And sure, each map pack is a little more expense but not much. Heck, AO3 is the most expensive. Everything is less than two dollars worth for the plat. This is nothing.

As for the title of this post, platinum sucks. Well, no, it really doesn't.

The old system was to spend a flat $0.99 or $1.99 for items. STS had no control over this because this is how iTunes works.

But with the plat system, the more you buy at one shot, the cheaper each plat gets.

Draq
10-28-2010, 09:45 AM
If ur gonna complain abput buying something- DONT im 14 and have spent easily $100 pn this game but do u c me complaining?

Royce
10-28-2010, 09:51 AM
The 800 plat option is great because each plat is $0.16.

It's actually $0.0625 or 6.25 cents per plat if you get the 800 pack ;)
In fact, even with the middle size plat packs I buy, it's only 10 to 12 cents per plat. Otherwise, excellent points.

KingFu
10-28-2010, 09:52 AM

You spended £300? Lmao

Draq
10-28-2010, 09:53 AM
C royce kniws what hes talking about... At least in this thread -_-

setec
10-28-2010, 10:00 AM
It's actually $0.0625 or 6.25 cents per plat if you get the 800 pack ;)
In fact, even with the middle size plat packs I buy, it's only 10 to 12 cents per plat. Otherwise, excellent points.

lol. you're right. I remembered my math wrong. :) So buying 800 plat is even a better deal! :)

SlipperyJim
10-28-2010, 01:30 PM
Yeah, I've spent between $20 and $30 on PL. That's all.

If you're really strapped for cash, just buy the campaigns like Varking said. Don't spend Plat on equipment, because the loot you can earn is better that what you'd buy. Don't spend Plat on gold, vanity items, stash slots, or Halloween packs. Just buy the campaigns.

If all you buy is the campaigns, then PL is very affordable for an MMO. It's still a bit pricey for an iPhone game, but it has a lot more content than any other "standard" iPhone game.

Snakespeare
10-28-2010, 02:11 PM
I disagree. Stash slots are an excellent use of plat. Transferring items between characters 5 at a time becomes unbelievably tedious. Push your stash to 50. You won't regret it.

I continue to be amazed at the complaints about prices of things. I swear, it cost me more to buy a cup of coffee than to add a new character, and the character lasts a lot longer. The same for a campaign. Even the new one at 20 plat is barely more than a latte. Do you complain to your barrista? I don't. They post their prices, same as this game does, and it is ME who makes the choice to spend the money.

Draq
10-28-2010, 02:41 PM
So to end this thread- DONT BUY PLAT IF UR GONNA CRY ABOUT IT INTE FUTURE