PDA

View Full Version : What with Leprechaun's amulet?

Castellann
08-09-2013, 06:49 AM
I think, everyone felt that the drop rate of the locked crates has been redused in Kraken mines. It's ok. Now everyone uses the leprechaun's amulet to increase the drop rate of crates.
Today i noticed one thing. The drop rate of the crates with loot elixir and without the amulet was higher than with amulet + elixir. How can this be??
I note that i (rogue) was running with 3 rogs. We ran five times with the amulet + elix. No one got crate. After we removed the amulet, next five times each of us has dropped to 5 crates.
25% loot better than 40% loot?

P.S. sorry for mistakes =)

Alfai
08-09-2013, 07:07 AM
[QUOTE=Castellann;1216716]I think, everyone felt that the drop rate of the locked crates has been redused in Kraken mines. It's ok. Now everyone uses the leprechaun's amulet to increase the drop rate of crates.
Today i noticed one thing. The drop rate of the crates with loot elixir and without the amulet was higher than with amulet + elixir. How can this be??
I note that i (rogue) was running with 3 rogs. We ran five times with the amulet + elix. No one got crate. After we removed the amulet, next five times each of us has dropped to 5 crates.

I had combo and stack reroll and lep amu.think its like 70prcnt.once with the same setup i hd stack klaas reroll.
Had countless runs.

No locked crates.i did get gold chest.

Im not complaining.buy my thought that plat users have slight of good drops advantage has changed immensely.

And im not complaining.just saying.perhaps since i never gamble in real life this is what gambling is.

I shall reserved my angst and dissapointment. :)

Castellann
08-09-2013, 07:20 AM
I complain instead of you :-) . I do not ask that I got ten crates at a time, but if I use loot elixir and amulet, I hope that the drop rate will be is actually higher.

Alfai
08-09-2013, 07:23 AM
I complain instead of you :-) . I do not ask that I got ten crates at a time, but if I buy loot elixir, I hope that the drop rate will be is actually higher.

Hahaha go for it cast im behind you ;p

Trahern
08-09-2013, 07:38 AM
Saw a warrior get a locked, then a purple item, then another locked from Ubermans today. That was with reroll buff only. Most amazing drop rate ive seen, i think its purely random.

Sakurakixazz
08-09-2013, 07:38 AM
Amulet is.broken half the time! N i seem to get better drops depending on which group im in...might just be me tho on that one..

Wowsome
08-09-2013, 07:59 AM
second that .. something is amiss ..

chitgoks
08-09-2013, 08:00 AM
i think the drop rate with lep amulet did go down.

this only made the worth of the amulet crap for 150 plat

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Ebezaanec
08-09-2013, 08:18 AM
Well, it is a re-roll elixir that works in percentages. That means if the Leprechaun Amulet equipped, out of 100 enemies killed, you will re-roll 15 times.

If it works the same way like in the other Legends games, then the re-roll should be the same.

Loot Common item: re-roll into Rare item
Loot Rare item: re-roll into Epic item
Loot Epic item: re-roll into Legendary item

Remember that the elixir and luck amulet improves your chance of getting items one class up, but not always what you want.

If I kill 100 enemies with Luck Amulet (15%) and Luck Elixir (25%) and all I will loot will be Rare items, then I would receive 40 re-rolled Epic items.

Now I could be wrong, but Devs don't usually disclose info like this...

Meljann
08-09-2013, 08:29 AM
That happen alot to me too if I take off my lep and just use luck elixir I get more Locke and better loot, got 3 warfare 31 yesterday with just using luck elix @.@"""""""". 25% is better than 40 lol 0.o"

Wutzgood
08-09-2013, 08:31 AM
I seem to get better luck with just the leprechaun amulet than when I have it and an elixir.

Paulsebi
08-09-2013, 08:38 AM
I think, everyone felt that the drop rate of the locked crates has been redused in Kraken mines. It's ok. Now everyone uses the leprechaun's amulet to increase the drop rate of crates.

P.S. sorry for mistakes =)

Agree with this!

Hinataa
08-09-2013, 08:40 AM
Also i noticed this, idk maybe coincident but few days ago i was farming elite antee, i usually always wear lep during whole antee run, i don't just switch at boss. Well my friend, he wasn't wearing it all thme, he switched at boss, n he got a wrathjaw drop. Then next run i decided to try, because other 2 ppl running with use were using lep like me, all the time, so next run i decided to take off amulet at boss, n put it back on when boss is almost dead, n guess what i got snaggletooth. Idk maybe its just my imagination, but same thing happened in oltgar to me. So umm i suggest u try this while elite running with lep. :)

Aziiii
08-09-2013, 08:47 AM
I agree with ana,we went today did arena runs first of all,with elix and amulet.....where is the double rate drop of e.golden?none of us got......also did km3 runs...nobody got crates and we decided to take amulets off and Boommm crates!

GoodSyntax
08-09-2013, 08:51 AM
I tend to agree with you. In the past two weeks or so, my drop rate has nosedived!

A couple of days ago, I got a reroll from Klaas, AND a reroll from Shazbot PLUS the luck amulet.

After running elite forest and elite rooks nest over and over until the rerolls ran out, I did not drop a single egg, golden chest or anything with any value.

In the past two weeks, I can honestly say that I have run no less than 50 elite maps (Forest, Brackenridge, Rooks Nest, Rooks Hideout, LMM, Keep), all with the luck amulet going (sometimes with reroll, sometimes not), and I haven't had a sniff of anything with any value.

I'm not sure if drop rates have been nerfed, or I'm just on a really prolonged bad luck streak, but every time I do a run, I'm burning pots with nothing to show for it in the end.

I will say, it seems like elite copper chests are dropping WAY more frequently now. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it seems that every elite copper chest I open has 3 greens or 2 greens and 1 purple in it, so at best, I can liquidate them for, what, 20g? It would be nice if elite chests gave guaranteed gold, maybe 500g for copper, 1000g for silver and 2500 for gold - that would at least help offset the costs of doing the run.

Fortunately, I've only died a couple of times during this streak, so at least I'm not farming deaths.

Perhaps my luck will turn around, but right now, it's kind of disappointing.

Aziiii
08-09-2013, 09:51 AM
Kalizzaa ill add you in game so we can share our thpughts of coppers aahaha i got a BiG collection of them :))

Thadalger
08-09-2013, 10:03 AM
Hmm should i get it.

drgrimmy
08-09-2013, 10:34 AM
Well, it is a re-roll elixir that works in percentages. That means if the Leprechaun Amulet equipped, out of 100 enemies killed, you will re-roll 15 times.

If it works the same way like in the other Legends games, then the re-roll should be the same.

Loot Common item: re-roll into Rare item
Loot Rare item: re-roll into Epic item
Loot Epic item: re-roll into Legendary item

Remember that the elixir and luck amulet improves your chance of getting items one class up, but not always what you want.

If I kill 100 enemies with Luck Amulet (15%) and Luck Elixir (25%) and all I will loot will be Rare items, then I would receive 40 re-rolled Epic items.

Now I could be wrong, but Devs don't usually disclose info like this...

This is what I always thought too. Apparently it does not work the same here in AL. Check out the developer post in this thread about rerolls. He says that you just reroll from one loot table to a better loot table. So theoretically you can reroll from a common to another common in a better loot table. I find this somewhat shocking....

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?97775-Rerolling-to-get-a-green-item-from-a-boss-(shouldn-t-happen)!

Ebezaanec
08-09-2013, 10:56 AM
This is what I always thought too. Apparently it does not work the same here in AL. Check out the developer post in this thread about rerolls. He says that you just reroll from one loot table to a better loot table. So theoretically you can reroll from a common to another common in a better loot table. I find this somewhat shocking....

This is an interpreted view of Re-roll factors from Pocket Legends. This is simply a theory about it.

Luck Elixirs are a bit tricky to figure out. Obviously, a luck elixir will have a % chance to activate every time the game registers that you got a drop. There are two distinct check systems that work. Here is the first check system:

Game registers a drop from an enemy.
Scenario 1: Luck Elixir fails to activate. You simply receive the drop noted in the chatbox, and nothing more.
Scenario 2: Luck Elixir activates. You get "Feeling lucky..." in the chatbox and the game will roll another drop, hidden from view.

From Scenario 2 the game goes on a second check system. It will compare your first drop to your second (re-rolled) drop.

Scenario 2a: The game compares your first drop to the second drop. If the first drop is better than the second drop (for example, your first drop is orange and your second drop is white), then you will simply receive the first drop. The second drop is discarded and you won't know what it was.
Scenario 2b: The game compares your first drop to the second drop. If the first drop is worse than the second drop (for example, your first drop is white and your second drop is orange), then you will get the message "You ARE lucky! Rerolled for better loot!" and you will receive the second drop. The first drop is completely discarded and you won't know what it was.
Scenario 2c: The game compares your first drop to the second drop. If the first drop is equal to the second drop (for example, an orange drop compared to an orange drop), then you will get either/or drops (the game will either say nothing or it will say "You ARE lucky! Rerolled for better loot!"

Note: Scenario 2c is still not definitive, but I've personally seen instances in Balefort Sewers in which an orange drop was considered to be a "You ARE lucky! Rerolled for better loot!" drop, even though an orange drop is the lowest drop you can get at that campaign.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?30059-How-Drop-Rates-Work-%28Simplified%29-and-the-Factor-of-Luck-Elixirs

Scenario 2c seems logically though. If you were to receive a Green item and the system rerolls into another "equal" Green item, it will probably randomly choose one of them as your loot. The item is displayed on your screen and the other one will be discarded.

Just theory though...

baddiva
08-09-2013, 11:08 AM
you should look after the frequency of the reroll occurence... not the result of the reroll...

in my common sense, when reroll activates, your drop change the "rarity" one tier higher.... but it still depends on the mobs item drop listing... but I never tried it on bael II OR krunch II... is it gonna mythic or max legendary...

Sent from my LG-P970 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

rapball
08-09-2013, 11:09 AM
i see what ur getting at anna i never use the luck amulet anymore cause it doesn't even reroll for me i get so i just sold it but when i do use just the elixer it does drop a bit more

sometimes when i do a party the others have luck amulet and elixer and i just have elixer i (most of the time) get 2x more than the others which is very odd since of the added luck%

Alfai
08-09-2013, 11:25 AM
I tend to agree with you. In the past two weeks or so, my drop rate has nosedived!

A couple of days ago, I got a reroll from Klaas, AND a reroll from Shazbot PLUS the luck amulet.

After running elite forest and elite rooks nest over and over until the rerolls ran out, I did not drop a single egg, golden chest or anything with any value.

In the past two weeks, I can honestly say that I have run no less than 50 elite maps (Forest, Brackenridge, Rooks Nest, Rooks Hideout, LMM, Keep), all with the luck amulet going (sometimes with reroll, sometimes not), and I haven't had a sniff of anything with any value.

I'm not sure if drop rates have been nerfed, or I'm just on a really prolonged bad luck streak, but every time I do a run, I'm burning pots with nothing to show for it in the end.

I will say, it seems like elite copper chests are dropping WAY more frequently now. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it seems that every elite copper chest I open has 3 greens or 2 greens and 1 purple in it, so at best, I can liquidate them for, what, 20g? It would be nice if elite chests gave guaranteed gold, maybe 500g for copper, 1000g for silver and 2500 for gold - that would at least help offset the costs of doing the run.

Fortunately, I've only died a couple of times during this streak, so at least I'm not farming deaths.

Perhaps my luck will turn around, but right now, it's kind of disappointing.

Kal should rewrite the drop codes so we hv more chance lol.

This might be weird but i somehow noticed the inc chance if you inflict high damage or faster kills it give you better drops.or

Crates you earned has inc chance for better giveouts rather than locked you bought?

How bout the tips i heard to open locked at travellers outpost to inc the chance?

Are any of these true or the methodology is simply luck and chance

Alfai
08-09-2013, 11:27 AM
i see what ur getting at anna i never use the luck amulet anymore cause it doesn't even reroll for me i get so i just sold it but when i do use just the elixer it does drop a bit more

sometimes when i do a party the others have luck amulet and elixer and i just have elixer i (most of the time) get 2x more than the others which is very odd since of the added luck%

Somehow oddly enough it works cpuple of times for me to get good drops whem i switch to lep amu with boss health left with 5prcnt.its lole resetting the luck.i did get good eggs or crates doing tht.but i cant verify whethwr this is true as it is not consistent.

Demon_SnipeZzz
08-09-2013, 12:15 PM
So if i bought combo lix+luck lix+luck lix from both shaz and klaas and luck amulet it stacks to 115% luck?

baddiva
08-09-2013, 01:50 PM
So if i bought combo lix+luck lix+luck lix from both shaz and klaas and luck amulet it stacks to 115% luck?

shazbot's and klaas' didnt stack

Sent from my LG-P970 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

GoodSyntax
08-09-2013, 01:51 PM
I thought that they did stack, they operate on different timers, one at 30 minutes and the other I think is either 10 or 15 minutes.

xmakx
08-09-2013, 02:29 PM
I got 4 locked out of 10 ubermans killed today with lepre and luck elixir but only one of them was a reroll.
So is lepre and luck elixir only for rerolls or normal/direct drops too?

Alfai
08-09-2013, 02:34 PM
I thought that they did stack, they operate on different timers, one at 30 minutes and the other I think is either 10 or 15 minutes.

Ditto

drgrimmy
08-09-2013, 02:41 PM

Ditto

Yep, one is 15min, the second is 30min. Can also stack with 30 min plat luck elixer if you buy before you get your daily.

Temarichan
08-09-2013, 10:50 PM
Amulet is.broken half the time! N i seem to get better drops depending on which group im in...might just be me tho on that one..

Agreed.

I'm glad I'm not the only only one who thinks this.

I get reroll elixir and Lep amulet, I get 1 locked •^• (30 Min)

I use just Lep amulet, I get 4 locked. (30 min)

Just reroll? I get tons. (30 min)

Taejo
08-09-2013, 11:48 PM
Reroll is a complex system. You have loot tables of dozens of greens, blues and pinks to sift through, then your chests, crates and eggs. The link to how reroll works was posted on page one, and from what I can tell it's a consistent system (but impossible for us to tell what the initial drop was). Generally speaking, the mechanics of drops is simple, and there are no tricks, rituals or prayers you can perform to exploit the system. The only thing that might influence what drops is the number of people in a party. I say this because I generally get better drops in Shuyal Arena with 3-4 people as opposed to 1-2. Again, it could all be just dumb luck.

Wutzgood
08-10-2013, 12:14 AM
Agreed.

I'm glad I'm not the only only one who thinks this.

I get reroll elixir and Lep amulet, I get 1 locked •^• (30 Min)

I use just Lep amulet, I get 4 locked. (30 min)

Just reroll? I get tons. (30 min)

This is exactly what happens to me. I make alot just using the leprechaun amulet and get less when I have both. Gonna have to try and take it off next time I get elixir and see if that helps