PDA

View Full Version : trying to scam ppl

mokdaddd
08-09-2013, 06:50 AM
hello, just want people to know that (?) trying to scam people a lot also my friends told me by changing the price while buying in trade he is keep doing it he scammed one with 9m while he add 10m then changed to 1m yesterday did it to me but didn't work with him today with my guild mate same didn't work so just wanted ppl to know and becarfull from him, lvl 10 mage (?) I know he have a char lvl 31 but don't know it yet thank you . ( hope it doesn't bother anyone with my thread just wanted people to be careful )

JaytB
08-09-2013, 07:05 AM
Although threads like these are against the forum ToS (calling out players), I can confirm he tried the same with me.

There was also a fairly well known player (who I'll not name) who tried to pull the same scam on me earlier today. She played around with the amounts and removed a 0 right before I wanted to hit confirm.

Best thing to do with these things is send a detailed report to STS about it. If the scammer gets punished, it would help way more people as compared to creating a forum thread about it :)

Alfai
08-09-2013, 07:11 AM
Although threads like these are against the forum ToS (calling out players), I can confirm he tried the same with me.

There was also a fairly well known player (who I'll not name) who tried to pull the same scam on me earlier today. She played around with the amounts and removed a 0 right before I wanted to hit confirm.

Best thing to do with these things is send a detailed report to STS about it. If the scammer gets punished, it would help way more people as compared to creating a forum thread about it :)

Agreed sammo..thats the way to do it.

The person u mentioned tried doing the same to me..and no names can be mentioned its against the rules.it can never be discussed in public due to the nature of sensitivity.

Spyce
08-09-2013, 08:51 AM
Very common scam used in all STG games.
They take away 1 0 out of the price when you aren't paying attention.

GoodSyntax
08-09-2013, 09:00 AM
Another clever scam that I encountered recently is some "noob" saying "trading lv1 amulet" (which we all know is the leprechaun amulet) for lvl7/8/9 or whatever level item. Of course it will be the only one in auction at a grossly inflated price. In my case it was a lv9 gun, worth 20k at best, listed for 109k. So, being cautious, I told him there is one in auction, but it's grossly overpriced, could I trade the amulet for gold instead. Then all of a sudden he couldn't figure out how to trade, then disappeared.

This is a clever scam because it's obviously an alt that is listing the item and it takes advantage of merchants desire to turn a very solid profit on a high turnover piece of gear.

Morals of the story, if it sounds too good to be true, it is. And, always double check at the confirmation prompt.

matanofx
08-09-2013, 09:53 AM
At this point STS should stop "taking these scams seriously" and implement a comma in trade window!!! or ill rage.

Instead of counting zeros like a zero ill be counting commas like a hero

Zeus
08-09-2013, 09:58 AM
Another clever scam that I encountered recently is some "noob" saying "trading lv1 amulet" (which we all know is the leprechaun amulet) for lvl7/8/9 or whatever level item. Of course it will be the only one in auction at a grossly inflated price. In my case it was a lv9 gun, worth 20k at best, listed for 109k. So, being cautious, I told him there is one in auction, but it's grossly overpriced, could I trade the amulet for gold instead. Then all of a sudden he couldn't figure out how to trade, then disappeared.

This is a clever scam because it's obviously an alt that is listing the item and it takes advantage of merchants desire to turn a very solid profit on a high turnover piece of gear.

Morals of the story, if it sounds too good to be true, it is. And, always double check at the confirmation prompt.

I take satisfaction in knowing that they most likely wasted their listing fee. :p

Thadalger
08-09-2013, 10:01 AM
Dont worry he tryed me also. Its quite, pathetic.

chitgoks
08-09-2013, 11:46 AM
At this point STS should stop "taking these scams seriously" and implement a comma in trade window!!! or ill rage.

been mentioning the commas and zeroes over and over. very simple thing to do. dunno why until now it has not been implemented.

perhaps this type of scam is tolerated :p. if not, then why couldnt the formatting be fixed ^_^

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

JaytB
08-09-2013, 12:33 PM

been mentioning the commas and zeroes over and over. very simple thing to do. dunno why until now it has not been implemented.

perhaps this type of scam is tolerated :p. if not, then why couldnt the formatting be fixed ^_^

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

That was exactly my thought when I posted this suggestion...

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=110689