PDA

View Full Version : Beware of scammer wheresthebeef

ANHHUNGXADIEU
10-27-2010, 05:16 PM
don't lend him any money, if he adds u thats all he does .
when u lend him something good he will delete u off his list and ignore.
scammed my Laser Talon of void

Prest87
10-27-2010, 05:20 PM
U have to trust someone to be scammed...

KingFu
10-27-2010, 05:21 PM
don't lend him any money, if he adds u thats all he does .
when u lend him something good he will delete u off his list and ignore.
scammed my Laser Talon of void

He didn't scam you, you technically gave it to him. To be honest, it was your fault, he just took advantage of you....

Prest87
10-27-2010, 05:25 PM
He didn't scam you, you technically gave it to him. To be honest, it was your fault, he just took advantage of you....

Ppl need to learn the difference between scam and taken advantage of.

KingFu
10-27-2010, 05:35 PM
Ppl need to learn the difference between scam and taken advantage of.

Exactly lol. It annoyed me how literally, not even exaggerating, that 10+ threads were made (6 by the same person -.-) about that xxxkedzxxx guy or whatever. They took advantage of them and tricked them. You can't scam or be scammed, secure trade is out....

smoae
10-27-2010, 05:42 PM
Exactly lol. It annoyed me how literally, not even exaggerating, that 10+ threads were made (6 by the same person -.-) about that xxxkedzxxx guy or whatever. They took advantage of them and tricked them. You can't scam or be scammed, secure trade is out....

yes agree its not like a hack... that would be a scam.
what people report arent scams, theyre just people being deceitful, misleading, and mean.

Royce
10-27-2010, 05:48 PM
yes agree its not like a hack... that would be a scam.
what people report arent scams, theyre just people being deceitful, misleading, and mean.

This is all very true. However, I would say what the other guy, xxxketzxxx or whatever, was doing is a scam. He was taking advantage of flaws in the secure trade system (small gold text and no commas), and using misdirection (showing other items to take attention away from the gold) to achieve his obviously intended deception. So something like this is quite different though. You just don't give items to people unless you are willing to rely on their honesty to get the item back, which is shaky if you don't know the person, and even if you do (since you really don't know anyone in this game unless you actually know them IRL).

smoae
10-27-2010, 05:51 PM
This is all very true. However, I would say what the other guy, xxxketzxxx or whatever, was doing is a scam. He was taking advantage of flaws in the secure trade system (small gold text and no commas), and using misdirection (showing other items to take attention away from the gold) to achieve his obviously intended deception. So something like this is quite different though. You just don't give items to people unless you are willing to rely on their honesty to get the item back, which is shaky if you don't know the person, and even if you do (since you really don't know anyone in this game unless you actually know them IRL).
yeah the thing with xxxketxxx was more like a scam, but if the victim was really paying close attention (which they always should) then they could have easily avoided it. when i think of a scam i think of something that you are unable to stop, such as a hack. that could be qualified as a scam too though.

regie831
10-27-2010, 06:27 PM
how was that a scam..? well never lend anything to anyone..unless you truly know that person

MurdocX
10-28-2010, 09:11 PM
Definition Of Scam:

- A confidence trick or confidence game or an attempt to defraud a person or group by gaining their confidence.
- To victimize: deprive of by deceit. "She defrauded the customers who trusted her"

So yes, it was indeed a scam. Anything else such as an exploit, glitch, or hack would be under the category of cheating or exploiting.

To be honest, you guys are just arguing to argue. Every post thus far has been completely irrelevant or partially trolling spam. Aside from most of the other scam related topics, his wasn't at all childish ranting with caps lock on. The intention behind his original post was to simply forewarn people of the guy, in all honesty I've met plenty of scammers in all sorts of games who befriend people for months before making a move, it could easily happen to others.

Everyone loves to bitch about people being assholes for kicking, but you're quick to flip on this guy for having the same problem. Probably worse, he lost a 100k+ item, give him some slack. Nothing good comes of kicking someone while they're down.

KingFu
10-28-2010, 09:16 PM
Definition Of Scam:

So yes, it was indeed a scam. Anything else such as an exploit, glitch, or hack would be under the category of cheating or exploiting.

I was referring to the virtual definition of scamming....but ok....

Anyways, I saw this guy in town, I spoke to him, he seemed cool, kinda kick back..not saying he didn't steal it just saying he didn't seem like a bad guy...

Vyvin
10-28-2010, 09:28 PM
Can I have a talon to borrow? -.^
/Vyvin

MurdocX
10-28-2010, 09:45 PM
I was referring to the virtual definition of scamming....but ok....

Anyways, I saw this guy in town, I spoke to him, he seemed cool, kinda kick back..not saying he didn't steal it just saying he didn't seem like a bad guy...

I wasn't calling anyone out specifically. It just seems when one comment is said, everyone jumps on the bandwagon. I saw no posts actually being supportive or helpful to the situation. I mean it's fine to tell him that the way he used the term is wrong, but after you said it everyone else seemed to exaggerate the fact that he used the term "scam", rather than actually focusing on his situation.

Much love though my fellow PL players. I calls 'em how I see's 'em. Still love everyone though. <3

Peace, love, and all that good junk.

jonboy
10-28-2010, 09:50 PM
you need this man

http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae281/boganslaw/scammers.jpg

Raxie
10-28-2010, 10:01 PM
lol, jon how many times have you posted that picture?

jonboy
10-28-2010, 10:17 PM
just three times, in each scam thread

Catfishstew
10-28-2010, 11:19 PM
I agree, I'd like to thank whoever started this thread, I encountered that guy and imediatly blocked him.

kindtonoob@hotmail.com
11-05-2010, 08:14 PM
ha thankyou people!

TwinkTastical
11-05-2010, 08:36 PM
He may give it back.... maybe...

juhnken773
11-06-2010, 03:16 AM
The bad guys never get the woman. - Megamind!

gwippy
11-06-2010, 03:42 AM
xxxketzxxx is my friend and i dont trust him

Typhee
11-06-2010, 03:50 AM
How can be your "friend" if you can't trust him? Definition of a friend, in my sense, is a trusty person you love or like very much.

gwippy
11-06-2010, 04:32 AM
Well he's a nice player and all but he always asks for money

Martyntje
11-07-2010, 04:14 PM
He is dev banned:)

juhnken773
11-09-2010, 11:19 AM
/last poster

Barbamitsos
11-10-2010, 12:09 PM
not rly last ;)