PDA

View Full Version : Mythic weapons went sky high overnight!

Zanpakuto
08-09-2013, 05:15 PM
Specifically the bow and the gun. Do you guys think their price increase is stable or is everyone just losing their CS listing fee? It's funny how the helmets and the armors are dropping like flies! Good time to swap say a bow for a helm?

gison
08-09-2013, 05:20 PM
IMO. These mythic items will drop its prices once the next cap shows up. :)

Zanpakuto
08-09-2013, 05:27 PM
IMO. These mythic items will drop its prices once the next cap shows up. :)

From a merching standpoint, would you trade your bow if someone who's willing to exchange for a helmet? The price gap before would have had people laughing in your face but now I'm getting some serious offers. I still think that helms and armors will go up becasue the supply will go down as soon as people start trading them in no?

gison
08-09-2013, 05:35 PM
From a merching standpoint, would you trade your bow if someone who's willing to exchange for a helmet? The price gap before would have had people laughing in your face but now I'm getting some serious offers. I still think that helms and armors will go up becasue the supply will go down as soon as people start trading them in no?

Honestly, I'm not familiar with end game gear since I don't do end game. But I'm a pretty good Merch, but right before the next cap shows up, sell that bow before prices start dropping. (Happens in ever game)

Just IMO.

Roberto077
08-09-2013, 05:45 PM
They are dropping about as fast as immortal flies.

Insomniack
08-09-2013, 05:47 PM
Once new expansion is here and mage arcane starts to drop, there will prolly be increased drop rate weekend for arcane mage AND myth weapons. prices will again rock bottom. On the other side, the current armors and helms will be upgradeable to 36 versions, but not tradeable, so 31 versions of them will drop, BUT, alot of those will stay so to say "binded" to players, once they upgrade them, so like half of amount (this is hypothetical) will "disappear" from the game. So take that into consideration, and you can pretty sure say the prices for those will go up, not sure how much, but surely won't stay much round 3,7-4mil.

Zanpakuto
08-09-2013, 06:00 PM
Once new expansion is here and mage arcane starts to drop, there will prolly be increased drop rate weekend for arcane mage AND myth weapons. prices will again rock bottom. On the other side, the current armors and helms will be upgradeable to 36 versions, but not tradeable, so 31 versions of them will drop, BUT, alot of those will stay so to say "binded" to players, once they upgrade them, so like half of amount (this is hypothetical) will "disappear" from the game. So take that into consideration, and you can pretty sure say the prices for those will go up, not sure how much, but surely won't stay much round 3,7-4mil.

yeah exactly my thoughts! I think that many players don't realize that they're upgradable as well! There's a lot of names I don't recognize on the CS for the mythic helm and armor. I strongly believe they just looted it and want gold for next expansion!

drgrimmy
08-09-2013, 07:05 PM
Simple, people are still opening crates, and mythic armor and helms keep dropping. No new mythic weapons are dropping. Supply of armor and helms continues to increase while the supply of available mythic weapons that people are not using continues to decrease. Its a no brainer...

In terms of what will happen next season, that is up for grabs. Price on mythic weapons will probably drop a little as they will no longer be head and shoulders better than the next best legendary item. Everyone keeps on talking about the price of armor and helms skyrocketing but I don't buy it. They will still be dropping, and those mythic armors that people are holding to upgrade next season have already been taken out of circulation by those people holding on to them. So the number of circulating mythic armors will not change too much when people upgrade them. I know some of you will disagree, but just my two plat :)

Energizeric
08-09-2013, 07:37 PM
I'm not so sure Drgrimmy, I think a vast majority of the player base does not read the forums and has no idea what is going to happen next campaign. Yes, I'm sure many of them have heard rumors, but many will not go ahead and attempt to spend all their gold on the mythic helm and armor until they confirm it for themselves. I'd expect a price bump in the armors and helms at some point next season. But assuming they continue to drop, the price will eventually level out.

Zeus
08-09-2013, 07:38 PM
I'm not so sure Drgrimmy, I think a vast majority of the player base does not read the forums and has no idea what is going to happen next campaign. Yes, I'm sure many of them have heard rumors, but many will not go ahead and attempt to spend all their gold on the mythic helm and armor until they confirm it for themselves. I'd expect a price bump in the armors and helms at some point next season. But assuming they continue to drop, the price will eventually level out.

Exactly. When I tell a lot of players this, they don't believe me. Heck, many of them don't know how to identify a dev or how to work forums!

I don't blame them though. When I first started PL forums, it took me a bit getting used to (& that was when the website was only one forums! Not the multitudes of games the STG has now.)

Energizeric
08-09-2013, 07:54 PM
I wonder what percentage of the player base even speaks english. Obviously those folks who don't speak english do not read the forums. But I encounter them pretty regularly in game, and sometimes they are pro players with full mythic and great stats. There are entire guilds on the top 50 guilds list that speak other languages.

Spyce
08-09-2013, 07:56 PM
The price will probably drop once the new cap comes out.

drgrimmy
08-09-2013, 08:26 PM

You may be right. It's anyone's guess at this point. I guess there is only one way to find out. Time will tell...

Temarichan
08-09-2013, 10:43 PM
It's also probably because someone listed it for 3 million after the bows were all sold out. •~• I was there. I'm outraged

uriraran
08-10-2013, 01:07 AM
There is something called "expired", it will come back to normal in no time. There are huge amount of mythic weapon in the market. average player like me got 3 mythic weapon in stash, dun mention those merchants... ;)

Insomniack
08-10-2013, 07:25 AM
There is something called "expired", it will come back to normal in no time. There are huge amount of mythic weapon in the market. average player like me got 3 mythic weapon in stash, dun mention those merchants... ;)

Even if we take that really average players have 2-3 mythics stashed, that won't affect price drop alot. Once you see bows going for 2,2-2,5m and guns for 3m+, and some of those stashin weapons do rush out to sell it that price, still, once few of items have been posted, the rest wont run amok ripping price just to sell it back at 1,5m/2m, they will keep stashing them waiting till those few get sold, then post again. Price would vary in 200-300k most, not a million like it should to take it to "normal" state as it was few days ago. And I won't even talk about merchants. For them these prices are pure profit. So I personally think, if someone like Love doesnt go on full sale, prices will stay as they are till next mythic weapon event (prolly after expansion comes). Ofc, as grimmy said, no one can tell for sure, I may be totally wrong with this.