PDA

View Full Version : Fixing locked crates

jabu69
08-09-2013, 07:09 PM
I have nothing against them and I fully understand the odds, but I think they should be finetuned to either:

a) drop something once, so if you get gold your 2nd / 3rd can't be gold

b) not drop gold to prevent inflation overall

JaytB
08-09-2013, 07:17 PM
I have nothing against them and I fully understand the odds, but I think they should be finetuned to either:

a) drop something once, so if you get gold your 2nd / 3rd can't be gold

b) not drop gold to prevent inflation overall

a) That's how it used to be. 1 guaranteed pink everytime you opened a crate. Everyone hated it because the pinks became totally worthless in therms of resell value.

b) that's how it used to be too. You got totally worthless epics and rares instead. Everyone hated it because there was totally no return in value anymore.

Energizeric
08-10-2013, 01:49 AM
Poor STS, it's a no win situation for them with these crates. If they give a pink in every crate people will complain that the pinks have become worthless. If they raise the chance of mythics, people will complain the mythics are not worth much anymore. If they give gold, people complain that they didn't get any items.

I guess that's what happens when you let kids gamble. They don't understand that the chance of winning is very small.

Kraze
08-10-2013, 01:58 AM
Poor STS, it's a no win situation for them with these crates. If they give a pink in every crate people will complain that the pinks have become worthless. If they raise the chance of mythics, people will complain the mythics are not worth much anymore. If they give gold, people complain that they didn't get any items.

I guess that's what happens when you let kids gamble. They don't understand that the chance of winning is very small.
Oh I don't know having an actual drop system may fix the problem

jabu69
08-10-2013, 04:43 AM
a) That's how it used to be. 1 guaranteed pink everytime you opened a crate. Everyone hated it because the pinks became totally worthless in therms of resell value.

1 guaranteed pink is not the same as getting the same outcome 3 times

Again, I have no problem with crates being a gamble as I fully comprehend that. It's just that you require plat to open them, so there needs to be a compromise somewhere. I'm putting money into the game, so even though I might not automatically get the "I Win" button, there still needs to a failcheck somewhere, like higher chance of a pink rarity every time you don't open a pink, or what not. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who is bitter about lepre / locked drop rates, because they are definitely messed up. You get posts pretty much every day complaining about them, so pretty sure there's something wrong. Like 10 common out of 12? I don't even get those rates while farming. I've gotten one grand crate out of 3 days of grinding, and not even one pink. So much for 15% reroll.

You might say I'm just pure unlucky which I can accept, but generally speaking I'm pretty lucky and the law of averages has to come down somewhere. I have yet to see that.

Valsacar
08-11-2013, 06:09 PM
Sorry you're unlucky, but there is nothing wrong with the system. Crates give something, even if all you get is 6k gold, you got something.

Rerolls work just fine, you can see when it happens. Just because it doesn't give you a crate every time, doesn't mean it's broken.

The law of averages does not apply to you, the individual. On average, in the game as a whole, things are dropping at the rates that they have been programmed to drop at. For every unlucky day you have, there are others having a lucky day.

Energizeric
08-11-2013, 07:02 PM
Oh I don't know having an actual drop system may fix the problem

Sure, that would fix the problem, but then STS would no longer be in business and the game would have to be shut down. I would guess 95% of their revenue in this game comes from the locked crates.

Alfred Emmanuel Tanopo
08-11-2013, 09:37 PM
leave the crates as it is. Let the people who think its not good leave the game. I guess these are the people that harm the economy or they are the ones that never spent a singe cent to purchase plat and help the moderating the game. This awesome games already free to play for crying out loud.