PDA

View Full Version : True Value of Halloween Pinks

Inching
10-27-2010, 08:23 PM
Recently I have seen individual Halloween Pinks go for 10K to 75K… My thoughts are as follows…

I think the individual pinks should sell for at least 100K each and 500K per full level 50 set because:

- the dungeon is too hard for low levels to kill boss and there is no booting in the dungeon so a low level cannot farm quickly without a higher lvl in game to get a pink
- not a lot of high levels go farm for this for whatever reason and only a few
- time limit on the dungeon before its taken out
- its rare even though its not practical to use for normal farming (as stats are cr@p)
- Even if you get a pink in the item pack, the stats are lower and its not “Fiendish”
- It will be a full year before this is brought back
- We run the risk that next Halloween new and different items will be offered and the old ones then will be crazy rare
- The low levels now will be high levels in time and by that time they would have lost the chance to farm for this
- Some people just collect things

What do you guys think?

Arterra
10-27-2010, 08:27 PM
give it 4 months, and bump this thread. until then 50k max.

FluffNStuff
10-27-2010, 08:33 PM
Recently I have seen individual Halloween Pinks go for 10K to 75K… My thoughts are as follows…

I think the individual pinks should sell for at least 100K each and 500K per full level 50 set because:

- the dungeon is too hard for low levels to kill boss and there is no booting in the dungeon so a low level cannot farm quickly without a higher lvl in game to get a pink
- not a lot of high levels go farm for this for whatever reason and only a few
- time limit on the dungeon before its taken out
- its rare even though its not practical to use for normal farming (as stats are cr@p)
- Even if you get a pink in the item pack, the stats are lower and its not “Fiendish”
- It will be a full year before this is brought back
- We run the risk that next Halloween new and different items will be offered and the old ones then will be crazy rare
- The low levels now will be high levels in time and by that time they would have lost the chance to farm for this
- Some people just collect things

What do you guys think?

There are only like 5 items. The stats are awful so the greens and purples are essentially the same as pinks (especially considering the greens and purples look exactly the same, and they are primarily for looks). Therefore, EVERYONE gets one every time the boss is killed, and 10 runs through max and you have them all. So you are saying that a set that takes like 10 simple runs through an easy dungeon should be worth more then say, a void or rift piece that you can kill a boss over a hundred times (I have, easily) and consider yourself lucky to get even one? Let me guess, you are trying to sell ...

Gamelova
10-27-2010, 08:42 PM
I have done it like over 30 and still no full set.

Inching
10-27-2010, 08:43 PM
There are only like 5 items. The stats are awful so the greens and purples are essentially the same as pinks (especially considering the greens and purples look exactly the same, and they are primarily for looks). Therefore, EVERYONE gets one every time the boss is killed, and 10 runs through max and you have them all. So you are saying that a set that takes like 10 simple runs through an easy dungeon should be worth more then say, a void or rift piece that you can kill a boss over a hundred times (I have, easily) and consider yourself lucky to get even one? Let me guess, you are trying to sell ...

hahaha nono I'm not trying to sell ... I would if someone offered a stupid price but I was just thinking as I get asked like a million times in game if I can sell ...

You know being a lvl 50 is not all they great because everytime I'm in town I get asked PM from lower level players to, sell my stuff, asking for stuff, asking for gold, asking for this and that....

Seeing how I dont really know the correct pricing of this stuff I wanted the community to help price these things. Im just gonna put it in the stash and forget about it...

Its funny now I try to dress down in town and not deck out in full lvl 50 gear so I dont get asked stuff... funny

Gamelova
10-27-2010, 08:45 PM
I'd say 100k per piece lvl 45 2 years, 200k lvl 50 each piece 2 years.
500k lvl 45 set 5 years max, -1.500 mil lvl 50 set in 5 years.
Lol Just Kidding.. Maybe.. seems pretty good to me.

Inching
10-27-2010, 08:48 PM
I'd say 100k per piece lvl 45 2 years, 200k lvl 50 each piece 2 years.
500k lvl 45 set 5 years max, -1.500 mil lvl 50 set in 5 years.
Lol Just Kidding.. Maybe.. seems pretty good to me.

u have the full lvl 50 set now right? I gave u the lvl 45 bow which i assume u also have the full lvl 45 set also right? If u missing something let me know.. if i get extra I'll give u

FluffNStuff
10-27-2010, 08:48 PM
hahaha nono I'm not trying to sell ... I would if someone offered a stupid price but I was just thinking as I get asked like a million times in game if I can sell ...

You know being a lvl 50 is not all they great because everytime I'm in town I get asked PM from lower level players to, sell my stuff, asking for stuff, asking for gold, asking for this and that....

Seeing how I dont really know the correct pricing of this stuff I wanted the community to help price these things. Im just gonna put it in the stash and forget about it...

If funny now I try to dress down in town and not deck out in full lvl 50 gear so I dont get asked stuff... funny

Got a level 37 swamp guy that I call my lux player. It is an int warrior with a dreamers mojo wand (same stats as the dreamers dark wand, just way more expensive and rare), a dreamers witch toad tiara (the dead frog hat) and a copperhead voodoo doll (the dead baby shield). I used to get BARRAGED in town AND IN GAME with offers to buy. Even got kicked out of a couple games because I would not sell to the host. So yeah, it can get annoying.

Inching
10-27-2010, 08:50 PM
Got a level 37 swamp guy that I call my lux player. It is an int warrior with a dreamers mojo wand (same stats as the dreamers dark wand, just way more expensive and rare), a dreamers witch toad tiara (the dead frog hat) and a copperhead voodoo doll (the dead baby shield). I used to get BARRAGED in town AND IN GAME with offers to buy. Even got kicked out of a couple games because I would not sell to the host. So yeah, it can get annoying.

I wear a rainbow robe with my head phones and holding a broom which i got from an item pack.. this is saved as my "Town" profile.... so sad I feel like super hero in disguise by day and in the nigh time I'm full on Cosmo set farming the Keeper hahahahah

Gamelova
10-27-2010, 08:52 PM
u have the full lvl 50 set now right? I gave u the lvl 45 bow which i assume u also have the full lvl 45 set also right? If u missing something let me know.. if i get extra I'll give u

No I don't have full set.. stop thinking that lol.
I need lvl 50 Fiendish Broom

Gamelova
10-27-2010, 08:54 PM
I wear a rainbow robe with my head phones and holding a broom which i got from an item pack.. this is saved as my "Town" profile.... so sad I feel like super hero in disguise by day and in the nigh time I'm full on Cosmo set farming the Keeper hahahahah

I'll make sure I tell that to every noob I meet lol.
Just kidding.

Inching
10-27-2010, 08:56 PM
I'll make sure I tell that to every noob I meet lol.
Just kidding.

you evil man

Gamelova
10-27-2010, 08:59 PM
Lol read the "Just kidding" part, don't make me change my mind.

Inching
10-27-2010, 09:02 PM
Lol read the "Just kidding" part, don't make me change my mind.

meet me in Pvp tonight and I'll show you who's boss... criteria for both: no armor, no shields/ bracers, no helms and armor.. fist fight~!!! Bring it~!

Gamelova
10-27-2010, 09:06 PM
Can't doing homework right now and its late and got to go to bed.

Gamelova
10-27-2010, 09:08 PM
ROFL You would just freeze me and weaken me up with spells and blast me with ur powerful spells and I'd be dead, its so easy to kill a bear, anyone can do it.

Arterra
10-27-2010, 09:13 PM
WARBIRD FTW
ou yea, my friends fight for me... find (my) source of quote and get a pink.

OFFTOPIC IS OFFTOPIC LOLwut?

Duke
10-28-2010, 07:56 AM
I've got a full set of all four level 50 pinks. I'll take 500k for the set right now, if you honestly believe it's worth it.

CanonicalKoi
10-28-2010, 10:07 AM

Ah, the ever-popular, "do you have any free stuff I can have?", and, when the answer's no, followed by, "gimme some gold" routine? Yeah, love that. :rolleyes:

SlipperyJim
10-28-2010, 01:46 PM
Before I got her up to lvl 45 (with full Mynas gear), my Elf was wearing some sweet Swamps stuff. The highlights were Mamboza's Fire Pin and Copperhead's Voodoo Doll. (I won them in a forum contest (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?2168-Promo-Contest-Winners-Announced).) Every game that Atropos joined would generate at least one offer to buy her gear, usually the Doll. It was flattering at first, but it got old after a while.

Nobody ever booted me to declining to sell. That would have been truly rude!

Melange
10-28-2010, 02:47 PM
They aren't rare at all right now, why would someone pay 100k + to get a "collectors item only" pink which they can currently get by farming the dungeon for an hour or two? Or get a visually identical green version within 5 runs, or just beg for the green in town?

Give it 6 months and they will become rare and set their own prices.
I'm saving my "investment" cash for picking up bargains in the inevitable market price dip in the weeks after the new trade house. Everyone unloading stockpile will see prices crash temporarily (and flood the forums with crying over it).

Inching
10-28-2010, 07:34 PM
ya im saving all the purples and greens for the halloween stuff.... a few months down i'll just be wearing it and a noob will ask to buy it.. then I say its only a green and he wont care cause it looks good muhhhaaaaaaaaaa

kurl
10-28-2010, 07:41 PM
Ive got 4 setf paid and full! and 2 lv 45 gruesome pumpkin chunkers which dont drop any more !

Kossi
10-28-2010, 08:05 PM
in 1 year, all pinks will be over 1m. ill bet you 1m

Azrael
10-29-2010, 04:46 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e5/Lonesome_George_-Pinta_giant_tortoise_-Santa_Cruz.jpg

This is the Pinta island tortoise. He's the last remaining member of his subspecies and the "rarest animal in the world".

Why do i bring this up you ask? Well, let me ask you this: "Would you pay 500,000 dollars for his drops?"

Rare or not, crap is crap. Most people (hey, there are some sickos out there) don't pay top dollar for crap.

Kossi
10-29-2010, 04:49 PM
poor turtle :/

Royce
10-29-2010, 04:51 PM
Rare or not, crap is crap. Most people (hey, there are some sickos out there) don't pay top dollar for crap.

Hmmm... Kite shield craze ring any bells? Anyway, I think that tortoise is awesome.

Azrael
10-29-2010, 05:07 PM
Hmmm... Kite shield craze ring any bells? Anyway, I think that tortoise is awesome.

oh.. im well aware there are plenty of people who want rare items in this game for no reason. Oddly enough the kite shield craze was also because it was a PL shield with no PL. The big thing is that there is a lack of content, if people had lots to do they wouldn't have time for this kind of stuff. If everyone in a consumer society like the united states owned everything there was to buy, i'm sure they would start buying weird rare stuff as well. There is also a bit of "graal cosplay" going on in all this.

And yes the tortoise is awesome, they are searching for a possible mate on the island.

Melange
10-29-2010, 05:07 PM

I think if devs put 10 turtle crap helmets into the game they would sell for millions, even if they had negative stats.
They could even sell them for 500 plat and someone would buy it just to walk around town wearing a poo on their head.

People wanted to pay millions for a graphics error purple cube a month ago.

Azrael
10-29-2010, 05:09 PM
I think if devs put 10 turtle crap helmets into the game they would sell for millions, even if they had negative stats.
They could even sell them for 500 plat and someone would buy it just to walk around town wearing a poo on their head.

/facepalm....

though sadly you are probably right.

FluffNStuff
10-29-2010, 05:18 PM

OMG, are you selling a CUBE????

Royce
10-29-2010, 05:47 PM
I will pay 1000 plat for the default object, no 10000 plat!

CanonicalKoi
10-29-2010, 06:17 PM

I don't know about millions or turtle poop, but somebody paid €124,000 or $172,942.81 (at today's exchange rate) for a can of human feces labelled as "art". Google up artist, Piero Manzoni to read the whole story. People will pay high prices for anything perceived as rare, whether it's a manufactured rarity like game items or diamonds or an actual rarity like an original Da Vinci. Maybe they just like it and are willing to pay a high price to possess it or maybe they like the supposed status they get from owning something only a few can afford--who knows?

BeardedBear
10-29-2010, 06:19 PM
I think part of the issue if the few people who are "setting the bar" for items that are straight up crap. Everyone follows suit and before you know it, people are paying tons of money for a totally non-useful item they can look "cool" in. If I find out who started the silly swamp kite shield craze, I'll kill em! I will! Hey look at me in my non PL shield, kind of look of like. I'm so l33t!

CanonicalKoi
10-29-2010, 07:12 PM
I think part of the issue if the few people who are "setting the bar" for items that are straight up crap. Everyone follows suit and before you know it, people are paying tons of money for a totally non-useful item they can look "cool" in. If I find out who started the silly swamp kite shield craze, I'll kill em! I will! Hey look at me in my non PL shield, kind of look of like. I'm so l33t!

Well, I've got one, but it was a drop--a greenie, Ursan Shield (? I'd have to dig it out of my stash to get the name.). I was using it since it was the best shield I had at the time and every time I went into Forest Haven, I got bombarded by offers. I didn't want to sell it--I was *using* it! Lol!