PDA

View Full Version : Asian based server.

Ellyidol
10-27-2010, 09:23 PM
Hey guys.

I don't know if its an option for sts to have an asian server where areas like myself (aus) can connect to? I get constant 300-500 ping and it might be the reason why myself and other friends experience lag or graphic lag in the iPad.

I wouldn't know how much it costs for that extra server as i know sts isn't that huge yet. Just wanted to know if it was an option or such?

Let me know if you have any suggestions to improve my ping too! Would appreciate it much :) thanks!!!

Arterra
10-27-2010, 09:26 PM
in this server you can write characters (Chinese/korean/japanese/etc). I occasionally come across people speaking in phonetics for whatever language it is... :/ odd way around it. reaches farther than that fnordic thing i suppose too.

Ellyidol
10-27-2010, 09:31 PM
in this server you can write characters (Chinese/korean/japanese/etc). I occasionally come across people speaking in phonetics for whatever language it is... :/ odd way around it. reaches farther than that fnordic thing i suppose too.

No no no you misunderstood. What im trying to ask is mainly for location. Like how players in the US get 100 ping or below, we get 300 above.

Hahaha funny how you said that though :p

MoarPewPew
10-27-2010, 09:37 PM
Well since Spacetime last I heard is located in texas, I doubt that they will get another server let alone a Chinese based one. Fnord was closed and it was us server too. Also If they got another server your characters would not be there due to servers gonto different hardrives. ( or something like that)

This could happen if space-time expands and build a head courters in Asia.

Ellyidol
10-27-2010, 09:48 PM
I don't think my point is getting through. Or i misunderstood myself completely. By a server in this case i mean just a port we can connect to or such to get better ping? Idk if thats possible or such which is why I asked :) i may be mistaken completely and apologise if i am :)

MoarPewPew
10-27-2010, 09:54 PM
I understand. A server is location based, the closer you are
To the main supercomputer receiving our data you connection will improve.

There is one exeption. Some how the space time studio " data transmiter/ reciver increases it's speed, and your ISP is faster too. ISP is internet service provider.

Ellyidol
10-27-2010, 10:02 PM
I understand. A server is location based, the closer you are
To the main supercomputer receiving our data you connection will improve.

There is one exeption. Some how the space time studio " data transmiter/ reciver increases it's speed, and your ISP is faster too. ISP is internet service provider.

I see. Yeah that's what I meant, the location. Would it be possible for just a server where the data is stored? Not another branch per se.

MoarPewPew
10-27-2010, 10:09 PM
It could be possible, but very unlikely. Also a game translation would have to be made so it could appeal other people aswell.

I do not see this in the near or distant future. But I'm sure space-time does have the money. They were very happy to share how much money they had to invest in the technology. (ten ton hammer) I think that's were I hear this from

Ellyidol
10-27-2010, 10:17 PM
It could be possible, but very unlikely. Also a game translation would have to be made so it could appeal other people aswell.

I do not see this in the near or distant future. But I'm sure space-time does have the money. They were very happy to share how much money they had to invest in the technology. (ten ton hammer) I think that's were I hear this from

True. Just wishful thinking i guess :p

Im just dreading the though of when i go home, where i know the net isn't as fast as here, how sucky my ping will be lol

Necrobane
10-27-2010, 10:46 PM
I would LOVE this. I like you Elly live in Australia and the bad ping sometimes makes it very hard to compete with other players. Especialy in PvP ex. Buffing up just before your oponent hits you.

chriscw97
10-28-2010, 07:14 AM
Well i live in Asia and sometimes my ping reaches over 100,000!!!!!!!!!!
No joke!

Justg
10-28-2010, 08:05 AM
300-500 ping is great, the game should play just fine like that. The graphical lag issues are something else though. We may have gone a bit too particle-happy in heavy combat and we are looking into ways to optimize it.

Arterra
10-28-2010, 08:11 AM
= ao3 skill spamming much?

Ellyidol
10-28-2010, 08:23 AM
300-500 ping is great, the game should play just fine like that. The graphical lag issues are something else though. We may have gone a bit too particle-happy in heavy combat and we are looking into ways to optimize it.

Thanks very much for the confirmation :)

= ao3 skill spamming much?

In the vid? I hoped it was spamming, as i wanted to show what happens. And that was just me spamming :p

FluffNStuff
10-28-2010, 09:52 AM
Well i live in Asia and sometimes my ping reaches over 100,000!!!!!!!!!!
No joke!

I live in DC (US) and sometimes my ping hits 25000 (25 seconds) so optimization problems exist across the globe.

BTW, I play with a lot of people from Asia and Australia, so would be sad if they were not on the same server.