PDA

View Full Version : 1-on-1 PvP Arena where other players can watch and cheer the fights!!

Energizeric
08-10-2013, 03:05 AM
Here is my next great idea... I think :eagerness:...

1) There should be a 1-on-1 Death Match PvP Arena. It should consist of a single large room, much like the spawn room in the CTF map, but styled more like the Gladiator Arena.

2) Other players will be allowed to join the game, but as audience members where they can watch the fights and also type their comments in the chat log (just as if they were in town). The audience members will see from the perspective as if they were standing in the center of the arena with a wide angle view (zoom function all the way out), but of course they would just be watching the action and would not have a visual of their own character. This would be fun for tournaments or just watching some of the pro players fight it out.

3) This "Death Match Arena" will be located in the Great City of Kraag, and will have 2 entrances next to each other -- 1 for the fighters and 1 for the audience members.

4) If you enter the fighters entrance, you will be placed in a random game where another player is waiting for an opponent. If no such games exist, you will be placed in a new game where you will wait for an opponent to join. if your friend wants to fight you, he can press the "join" button on the friends list and can become your opponent.

5) If you join a party and then enter the fighters entrance, you will be placed in a new game, and only another member of your party will be able to enter as your opponent -- much the same way the party function works in PvE dungeons.

6) Players who enter the audience entrance will be placed in the audience of a random match.

7) If you press the "join" button on the friends list, and your friend is currently in a match, it will give you the option of joining the audience for that match (or becoming his opponent if he does not yet have one).

8) For 30 seconds before each fight, a force field will divide the room (similar to the force field that closes off the spawn room before a CTF match starts). During this time, both players will be returned to full health and mana. There will be a countdown like in the Gladiator Arena, and when it says "Go", the force field will drop and the fight will begin.

9) When the fight is over, after a small delay both players will be returned to their original spawn position, and the force field will reappear for 30 seconds again.

10) The death match ends when one player reaches 10 kills.

11) When the match is over, the loser is booted from the arena and becomes an audience member. Then any audience member (including the loser from the previous match) has the opportunity to join the next match and face the winner of the previous match. If nobody from the audience joins after 30 seconds, then the game will become open again for a new player who enters the fighters entrance to join the fight.

Anyone like the sound of this??

Alhuntrazeck
08-10-2013, 03:58 AM
I like it! the audience thing esp. seems like a great idea. I'd love to have 4 others cheer me on :p

GoodSyntax
08-10-2013, 08:22 PM
I like the idea as well....

As if there isn't enough talk of noob, haxor, i wasn't ready, lag, ribbit, etc., now we can hear the same thing en masse from the crowd.

I do love the concept, and the trash talk from the crowd just adds an extra dimension of excitement.

Also, would be cool to issue 2v1 challenges, add elementals like pumpkins, spiders, etc, as a possibility. Could be super awesome!

Soundlesskill
08-10-2013, 09:25 PM
Lol I mean on my thread... Link peeps to here. Not start a thread

Taejo
08-10-2013, 09:46 PM
Sounds good, but maybe best 2 out of 3 or best 3 out of 5 kills is better. Imagine how long some warrior vs. warrior matches will take if we have to wait for 10 kills.

Energizeric
08-10-2013, 09:48 PM
Sounds good, but maybe best 2 out of 3 or best 3 out of 5 kills is better. Imagine how long some warrior vs. warrior matches will take if we have to wait for 10 kills.

Good point. I suppose that you can make up your own rules with someone and only play best of 5 and then leave if you want. You seem to be thinking in terms of a tournament, I'm thinking more in terms of just playing against your friends for practice, and it would probably become annoying if you had to start a new match every 3 kills.

Energizeric
08-11-2013, 09:12 PM
Nobody else likes the idea? I thought this would be pretty popular.

Alfai
08-11-2013, 09:48 PM
Why these sound familiar?

Anyway i do support hvg a separate duel room with spectators just like arena.although the desired mechanics need to be thought still.

Like kali suggestion except for such duel the insight might be to flash skills builds etc etc hence having distraction as such might trigger another reason to blame..tho its nice to have spiders there lol

Taejo
08-11-2013, 10:26 PM
Nobody else likes the idea? I thought this would be pretty popular.

I'm sure a lot of people would like this, but don't use the forums. I asked 3 people today who rarely use the forums and they'd like to see something like this implemented.

Soundlesskill
08-12-2013, 01:10 PM
No chatbox.
"Yay lets cheer for your friend" lets re-phrase "Yay, lets call the guys who won over your friend a fcking loser with no skills and fukl mythic"

NO CHATBOX

The one in CTF is bad enough

Jexetta
08-12-2013, 04:35 PM
Energi - I totally support your idea. There are many opportunities to explode with pvp and I've always thought a 1 vs 1 arena would be a fun one. +1 to your suggestions as usual.

All the above being said, I still probably wouldn't do a 1vs1 very much. I personally would prefer a 2vs2 or 3vs3 arena that was around the same size or a little bigger version of the shuyal arena. I just like team play much more - 1 vs 1 has the opportunity to become stale quicker due to the limited 1 vs 1 combinations. With 2vs or 3vs you have a more dynamic environment simply due to player combinations.

Cero
08-12-2013, 08:02 PM
more pvp content not just pve.

tyvm

Chaim Nail
08-12-2013, 10:24 PM
A Thunderdome? :D

TWO MAN ENTER! ONE MAN LEAVE!

BTW, I wonder what the new Mad Max film is going to be like...

Szangheili
08-13-2013, 04:21 AM
This is simply.... Awesome! I like both the spectator idea and the gladiator like fighting! Well, hope to see this in game! Then we can officially say "1v1 me" :3

Tama Kino
08-13-2013, 06:06 AM
Man I think this would have to be the best thing Ive heard since New Zealand won the Rugby Union World Cup, joking to all those Australians that might have taken it to heart. LoL, anyways I do think this is a great idea, be able to just have a good old 1 vs 1 instead of 3 people finally beating you & then thinking that their skillz are on par with your own, then when you do beat them 1 on 1 you are Mr Haxor with L33T Haxor Skillz or hang on a minute - you could always get this scenario, tis one of my favourites. Duel begins, you & enemy are trading blows & you feel you are going quite well. All of a sudden this happens (Enemy 'Stop, stop !!!'), (You 'No reply & carry on hoping for a kill'), Enemy dies, (Enemy 'I told you to stop, my heal failed. Thats why you won.'), (You 'Chuckle to yourself'), normally it goes along this path or if the enemy is lucky enough you end up stopping because you have been trying for too long to kill him without giving the game away that you REALLY did hear him say stop. I kid you not, I know a person in level 21 PvP who pulls this crap all the time, I wont name names but obviously he knows who he is & I now dont take up his offers for a duel because as soon as he feels its not going that well for him its 'Stop stop, my heal failed'. LoL - what a joke.

Anyway sorry for going off track a little there, like I was saying before. Love the idea - really hope StS gets this implemented sooner rather then later. Ka huri au ki te reo tuatahi, kia kaha, kia maia, kia manawanui...

Energizeric
08-13-2013, 03:24 PM
This idea would obviously be a major undertaking for STS, so I doubt it is something that would come in the immediate future, but if enough people respond positively to this thread, perhaps we will see this sometime in the future. :)

Szangheili
08-13-2013, 03:28 PM
Although I don't really PvP much, I would love to see this happen :) Maybe then I'll PvP a little more than now :3

blueseraphim
08-14-2013, 01:24 AM
Checkout my post on something similar to this but using existing areas. I just posted then saw this lol

Osabevie
08-14-2013, 05:02 AM
I love the idea :)

Energizeric
12-18-2014, 02:53 PM
bump

Artoholics
12-18-2014, 03:01 PM
Energizeric i think this is one of the best idea an AL player ever had. Judt awesome [emoji1]

davidvilla
12-26-2014, 06:29 AM
Great idea. would be better if that arena accept same level players so that fair match is established.

UndeadJudge
12-26-2014, 11:01 AM
Great idea. would be better if that arena accept same level players so that fair match is established.

Probably 1 level above or below the creator of the room.

I have to say, I always enjoy finding your suggestion threads. Off the top of my head, I can't see any real issues with it. Perhaps this will later lead into STS making a spectate button for matches...

Anyways, great idea. +1

Raselph
12-28-2014, 02:10 AM
Woot

Cee Reel
12-28-2014, 03:05 AM
I want this arrypotta vs itoshi

Energizeric
05-23-2015, 03:01 PM
Seems there is renewed interest in this again...

Zylx
05-24-2015, 03:48 AM
How would you suggest we deter the dummy farmers?

SacredKnight
05-24-2015, 04:31 AM
How would you suggest we deter the dummy farmers?

Hmm, maybe make it that both parties have to actively use their attack skills or they will get kicked (There will be like 2 warnings to eliminate accidents)?

Also might I add, could we have pure PvP arena where both players have equally matched gear/pet or they can choose items purely for the match (Includes passives and etc.) so it's a battle of skill, not bank accounts?

Maunyabastian
05-24-2015, 09:39 AM
^
About your second paragraph,
All of the non-plat users already suggested that including me, where skill > money. It is so fun to watch rich people lose, that doesn't mean they don't have any skill, but just the skilled people don't have the opportunity to be the #1.
Some richies who hate other richies also have suggested it. It is a must.