PDA

View Full Version : It is a puzzlement

CanonicalKoi
10-27-2010, 10:39 PM
Playing around solo in Meathead's Deli, looking for stuff for my PvP guys and the legendary pink lvl 10, something puzzling happened. A lvl 50 player arrived during my fourth or fifth go-round. Then he sends me a PM saying, "boot me pls". Why? The only possibilities I can come up with are:

1. He's on the forum and read all the posts regarding booting and doesn't want to feel left out.
2. He's promised to cut down on his playing time and can't think of another way to stop playing for the evening.
3. He's had a burning desire to be booted by a lower-level player (playing my tank).

Can anybody else think of a logical explanation? I didn't boot him--I just sent him a message saying, "Why on earth would I do that?". He left on his own a minute later.

Bludd
10-27-2010, 10:56 PM
hahahahahaha

Iambirdman
10-27-2010, 11:04 PM
He wanted a screen shot of you booting him than posted here and call you names? Lol

Royce
10-27-2010, 11:04 PM
Mynas gener that joined via quick join, and didn't know how to exit on his own until you forced him to figure it out? Anyway, crazy.

setec
10-27-2010, 11:20 PM
Dev using a non-Dev account to test the Boot. Or, he has never been booted before in the game but wanted to comment on the recent boot threads. He needed the experience of being booted so as to have an opinion on the matter.

smoae
10-28-2010, 12:09 AM
OMG same exact thing happened to me in balefort. He said boot me pls. I said why? Then he said so that he could join another game. No idea what he meant, so I just booted him. That's weird...

CanonicalKoi
10-28-2010, 09:52 AM
Was it Anglfyr or something like that? That was mine, anyway and I'm sorry I didn't get a screenshot--too busy going, "Wha.....?????"

Royce
10-28-2010, 09:57 AM
Maybe this guy just hates himself, and wants to be punished. I bet he also hosts PvP maps, and then just sits there waiting to be killed...

CanonicalKoi
10-28-2010, 10:02 AM
<bad Austrian accent> Vat ve have here is a zeriouz caze of self-hatred. Tell me, how do you feel about your mutter und your fader?</bad Austrian accent>

Snakespeare
10-28-2010, 10:08 AM
Oh wow, koi, king & I reference as well as correct locale of Herr professor's studio. I shouldn't be surprised, but that's cool!

Royce
10-28-2010, 10:11 AM
Oh wow, koi, king & I reference... but that's cool!

I'm not sure if "cool" is really the best word for it...
;)

CanonicalKoi
10-28-2010, 12:41 PM
I'm not sure if "cool" is really the best word for it...
;)

"Nerdy", maybe? ;)

I am the very model of a modern Mage with wand in hand,
I've been from Coney Island to the sands of the old Samarkand,
Long have I studied Physick and the code of numerology,
Gazed upon the planets, stars, and moons as far as human eye can see.
I've read the palms of kings, a duke and even a rhinoceros,
Studied the phrenology of pygmies and hippopotamus,
In short, in matters scary, magical and toxins in a gland,
I am the very model of a modern Mage with wand in hand.

(with deepest apologies to Messrs. Gilbert and Sullivan)

Royce
10-28-2010, 12:49 PM
"Nerdy", maybe? ;)

I am the very model of a modern Mage with wand in hand,
I've been from Coney Island to the sands of the old Samarkand,
Long have I studied Physick and the code of numerology,
Gazed upon the planets, stars, and moons as far as human eye can see.
I've read the palms of kings, a duke and even a rhinoceros,
Studied the phrenology of pygmies and hippopotamus,
In short, in matters scary, magical and toxins in a gland,
I am the very model of a modern Mage with wand in hand.

(with deepest apologies to Messrs. Gilbert and Sullivan)

Lmao :D
If that wasn't so long, I'd put it in my sig.

smoae
10-28-2010, 10:59 PM
Was it Anglfyr or something like that? That was mine, anyway and I'm sorry I didn't get a screenshot--too busy going, "Wha.....?????"

OMG mine was anglfyr. That's so wired I don't get what he was trying to do...

Raxie
10-28-2010, 11:04 PM
you guys don't know about this? there's a special program and if someone boots you, you get 1 gold.

CanonicalKoi
10-29-2010, 07:26 AM
OMG mine was anglfyr. That's so wired I don't get what he was trying to do...

That is just too weird. Bonus points for the guy, anyway--he did say, "pls" both times, so he's polite. Confused, maybe, but polite. :)

And Raxie, I ain't buying it. If the reward was a cookie, now, or even a pony.......

Raxie
10-29-2010, 07:50 AM
sometimes, you can get ponies! only if you are lucky, though.

anglfyr
10-30-2010, 06:34 PM
hey stop talking about me hahaha and for your information i am not a HE.

Royce
10-30-2010, 07:02 PM

OMG, I played with you the other day and the name was familiar, but I didn't connect it to this thread. Anyway, solve the mystery for us please :)

CanonicalKoi
10-30-2010, 08:07 PM
My apologies. I was using "he" as the generic pronoun. And I'm with Royce--why the boot requests?

Arterra
10-30-2010, 08:14 PM

I guess this is the classic story of "Girl/Guy-in-deep-water-somehow-lv50-with-no-recollection-of-how-he-got-there-taking-the-easy-way-out-the-hard-way"

Arterra
10-30-2010, 08:34 PM
wait, unlimited what? i dont understand... :/

CanonicalKoi
10-30-2010, 08:36 PM
I didn't get it either, though it's been fun anagramming it to see if there's a message hidden in there. ;)

anglfyr
10-31-2010, 12:13 AM
juz mind ur freakin business. if u have common sense enough. u will know why im requestin to get booted out.

is it
a: i dont wanna play with u bec ur look retarded
b. i dont wanna play wid u bec ur lame
c. ure weak and noob
d. all of above

Royce
10-31-2010, 12:32 AM
juz mind ur freakin business. if u have common sense enough. u will know why im requestin to get booted out.

is it
a: i dont wanna play with u bec ur look retarded
b. i dont wanna play wid u bec ur lame
c. ure weak and noob
d. all of above

Wow
A) A little harsh
B) You can press your name, then the back arrow in the dropdown, 2 buttons and exit a map ;)
C) FYI you're calling people noobs for assuming you know the basics...

anglfyr
10-31-2010, 12:33 AM
its rude to talk about people. get a life people.

and for smoae - i deleted u to my friend's list, i was askin u
to boot me coz we wer friends, i thought ur a nice guy and i keep on joinin ur s2pid castle
farming game thats why i requested for u to boot me out IN A NICE WAY..

coz wenever i tap on d quick play
I land -> Dark Forest world <- - people farming weak zombies (even if they are at level 50).

then i tap on d quick play again, Landed -> Lost expedition or Balefort castle. Hahaha.

Well if u dnt knw it people if u tap -> Quick Play <- its a random game and if u end up on that place over and over again with same person
of course and you requested to be kick out and u tap on the Quick play again you will not go back to the previous random place again.

Its just a matter of common sense. Why you will make this as a BIG DEAL. hahaha. Like i said. Get a freakin LIFE, if u dont have one and LEAVE ME ALONE.

Royce
10-31-2010, 12:41 AM
Its just a matter of common sense. Why you will make this as a BIG DEAL.

Because:

B) You can press your name, then the back arrow in the dropdown, 2 buttons and exit a map
So it's exactly because it makes no common sense to ask to be booted (far more than 2 buttons) that people were so perplexed by the situation ;)

anglfyr
10-31-2010, 12:44 AM
well i know that. what is it to you if i want to get booted out?
if ur jealous do the same and leave me alone.

Arterra
10-31-2010, 09:29 AM
who uses quick play? :/

CanonicalKoi
10-31-2010, 09:59 AM
who uses quick play? :/

Never used it. Oddly, though I may be a "noob", I know how to exit an area without having to be booted. I also know how to join games to get to an area I want to be. Even, *gasp* host them so I need have no fears of who I might wind up with. And Twink? This'd be a pretty good example of trolling. Note the accusations of "noob" and "retarded" rather than just asnwering the question? Throw in accusations of "jealousy" and you've got a positive trifecta.

jonboy
10-31-2010, 03:56 PM
Maybe we should just get off her cloud. :)