PDA

View Full Version : mage arcane weapon

Azemeazed
08-11-2013, 10:17 AM
since it will be staff (based on rogue myth bow and arcane hooks, and warrs myth shield and arcane hammer) i wanted to give some suggestions for its look.
it would be very cool if it looks like lightsaber from star wars.
it would fit very well with new shuyal gear and hopefully upcoming vanity sets.
lightsaber should glow red when in pvp zone, green when in town and blue when in pve maps.
stats on it i leave to you sts couse its not my area, but it would be also very cool if it gives 10% instant death in pve like samael :-)

JaytB
08-11-2013, 12:14 PM
A lightsaber? If they'd make the sorcerers green too everyone will call themselves Yoda.

Seriously though, I honestly hope it's an AoE gun instead of a staff.

Energizeric
08-11-2013, 02:36 PM
I think it's pretty obvious it will be a staff. The big question is if it will actually be useful for PvP. Sorcerers prefer guns because you don't have to aim them which is a big advantage in PvP.

Most staffs shoot a beam of light in the direction you are facing. Someone had posted a really good idea a while back, which was that STS should make a staff that shoots a beam of light a full 360 degrees. That way aiming it becomes unnecessary. I hope STS read that post and has chosen that path.

Desperoto
08-11-2013, 02:39 PM
A lightsaber? Sorry but this is Arcane Legends, Not Star wars

JaytB
08-11-2013, 03:29 PM
I think it's pretty obvious it will be a staff. The big question is if it will actually be useful for PvP. Sorcerers prefer guns because you don't have to aim them which is a big advantage in PvP.

Most staffs shoot a beam of light in the direction you are facing. Someone had posted a really good idea a while back, which was that STS should make a staff that shoots a beam of light a full 360 degrees. That way aiming it becomes unnecessary. I hope STS read that post and has chosen that path.

I could live with a 360 degrees staff... Or, as said already, a badazz AoE gun :D

Alfred Emmanuel Tanopo
08-11-2013, 09:29 PM
A lightsaber? If they'd make the sorcerers green too everyone will call themselves Yoda.

We'll start seeing mages with names:
Yoda (lucky for him if he's the first one)
then a lot lixe
Yooda, Xyodax, Yodaa, Iyodal and so on...