PDA

View Full Version : Solution to the Re-Roll & Leprechaun complaints

Shallows
08-11-2013, 03:41 PM
We already have luck elixirs in AL but I remember back in PL they had a 100% re-roll elixir, why not implement that in AL aswell?

Spyce
08-11-2013, 03:43 PM
Wrong section but I like this idea.
It costs 20 platinum in PL but for elixir.

Shallows
08-11-2013, 03:48 PM
Wrong section but I like this idea.
It costs 20 platinum in PL but for elixir.

I posted it in the feedback section but no one looks at it :p

& ya 20platnium would be fair because current luck elixir is 25% for 4plat so 4x4 is 16 (for 100%) so they wouldn't charge 16 they would round it up to 20 but I would totally pay 20plat for 100% reroll for 30m

Energizeric
08-11-2013, 05:44 PM
Not a good idea. In PL in order to make up for the luck rerolls, they had to lower the drop rate on pinks to the point that without a reroll your chances of getting a pink are almost nothing. Otherwise you will end up with pinks falling the way they do in Alien Oasis 3 or Skeller Krunch, and we all know how valuable those pinks are.

Then you will complain that there are no decent items that drop in the dungeons and they are all worth 200 gold.

If they add better luck elixirs, they will have to lower the drop rate accordingly to make up for it. Then it just ends up being a money maker for them as you will need to buy these elixirs.

falmear
08-11-2013, 05:44 PM
I don't know if this is a good idea because what I see them doing is adjusting the drop tables so when you re-roll it doesn't go to a chest/egg/legendary item. Or more frequently gives you a trash pink. What one hand giveth the other taketh away. Getting a re-roll doesn't guarantee you anything so I foresee people crying because they spent 20 plat and got nothing even though it rerolled every time.

Energizeric
08-11-2013, 05:48 PM
I don't know if this is a good idea because what I see them doing is adjusting the drop tables so when you re-roll it doesn't go to a chest/egg/legendary item. Or more frequently gives you a trash pink. What one hand giveth the other taketh away. Getting a re-roll doesn't guarantee you anything so I foresee people crying because they spent 20 plat and got nothing even though it rerolled every time.

Exactly. Remember how locked crates used to guarantee a pink? We see how that turned out. 100% reroll will result in the same thing. People will complain they got nothing of value.

In the end, nobody cares about the color of the items, but what they are worth. You can't get around the laws of economics here. If you increase the drop rate of items, they will be worth less, so in the end you will end up with the same value from farming. There is only so much gold in the game to be spent, and if there are more items, then people will spend less gold on each.

Shallows
08-11-2013, 06:23 PM
Ya I see your guys point, I'm just trying to find a solution, I'm pretty sure we are all tired of the 20posts a day complaining about Re-Rolls personally I think the system is very good if people understood the mechanics of the Re-Roll system, I'm just tired of seeing all these threads about Re-Rolls

Energizeric
08-11-2013, 06:59 PM
Unfortunately there is no solution to that problem unless they eliminated elixirs all together, but they are not going to do that because they make money on that.

At least in AL they implemented the chests which are not affected by rerolls. Because of that, the reroll elixirs have not affected the supply of mythic and arcane items, since they only come out of chests or crates. In PL, the best items just dropped from the bosses, so the reroll elixirs basically ruined the game.

Desperoto
08-14-2013, 06:43 PM
100% luck... Well u can do 10-15 kraken mines runs so 30-45 bosses in 30 minutes SO 30-45 rerolls. How many crates u will get? Maybe 10-20. What will this do with the price from the crates in auction? Maybe they are worth 3-7k...

And now were going to look to the people without platinum, if they loot something... It isn't a lot worth

Meljann
08-14-2013, 07:56 PM
Lol so many vixin eggs with 100% reroll=$$$$$ XD

Alfred Emmanuel Tanopo
08-14-2013, 08:35 PM
no reroll? no problem!

Temarichan
08-14-2013, 10:12 PM
That would plummet the economy into a more sever inflation--"

The value of gold is terrible now anyways

Energizeric
08-14-2013, 10:19 PM
Lol so many vixin eggs with 100% reroll=$$$$$ XD

Perhaps you may want to read the rest of the conversation before posting. LOL

Zanpakuto
08-14-2013, 10:23 PM
Meet, wearing it is still better than none because I don't buy luck reroll with Plat!

Meljann
08-14-2013, 10:38 PM
I agree I don't think it's not a good Idea to have 100% reroll it's going todestroyAL.locke,legendary,egg,etc will be worthless. It's better to keep AL just the way it is :)

Energizeric
08-14-2013, 11:27 PM
Did you ever see the silly Jim Carey movie "Bruce Almighty"??

Jim becomes God for a week and can do whatever he wants with the world. So he decides that he will be nice and grant every wish that comes his way.

Here's a small clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0cG11lTS1E

Apparently a fairly large portion of the population wish to win the lottery. So he grants everyone's wish, and the next day about ten thousand people win the lottery. Of course they are all very happy until they find out that each one of them wins about $5, since that is how much you get when you have to split the jackpot with ten thousand other people. So of course that causes everyone to get angry and riot in the streets.

I know everyone wants to get lucky, but if the odds of you getting lucky are increased, the value of your "jackpot" decreases accordingly.

fumolamota
08-15-2013, 09:15 AM
Simple supply & demand. 100% reroll would increase the supply of items like locked crates, creating a surplus. Prices decline when there is a surplus. Thus, further devaluing gold - as said by Temarichan

Azepeiete
08-15-2013, 09:19 AM
Earning money via farming will always be the same speed, ittl just cost a whole bunch more plat with this idea.