PDA

View Full Version : Show weapons ATK SPD

Alfred Emmanuel Tanopo
08-11-2013, 09:24 PM
its not that necessarily important but for computation purposes, I suggest for weapon's attack speed to be visible.

For example, we all know that (on my case) swords are faster than hammers while hammers give better damages that swords. What I want to know is that:

- Do all swords have the same atk spd? (1hand+shld and 2hand)
- same with the hammers and axes

I think we need this to mathematically compute the chance to proc of a weapon and not solely basing on its damage and DPS. esp since the only thing shown on a weapon is its DPS. (damage isn't even directly shown)

For me it would be better to be something like:
Azgauth's Axe of Fury
- Damage 150
- Atk Spd 1.50 (meaning you'll have 1 attack per 1 1/2 secs)
- DPS 100 (since 150/1.5 =100)

Again, just a suggestion, not necessarily a must but doing so would make things a lot easier for us. Thanks!

Energizeric
08-11-2013, 10:19 PM
It's been suggested before. In PL you can see the weapon speed and the dmg, so you can then figure out the dps. For some odd reason, in AL they just give you the dps which doesn't tell you anything. Yes you can look at the stats preview, but you can't do that if you are a merchant and buying an item not for your class.

Alfred Emmanuel Tanopo
08-11-2013, 10:30 PM
yeah... And its quite annoying to see something rare that you picked up telling you that its better than your top of the line equipped legendary item just because it has higher DPS. It kinda confuses you in which item is really better... the one you read in the forums adviced by co-players based on experience, assumption, or speculation or the one being suggested by the game itself. lol!

But yeah, I guess we could even let go of the DPS stat and just have its raw Damage and ATK SPD then we'll do the computation.
By knowing the attackspd, it somewhat gives us an idea on how much this item procs per given span of time.

Venom
08-12-2013, 01:45 AM
its not that necessarily important but for computation purposes, I suggest for weapon's attack speed to be visible.

For example, we all know that (on my case) swords are faster than hammers while hammers give better damages that swords. What I want to know is that:

- Do all swords have the same atk spd? (1hand+shld and 2hand)
- same with the hammers and axes

I think we need this to mathematically compute the chance to proc of a weapon and not solely basing on its damage and DPS. esp since the only thing shown on a weapon is its DPS. (damage isn't even directly shown)

For me it would be better to be something like:
Azgauth's Axe of Fury
- Damage 150
- Atk Spd 1.50 (meaning you'll have 1 attack per 1 1/2 secs)
- DPS 100 (since 150/1.5 =100)

Again, just a suggestion, not necessarily a must but doing so would make things a lot easier for us. Thanks!

Good suggestion, i thing they can't fit in too much in that lil space over there hence skipped. Anyway, Azgauth's Axe of Fury sounds cool.. Meet me in PvP so i can get a loot drop from you XD

Alfred Emmanuel Tanopo
08-12-2013, 02:12 AM
Good suggestion, i thing they can't fit in too much in that lil space over there hence skipped. Anyway, Azgauth's Axe of Fury sounds cool.. Meet me in PvP so i can get a loot drop from you XD

hmmm... that would be another great PVP idea. HARDCORE PVP mode where there's a chance of losing/dropping one of the items currently equipped.

You can hunt me in CTF beside Onade. lol!

Alrisaia
08-12-2013, 08:24 AM
This is all just a formula...

DPS is an acronym that means "Damage Per Second" knowing 2 of 3 variables is all that's necessary to figure the third.

thus:

(damage) x (attack speed) = (DPS)

plug in your variables and do some pre-algebra math.

You now know your attack speed in terms of # of attacks per second.