PDA

View Full Version : Warrior... Taking on Rogue now...

Tristen (Jao)
08-12-2013, 06:38 AM
Hi Guys,

i have a warrior (Jaoratra) and i now started with a Rogue

but.................................

IM CLUELESS....

Is there anyone that can help me with a build for optimal Performance?

Cant wait to hear from you guys...

Jaoratra

Limsi
08-12-2013, 08:16 AM
PvE or PvP?

Alrisaia
08-12-2013, 08:18 AM
Hi Guys,

i have a warrior (Jaoratra) and i now started with a Rogue

but.................................

IM CLUELESS....

Is there anyone that can help me with a build for optimal Performance?

Cant wait to hear from you guys...

Jaoratra

Are you looking for a PVE or PVP build?

What do you prefer bows or daggers?

Zuzeq
08-12-2013, 11:51 AM
^ This, give us your weapon of choice and purpose. You're in good hands (;

MaddNyce
08-13-2013, 10:47 PM
ive been having this same issue..all i know is to go off with my party spam skills like crazy and eventually die. is there a video on how to use rogue properly in pve or pvp? i think it would help alot..would help me at least lol

another question..is daggers more for mob clearing..it seems tht way from what im seeing in game with other rogues.
i see bow users but they just kite all day and i havent seen any bow users clear mobs quickly yet and thats what i want to learn with my rogue.

Alrisaia
08-14-2013, 09:28 AM
ive been having this same issue..all i know is to go off with my party spam skills like crazy and eventually die. is there a video on how to use rogue properly in pve or pvp? i think it would help alot..would help me at least lol

another question..is daggers more for mob clearing..it seems tht way from what im seeing in game with other rogues.
i see bow users but they just kite all day and i havent seen any bow users clear mobs quickly yet and thats what i want to learn with my rogue.

So - Mob clearing is done a few different ways for rogues - I prefer the Blender (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?110087-Alrisaia-s-Guide-The-Razor-Shield-Blender)- I'm a dagger user and am specced thusly:
AS 5/5
SV 4/5 no explode
RS 4/5 no bleed
Trap 4/5 no explode
Nox 4/5 no radius (for bosses and I swap traps when at boss)

Passives:
Dex 5/5
DMG 3/5

For a bow specced mob clearing rogue - which is certainly possible and actually quite effective - use the Nox Bolt Box (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?109038-The-Nox-Bolt-Box)

moot
08-15-2013, 12:04 AM
Rogue use pot a lot. I mean a lot. So stock up your pot.

Dlanor
08-17-2013, 03:41 PM

So - Mob clearing is done a few different ways for rogues - I prefer the Blender (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?110087-Alrisaia-s-Guide-The-Razor-Shield-Blender)- I'm a dagger user and am specced thusly:
AS 5/5
SV 4/5 no explode
RS 4/5 no bleed
Trap 4/5 no explode
Nox 4/5 no radius (for bosses and I swap traps when at boss)

Passives:
Dex 5/5
DMG 3/5

For a bow specced mob clearing rogue - which is certainly possible and actually quite effective - use the Nox Bolt Box (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?109038-The-Nox-Bolt-Box)

Question.. Why don't you have the bleed effect on razor shield? Is it not worth it? I ask because I have it equipped, but always wondered if I should spend the point somewhere else.

Alrisaia
08-17-2013, 04:23 PM
Rogue use pot a lot. I mean a lot. So stock up your pot.
Moot - It really depends on the run and on your tanks / Crowd control. No tank - have good CC. No CC have good tank. Either way I use about 30 pots per run for health and 50 for mana. Not so bad in the grand scheme of things - I am always in the black farming elites with regards to POTs...

Question.. Why don't you have the bleed effect on razor shield? Is it not worth it? I ask because I have it equipped, but always wondered if I should spend the point somewhere else.

I experimented with the bleed a while back - the dmg it does is so nominal that I didn't feel it was worth that extra point. I'm all about DOTs which is essentially what my build and blender tactic is (I'm a walking AOE DOT)... I just found it more useful spent elsewhere - next free respec weekend I'll experiment some more.

Azepeiete
08-17-2013, 05:27 PM

I'm sorry but in my experience, the nox bolt box is flat out ineffective. I've run it many times, wasted many plats. I find bows much more successful to be used in single target ways.

5 aim
1 pierce
4 nox no radius
4 veil no explode
5 dex int damage passives
Rest your choice, I go crit passives.

The reason I find nox bolt box to be ineffective is that you sometimes lose your aimed stack, and if you use pierce, you DEFINITELY lose it. NO dot is worth 20 crit, absolutely none.

Temarichan
08-17-2013, 10:17 PM
Mine is.. (PvE)

Aimed Shot 5/5
Shadow Veil 4/5 (No explosion)
Shadow Peircer 3/5
Combat medic 3/5

Passives:
Full Dex/Str/Int

All Dex points

moot
08-18-2013, 07:56 AM
Moot - It really depends on the run and on your tanks / Crowd control. No tank - have good CC. No CC have good tank. Either way I use about 30 pots per run for health and 50 for mana. Not so bad in the grand scheme of things - I am always in the black farming elites with regards to POTs...

I'm talking when we run with average players as I ALWAYS take the aggo no matter what class I use (rogue and mage).

Anyway I use Alrisaia build as well works great although I always forgot to change trap to nox at boss.

Tristen (Jao)
09-07-2013, 06:58 AM
Im going to go PVP...
.Thanks for all the comments