View Full Version : Best Pet PVE/PVP

dacma
08-12-2013, 10:54 AM
Hey,

Just wondering now what the best pet for pve is and what the best pet for pvp is for a warrior specced as tank.

With the arrival of abbadon I was wondering if he is worth it to get. I just want to be the best overall tank and want to have the pet that helps out groups the most both in pvp and pve situations.

JaytB
08-12-2013, 11:01 AM
I'd just go for ribbit. It's cheap and buffs your party with 40% crit for 3 seconds. Abaddon isn't really all that good, you might gain armor but you'd loose more HP.

Personally, I use Orion on my warrior. It also buffs the entire party with 10% dmg and I love the look lol.

I'd skip Abaddon, personally I don't think he's worth the 250plat.

dacma
08-13-2013, 10:45 AM
Is Orion better than Ribbit?
Any other good pet options for Warriors, other than Ribbit and Orion?

Alhuntrazeck
08-13-2013, 11:00 AM
Ribbit is good, with its arcane you get to be hardhitting as well as longlastin with its happy bonus.

You couldve also got RM during shark weekend.

Alfred Emmanuel Tanopo
08-13-2013, 11:21 AM
I shuffle malison ribbit and hazel

Spyce
08-13-2013, 12:19 PM
Ribbit and Orion are great buff pets for Warriors.

Taejo
08-13-2013, 12:42 PM
The great thing about being a tank-spec'd warrior is that you can often utilize different pets for different situations. Here's an example from my play style:

Shuyal Arena

Stahl: Ribbit for the party to crit, Nexus to keep up mana or Vixen to move him around
Mardrom: Loki for the heal and to buff the rogues or Dart for the quick CD, 6 second -10% dmg reduction for his AE attack
Rutger: Orion to debuff the illusion clones and to buff the party's dmg or Koko for the added dmg mitigation (I've been testing Dart for this encounter, but it's not working too well)
Glob: Ribbit for the party to crit or Nexus to keep up mana
Mother: Still working with different pets for her - she's not that difficult, but Esteban to keep her attacks down usually helps; Orion is also good
Bloodhammer: Esteban to keep his attacks down or George for a timely stun
Anything with crystals: Hazel or Shiloh for the run speed to get out of the suction and their passive stats are good
Anything with spiders: Snaggletooth for the passive stats and his AE freeze, Frost also works pretty well

My point is, you can make tanking fun by using different pets. When you do this, keep your group in mind as your main priority. Your job is simply keeping them alive by controlling the fight. Buffing them properly to make things seamless is always a positive method to playing.

Xbadboyx
09-06-2013, 08:04 PM
Im using a hybrid build and its usefull:
All str
Use ss 4/5 leave the mana gain
Use cs 2/5 choose staggering blow
Use horn of renew 3/5 increased duration and protective shield
Use vb full
Passives full might /full dmg/full agility/3 knowledge/3 armor or 3 crit
And summon valkin.

U need a special tactic for this build ..which is :
Hit ur target with ss(charged) - normal hit (charged)-sp hit (charged) - normal hit(charged)-ss hit (charged)-normal hit (charged) etc...
In this way u will save mana and u dont need to wait other skills to regain ,no wasting time!.
Have fun!

Kingofdevilz
09-07-2013, 06:29 AM
I recommend Malison for PvE since it equally pumps up your stats, and Nexus for PvP.