PDA

View Full Version : Bear

ToXiiC
08-12-2013, 06:13 PM
What is a great PvE bear build? I would like to use a 2h weaponnif it's viable, any tips?

CrimsonTider
08-12-2013, 06:53 PM
What is a great PvE bear build? I would like to use a 2h weaponnif it's viable, any tips?

A few questions:

1) Are you looking to go to end-game or make a twink for farming?

2) Are you low on gold or do you have enough to buy the "higher end" sets?

3) Is this the first time you have had a bear or have you tried creating one before?

Once we get these initial questions out of the way, then we can focus more on what you are looking for.

xcainnblecterx
08-12-2013, 06:58 PM
^^^^^^^Hes best bear.

ToXiiC
08-12-2013, 08:29 PM

- I am new and would love a good solo character to farm with but also survive end game areas.

- I only have 40k gold in my bank none on my toon.

3) Is this the first time you have had a bear or have you tried creating one before?

- First character at all. Maybe roll with bear or whatever other class someone recommends for a brand new player needing equipment and gold. I love having a good kdr on any mmorpg like this so survivability, both solo and in parties, is a must.

Thanks,
ToXiiC

ToXiiC
08-12-2013, 08:49 PM
- I want a bear that can solo if needed but be successful in groups in endgame as well.
- I am new so low on gold
- this is my first character but would love high dps and good survivability on bosses and mass mobs.

Note: I saw a scythe weapon and am very interested in creating a build around that it was red and on fire, loved it. A build around that weapon would be great but not necessary.

NECROREAPER
08-13-2013, 12:00 AM
- I want a bear that can solo if needed but be successful in groups in endgame as well.
- I am new so low on gold
- this is my first character but would love high dps and good survivability on bosses and mass mobs.

Note: I saw a scythe weapon and am very interested in creating a build around that it was red and on fire, loved it. A build around that weapon would be great but not necessary.

No bear is good with soloing at high levels, only certain bear builds are better for it. Most notably a dex bear will do pretty okay as a solo build, however your survivability wont be too high.

As far as I know, I'm one of the only bears who tanks with a 2H weapon. Tanking while using a 2H weapon gives you greater but slower damage and less armor, however if you know how to use the strengths of a 2H weapon to your advantage, you can out-tank most 1H+Shield bears.

Don't let anyone tell you that you can't tank with a 2H weapon or that you're useless if you do use one, as long as you can *effectively* tank, it doesnt matter what weapon/gear set up you have, thats what most people don't understand.

Cavoc
08-13-2013, 12:26 AM
As a dex bear, it's not as bad at tanking as it may seem. With the swift recurve set (a 2h weapon) you can even out your stats, more than you can with the Phoenix bow. You lose the +20 damage and +10 armor, however your dodge increases, and your armor evens it out.

Granted. You will not be as good of a tank as a savage bear, but you'll be able to tank with your buffs.

With all that being said. You will need a whole lot more money than 40k. I recommend you farm dragon, pray for a drop, sell it and buy your desired set. Or, you can farm blacksmoke with a good party. And farm your set yourself, and later on craft it on your own.

xcainnblecterx
08-13-2013, 09:50 AM
No bear is good with soloing at high levels, only certain bear builds are better for it. Most notably a dex bear will do pretty okay as a solo build, however your survivability wont be too high.

As far as I know, I'm one of the only bears who tanks with a 2H weapon. Tanking while using a 2H weapon gives you greater but slower damage and less armor, however if you know how to use the strengths of a 2H weapon to your advantage, you can out-tank most 1H+Shield bears.

Don't let anyone tell you that you can't tank with a 2H weapon or that you're useless if you do use one, as long as you can *effectively* tank, it doesnt matter what weapon/gear set up you have, thats what most people don't understand.

Well said, brought tears to my eyes

Roberto077
08-13-2013, 10:35 AM
Get rage beckon and stomp and you should be good to go

CrimsonTider
08-13-2013, 11:42 AM
Below is a link to what I would call "THE Beginner's Guide" to playing bear. Some of the gear is not necessary and has changed in validity since this was written, however, it is still the best out there.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?30624-Meet-Mrwallacejr&highlight=mrwallace

billybob1
08-13-2013, 12:08 PM
wut lvl are u currently?