PDA

View Full Version : Player indicators and lobby messages

NoobieTuesday
10-28-2010, 03:02 PM
Anyone know the answer to these two?

1) What do the player indicators (underneath the player name) mean? When I play I can see I have a skull underneath my name, while I see up to 5 for others.

2) How can I reduce the size of the message scroll while in-game? Joining a level from the lobby, often I see the lobby messages take up nearly a third or half of my screen, which usually block the real action taking place since I have to play a distance from the mob.

Thanks in advance.

Royce
10-28-2010, 03:07 PM
1) They are active effects. The skull one is actually a temporary Halloween icon for when you are wearing a plat store costume. The rest are buffs and debuffs (like Rage, Focus, Blessing of Might, etc).
2) Tap the top of the chatbox to toggle between 3 sizes.

Arterra
10-28-2010, 03:46 PM
some buffs and stuff also dont appear on the buff-bar... meditation for birds for example, or the mummy power "fester" in ao3. i think there are more but idk, bleed?

Royce
10-28-2010, 03:50 PM
some buffs and stuff also dont appear on the buff-bar... meditation for birds for example, or the mummy power "fester" in ao3. i think there are more but idk, bleed?

Yeah, I think all the buffs but meditation (which is very short duration anyway) have icons, but not all debuffs do. Actually the dodge buff of taunt and the armor buff of mana shield also don't have icons, but I think that's it for buffs...

Aloha
10-28-2010, 08:11 PM
1) They are active effects. The skull one is actually a temporary Halloween icon for when you are wearing a plat store costume. The rest are buffs and debuffs (like Rage, Focus, Blessing of Might, etc).
2) Tap the top of the chatbox to toggle between 3 sizes.

Does the skull for the halloween event have any effect or is it just for show?

Royce
10-28-2010, 08:17 PM
Does the skull for the halloween event have any effect or is it just for show?

The only "effect" is that you can participate in some halloween quests that you cannot do if you don't have the skull icon. So basically no lol.

spacehamster
01-18-2011, 02:08 PM
Noticed a couple of nights ago that a PL icon appeared in my buff bar. Kinda curious what it was, anybody know?

Arterra
01-18-2011, 02:17 PM
Noticed a couple of nights ago that a PL icon appeared in my buff bar. Kinda curious what it was, anybody know?

YOU HAVE BEEN NOMINATED FOR BEING A MOD nah joking of course lol
very odd actually. i think in ctf i would also notice an emote next to the teamates bar on the left...

Ptoast
01-18-2011, 02:22 PM
I know that you get a PL logo when you get a green orb while fighting Gurgox. Is that where you were when you noticed it?

spacehamster
01-18-2011, 02:37 PM
I know that you get a PL logo when you get a green orb while fighting Gurgox. Is that where you were when you noticed it?

Ah ok, yes it was with gurgox. Mystery solved! Thanks :)