PDA

View Full Version : Random trading in town

AmonRaa
04-29-2010, 11:05 PM
Lots of people have been complaining about the (temporary) trading system, and about how kids are whinning and begging for free gear all over the place.
But today I spent 20min checking out people's gear and sending all-green spare items to them, friending up high level players as I went, and ended up getting a total upgrade of my archer gear :)

it seems like a good bunch of people don't care about rarity and gladly ship back pinks and purples when given a green item that upgrades their stats on the spot. There is also a bunch of people collecting pinks far and wide, ready to trade pink for pink regardless of stats and type.

I'm happily surprised :) The town sounds like kindergarten now, but great trade nonetheless :)

Iscvic
04-30-2010, 05:49 PM
Unfortunately im not 1 to give pinks for greens you have to be very nice or very stupid to do that

PvP
04-30-2010, 05:55 PM
Unfortunately im not 1 to give pinks for greens you have to be very nice or very stupid to do that

As long as you realize nice and stupid are 2 totally different aspects.

jbrulz
04-30-2010, 05:59 PM
i hate people who just go around friending people. somtimes i'll leave my archer in towne with a flashy bow just to see how many stupid people actually do this. at one point i came back and found i had 7 pages of friend requests. deleting 7 pages of requests is suprisingly fast..

AmonRaa
04-30-2010, 10:30 PM
I friend high level dudes who reply to greetings... that shaves off the numbers big time.

I think what happened is that when I gave a piece of gear (say green) that the player could use right away and greatly augment his specs, he felt
like he had to send something back and did so using a decent piece of gear he couldn't use yet.

I suppose it's somewhere between honor and good education. I don't see why you call it being stupid... and if it's a mistake because one has never checked the forums and doesn't know the rarity color code, it's just lack of info, not stupidity either.

jbrulz
05-01-2010, 03:40 PM
I friend high level dudes who reply to greetings... that shaves off the numbers big time.

I think what happened is that when I gave a piece of gear (say green) that the player could use right away and greatly augment his specs, he felt
like he had to send something back and did so using a decent piece of gear he couldn't use yet.

I suppose it's somewhere between honor and good education. I don't see why you call it being stupid... and if it's a mistake because one has never checked the forums and doesn't know the rarity color code, it's just lack of info, not stupidity either.

no no you've misunderstood what i was saying. i can understand them being greatful for you giving them stuff but what i hate is the random friend requests. example: you go to towne to buy somthing and don't say a word. then you get a request.then another. and another. it's idiotic and annoying

HectorCruz
05-03-2010, 12:20 AM
...and then you run into Santaclauss who just gives everyone stuff. And yes, I too hate getting random friend invites. I will usually accept them to make them feel good about themselves, and then delete a minute later. Also I regularly remove anyone who is clearly inactive.

AmonRaa
05-03-2010, 02:23 AM
lol yeah, i get 4-5 requests JUST upon entering town, it makes it easier for them to beg later. What pisses me off is that beggers includes both lowlevel and 20+ alike...

yesterday this lvl21 kid was rushing ahead alone with an archer on an ice map, would die non-stop and ask for better gear, like that's the problem lol