PDA

View Full Version : Devs Plz look! Hs/Ms regan idea!

Prest87
10-28-2010, 05:17 PM
In AO3 some classes died like the pally :( becasuse the regans were terriable for rift gear. Mages regan is overpowered through. I think what would be great if rift gear had more hs regan and mabye more ms regan. Also what would be great if there was new top of the line gear like say mega blaster of the heavens which give 5hs 1ms.
Or Overlords helm of the sun which would give oppisite stats to the rift gear for tanks.
And maybe a dreamers type of idea for mage like say 5hs 4ms.

This is just an idea plz say if u like it or not and plz expand on it.
Thx for your time.

Royce
10-28-2010, 05:21 PM
Eh I don't know. Mages have what they should, birds have too much M/s, and warriors need at least a little. IMO, the core problem is the painfully slow gain of regen from attributes, forcing players to rely entirely on gear for regen. I think the rate at which Int provides M/s and Str provides H/s needs to be dramatically raised, at least doubled, maybe more. This would help even out the attribute imbalance and give people a reason to spend in Int and Str other than just for equipment requirements.

Prest87
10-28-2010, 05:23 PM
Eh I don't know. Mages have what they should, birds have too much M/s, and warriors need at least a little. IMO, the core problem is the painfully slow gain of regen from attributes, forcing players to rely entirely on gear for regen. I think the rate at which Int provides M/s and Str provides H/s needs to be dramatically raised, at least doubled, maybe more. This would help even out the attribute imbalance and give people a reason to spend in Int and Str other than just for equipment requirements.

Ya mages r fine I just put in the other gear for int bears/birds but what do u think overall.

Royce
10-28-2010, 05:30 PM
I think there should definitely be a sacrifice if mana regen for wearing heavy armor, but I think warriors should have some items with at least 1 or 2 M/s each. I think birds should have items that give at least 2 H/s each, maybe a but more, but not much. Isis was out if control IMO, and so was Thoth for all classes. As I said I'd much rather see them fix this issue with adjustments to the attributes, but I suppose new gear would be easier. How about just alter the lower pinks to make them useful? Destiny could have 2 M/s, Fortune could have 2 H/s, for instance or something like that.

Prest87
10-28-2010, 05:32 PM
I think there should definitely be a sacrifice if mana regen for wearing heavy armor, but I think warriors should have some items with at least 1 or 2 M/s each. I think birds should have items that give at least 2 H/s each, maybe a but more, but not much. Isis was out if control IMO, and so was Thoth for all classes. As I said I'd much rather see them fix this issue with adjustments to the attributes, but I suppose new gear would be easier. How about just alter the lower pinks to make them useful? Destiny could have 2 M/s, Fortune could have 2 H/s, for instance or something like that.

Ya 1ms for rift 2 hs for void and mage is fine all classes r happy except pallys think of the pallys royce.

Royce
10-28-2010, 05:37 PM
Ya 1ms for rift 2 hs for void and mage is fine all classes r happy except pallys think of the pallys royce.

A pally should never have mage like regen. I think a pally would do fine with 4 pieces of 2 M/ gear. If you think about it, it's really back to business as usual for pallys in AO3. There was never any Str gear with more than 1 M/s before AO1, then Thoth came into the picture an unbalanced the game (basically killed the Int mage). I would love to see some mana regen gear for Str, but I think it would be a bad idea to make it too high. 2 M/s or at most, 3 M/s per item would be fine IMO. And I am always thinking of the pallys ;) The first character I leveled to 50 was my pally, and I just respec'd my Int mage to pally for leveling.

Prest87
10-28-2010, 05:39 PM
A pally should never have mage like regen. I think a pally would do fine with 4 pieces of 2 M/ gear. If you think about it, it's really back to business as usual for pallys in AO3. There was never any Str gear with more than 1 M/s before AO1, then Thoth came into the picture an unbalanced the game (basically killed the Int mage). I would love to see some mana regen gear for Str, but I think it would be a bad idea to make it too high. 2 M/s or at most, 3 M/s per item would be fine IMO. And I am always thinking of the pallys ;) The first character I leveled to 50 was my pally, and I just respec'd my Int mage to pally for leveling.

K but still an overall good idea.. I agree they were overpowered..

FluffNStuff
10-28-2010, 06:18 PM
The more I think about the items, and the fact the devs have made no indication they think they are a problem, the more I believe this was an intentional reset of 'basic' items (including rift, void and cosmos). Consider this, if these items had all the regen you needed, what would alien oasis elite dungeon items look like. We have to remember that we are playing a game that is a work in process.

Prest87
10-28-2010, 07:15 PM
The more I think about the items, and the fact the devs have made no indication they think they are a problem, the more I believe this was an intentional reset of 'basic' items (including rift, void and cosmos). Consider this, if these items had all the regen you needed, what would alien oasis elite dungeon items look like. We have to remember that we are playing a game that is a work in process.

But the main things I am asking for is at least 1ms for rift and 2hs for void that way we don't have to use pots as often.

icantgetkills
10-28-2010, 07:31 PM
I had to respec my pally because of the fail m/s i was 12 h/s 2 m/s and i couldnt do anything all i can was my armour i had to change to thoth gear for ms but in that case i lost armour so i was weak with low m/s.... it failed

Prest87
10-28-2010, 08:12 PM
Ya hopefully devs change the ms regan to 2 or 3.

dirtball
10-28-2010, 08:52 PM
Maybe weps and armor, etc. should have m/s and h/s based on how much INT and STR you have. You want 3 m/s on your armor, need to have at least 32 INT??? Less INT than that and it only provides 1m/s.

Prest87
10-28-2010, 10:36 PM
Maybe weps and armor, etc. should have m/s and h/s based on how much INT and STR you have. You want 3 m/s on your armor, need to have at least 32 INT??? Less INT than that and it only provides 1m/s.

Ya that would be much better so your attriubets matter more but there would have to be a max.

smoae
10-28-2010, 10:40 PM
Yep I agree if you want to use a full rift set good luck with skills because you'll have 0 or 1 mana regeneration unless you have intel up to like 60 something at which you'll get 2 m/s.

Prest87
10-28-2010, 11:13 PM
Cmon devs plz spare your mighty time to listen to some ideas.

Prest87
10-29-2010, 12:44 AM
Thx to all who posted ideas.

Prest87
10-29-2010, 05:02 PM
Devs and players could u plz look.

Prest87
10-31-2010, 07:39 PM
Bump for all who haven't seen it

Prest87
11-01-2010, 10:28 PM
Awwwwwwww Devs haven't posted yet:( .......500 POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Htiek
11-02-2010, 06:21 AM
lvl50 pally with 4 void, 20/ms 4/hs 132arm
lvl50 pally with 3 rift & 1 thoth, 7/ms 9/hs 167arm

lvl45 pally with 4 thoth, 24/ms 3/hs 109arm

void gear best for the ol and gurg run
rift gear with thoth spear best for the tpaxx run
so far, on these run, my pally havnt die a lot