PDA

View Full Version : Spawning allowed in PvP...

Reunegade
08-13-2013, 02:59 PM
Spawning is part of pvp. It is something that the game allows you to do. If you don't like that possibility, don't go into a pvp instance?

Thread closed.
What are your thoughts on this?

Spyce
08-13-2013, 03:05 PM
Where did you find that?

KingFu
08-13-2013, 03:07 PM
Post redirected me to People Behind the Characters...

Argyros
08-13-2013, 03:07 PM
Show us the thread. :/

Reunegade
08-13-2013, 03:08 PM
Clickity Clackers (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?111249-DOG-isnt-what-it-used-to-be)

Reunegade
08-13-2013, 03:09 PM
Post redirected me to People Behind the Characters...
Must've posted the wrong post number :/

DocDoBig
08-13-2013, 03:20 PM
Yes, for the majority of people is spawning morally questionable. But illegally and against the ToS? Nope.

I'm not a promoter of spawning - heck I don't even PvP! Just checked this forum section.

Whirlzap
08-13-2013, 03:31 PM
I and a few other friends have thought that spawning went along the lines of "ruining a player's experience" and "harassment".

With an official Developer verdict given, I guess we'll expect a LOT more ego-boosted/confident people spawning to boost kills now.

Well done.

Noi`ya
08-13-2013, 03:38 PM
terrible bait 0/10

CrimsonTider
08-13-2013, 03:48 PM
I'll be the first to say: Sam, you are way off on your assessment. Why don't we just allow booting at bosses and inappropriate language? I mean, heck, if we don't like it, then leave... right? Let's allow 3+ years of reporting and effort to make this community enjoyable to go straight down the drain.

And to thank a post like the one that said we "need to get over it"? Is it that clear the direction STS/G is heading? With your statement, a door has been opened to ruin playing experiences like no other. Good job.

KingFu
08-13-2013, 03:52 PM
I and a few other friends have thought that spawning went along the lines of "ruining a player's experience" and "harassment".

You know what else ruins a player's experience? Having a Mage on their Ctf team that never heals...

Swords
08-13-2013, 05:35 PM

You know what else ruins a player's experience? Having a Mage on their Ctf team that never heals...

Or revive when ur team is dead right by the mage

XghostzX
08-13-2013, 06:04 PM
Really, Sam? For the nothing you guys do for PL, that's what you have to say to us now? I don't understand why you would implement functioning "doors" in all your others games for PvP that start before each match - probably to avoid spawning?... It's something WE have been asking for in the past months.

It makes your loyal customers feel like, "Wow, PL is not loved by STS."

Aracnus
08-13-2013, 06:18 PM
Really, Sam? For the nothing you guys do for PL, that's what you have to say to us now? I don't understand why you would implement functioning "doors" in all your others games for PvP that start before each match - probably to avoid spawning?...

It makes your loyal customers feel like, "Wow, PL is not loved by STS."

It's not just PL anymore Will.. It's the 3 that aren't AL, and BD.

Which would change your statement to: It makes your loyal customers feel like, "Wow, the games that got them here are not loved by ST'G'."

XghostzX
08-13-2013, 06:23 PM
It's not just PL anymore Will.. It's the 3 that aren't AL, and BD.

Which would change your statement to: It makes your loyal customers feel like, "Wow, the games that got them here are not loved by ST'G'."

I only said that because 1.) I play PL and 2.) Without PL, all other games would not exist.

Cavoc
08-13-2013, 06:23 PM
My thoughts? I think this thread will soon be closed with no constructive reply from a dev. But I certainly hope I'm wrong.

Aracnus
08-13-2013, 06:35 PM
I only said that because 1.) I play PL and 2.) Without PL, all other games would not exist.

This is very true! Thought, the support from SL, and DL brought AL and BD here. So, I'd say it was a chain reaction ;)

Blastyou
08-13-2013, 07:34 PM
My thoughts? I think this thread will soon be closed with no constructive reply from a dev. But I certainly hope I'm wrong.

Are you psychic or something?

Argyros
08-13-2013, 07:58 PM
I'm very interested to see how a Developer handles this. I play for PvP/CtF. If its ruined, my reason to play this game is gone.

Hook
08-13-2013, 08:32 PM
I think you guys are completely wrong.

1. The pics shown to Sam were taking place in "forest fight". Lets face it, spawning in forest fight , or any pvp arenas for that matter, is completely different than in CTF arenas. In pvp arenas the "random" spawns after dying allow your opponent to not know where you will resurrect. In CTF, its impossible, as your base is the only place to spawn. I believe his comment was based towards the pictures that he had just seen which brings me to my second comment;

2. A couple months ago it was said by Sam that JustG was "brewing" something to fix the unfair spawning in CTF in the next major update.

So personally, I think CTF is what will get a makeover. Could be 5 second invulnurability? Or maybe even a door at your CTF base, that opponents cant enter. Either way, I think it'll be fixed.

Hook
08-13-2013, 08:38 PM
One more thing..

if you (universal) get easily spawned in PvP such as the Forest Arenas, then im sorry but you completely suck. Getting spawned in PvP arenas is very difficult because you get the time and can actually put up a fight.
If you just sit there and say "rusher" or "wth??" after getting killed numeroys times, you should realize players are there to actually PvP and not sit by the trees sipping on a lemonade. Lol.

Trust me guys, i see people like that all the time. >_> :rolleyes:

Shilooo
08-13-2013, 08:57 PM

1. The pics shown to Sam were taking place in "forest fight". Lets face it, spawning in forest fight , or any pvp arenas for that matter, is completely different than in CTF arenas. In pvp arenas the "random" spawns after dying allow your opponent to not know where you will resurrect. In CTF, its impossible, as your base is the only place to spawn. I believe his comment was based towards the pictures that he had just seen which brings me to my second comment;

2. A couple months ago it was said by Sam that JustG was "brewing" something to fix the unfair spawning in CTF in the next major update.

So personally, I think CTF is what will get a makeover. Could be 5 second invulnurability? Or maybe even a door at your CTF base, that opponents cant enter. Either way, I think it'll be fixed.

This would be a good point if it were true.... The pic was from Rockwall forts (3vs3 ctf) and the other pic was taken from shadow cave town, I'm guessing after the game he scrolled up to screen shot the chat.

This is disappointing to say the least to hear from Sam....

It is part of the game to be spawn killed repeatedly by your 3 "opponents" entering a ctf game.

1# You have no time to buff

2# You manage to kill them.... Then get booted before you get to their spawn room to return the favor.

3# It's 3 vs 1. You invite anyone decent to help.... they boot them to leave you helpless.

4# All while talking trash.

That's a game you want to be proud of Sam?

CrimsonTider
08-13-2013, 09:04 PM

As Bobby Bouche (a.k.a. The Waterboy) once said: No Colonel Sanders, you are wrong. Those pics come from Rockwall Forts.

I may be old, but I know my PvP and CTF maps. Might wanna double check next time. Thanks.

Randomguy
08-13-2013, 09:29 PM
Spawning isn't that bad, unless you really suck

XghostzX
08-13-2013, 10:21 PM

I like your Devil's Advocate, but allow me to 'counter' it...

1.) Regardless of what map is being played on, nobody should ever have the ability to spawn. It ruins gamer's experience - if the Devs tell us to "deal with it, or leave" then there's an issue. There are so many simple solutions to spawning (1 second invulnerability, Walls, etc.). Spawning leads to players trolling, building useless egos, and NOT TO MENTION THOSE LOCKED THREADS HAPPENING ALL OVER THE FORUMS THAT DEVS HATE.

2.) When you say a couple months ago, to me that's either in 3 years, or never. When's the last time STS has made 1 decent update to our legit content, other than cute little vanities that cost 50 plat? I don't understand where a major update would come in anytime soon with STS' current cycle of getting a big profit from making one game, then when it dies out, make a new one. History proves it.

Rot
08-13-2013, 10:57 PM

I'm sure it will, in 2016.

ThePvpTwink
08-13-2013, 11:31 PM
Just put in a group of barrels at the entrance that only hurt the enemy team.

Cavoc
08-14-2013, 12:05 AM
Or spawn shield (invisibility) for like 3 seconds like most games....

Zeus
08-14-2013, 12:30 AM
AL has an invulnerability bubble that lasts 30 seconds in the CTF spawn room... If spawning was a part of the game, then why is it blocked for the other Legend titles which are essentially the same thing but differently themed?

Noodleleg
08-14-2013, 03:42 AM

Dying xD

Waug
08-14-2013, 05:06 AM
There are many things in pvp that may be fall under this category where spwning belongs to. Again this is ackward that somone spwan and then get banned, is this truely justified? specially when most of the pvp community did this, the only difference is few do it professionally, few do it on their enemies, few do it on nubs, alsp sometime who don't even know the meaning of spwning. Then perhaps most of the ppls should get banned, I personaly can show screenies where so called reputed players and guilds even who talked against spwning here, spwned someone who doesn't spwn atall, with the above mentioned alibi.

Those other things include which maybe fall in this category is that, for example, a new comer joined a pvp arena, he think this is arena and randomly attact someone consequence - he get teamed by other 3 ppls and get insulted brutality and bullied including random trash talking with the allibi that he rush? than again rushing is not against rules, these things also should be bandable offense? why not cause most of the so called good pvpers do it?

I don't spwn neither I support it, the thing that devs should not have done is not to say it pubically that will encourage these things which is not appreciatable, perhaps they did not have any choice cause ppls keep complaining about this. matter.

Obviously the right solution would be taking proper in game changes e.g spwn get or something rather declaring spwning not allowed and baning ppls.

Extreme
08-14-2013, 08:25 AM
Even devs said that, what could we do?.. AL AL..

Spyce
08-14-2013, 08:26 AM
Even devs said that, what could we do?.. Dang AL, Was it never exist.

Wish*
It's all AL and BD nowadays..

Extreme
08-14-2013, 08:34 AM
Wish*
It's all AL and BD nowadays..

irk, Ew..

XghostzX
08-14-2013, 04:12 PM
There are ways to solve to the spawning problem and booting problem.

For spawning, there could be: Invulnerability for X amount of seconds (2-3 Seconds?); Walls in your spawn room where once you exit the room, you can't get back in; A huge type of debuff for any player that walks into the opponents spawn room (damage is reduced by X amount, Lower dodge, etc.)

For booting, my solution is: A player can only boot a maximum of 3 people per game. Anything above 3 boots either means: you need to lock your game because your finding really bad players to play with, OR THAT PLAYERS INTENTIONALLY BOOT PEOPLE ONCE THEY START GETTING BEAT REPEATEDLY.

Chickenrunnn
08-14-2013, 05:43 PM
Let's wait a couple of years, the time PL comes back in

the roadmaps for Legends games.

About ctf spawning issue, I had made this a long time ago. Still no implement:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?67837-No-more-CTF-SPAWNING!-Suggestion!!!&highlight=Spawning

Anyway.. Cya :(

Lexlyde
08-14-2013, 06:11 PM
This post from Samhayne almost shocked me. Spawnkill just ruin PvP and its over-used mainly on this cap. Allow this just show how the staff dont care about PL. On AL there is a good system implanted against the spawnkill, its a proof that StS can do something about it.
I think they forget AL wouldnt be there if PL pioneers wasnt here.

Extreme
08-14-2013, 08:43 PM
This post from Samhayne almost shocked me. Spawnkill just ruin PvP and its over-used mainly on this cap. Allow this just show how the staff dont care about PL. On AL there is a good system implanted against the spawnkill, its a proof that StS can do something about it.

Bang Bang I shoot You Down

Rot
08-14-2013, 11:17 PM
The problem is, no matter what we suggest, they hardly even bother with it. Yes, they might be reading this, but I seriously doubt that any actions will be taken.

Their attitude to PL players : If you don't like the game, quit playing it and get a life.
Their attitude to AL players : Hi sir, how can I help you? Oh, thanks for reminding us, it'll be fixed in 2 days. Remember to buy more plat!

XghostzX
08-15-2013, 06:27 AM
The problem is, no matter what we suggest, they hardly even bother with it. Yes, they might be reading this, but I seriously doubt that any actions will be taken.

Their attitude to PL players : If you don't like the game, quit playing it and get a life.
Their attitude to AL players : Hi sir, how can I help you? Oh, thanks for reminding us, it'll be fixed in 2 days. Remember to buy more plat!

Yes, but at some point AL will turn to that. It's like saying STS is a new Gameloft lmao.

Extreme
08-15-2013, 06:28 AM
Yes, but at some point AL will turn to that. It's like saying STS is a new Gameloft lmao.

Soon

Lexlyde
08-15-2013, 06:47 AM

That upsets you? Read this
http://i40.tinypic.com/rlie7r.jpg

I saw it don't worry. And yes it upset me ...

Caiahar
08-15-2013, 08:33 AM
Only three letters explain this: Omg....

Justg
08-15-2013, 08:37 AM
I updated my response to remove a bit of my own drama:

Now that BD is out we'll be evaluating the roadmaps for Legends games. Currently there is no PL cap on the horizon.

That being said, we still intend on running all four Legends games, and supporting/ updating them where we can.

Arcane Level Cap is out next, we'll see what is up after that.

Lexlyde
08-15-2013, 08:48 AM
Ofc its not dramatic... but all players feel like StS staff absolutely don't care about PL. This game is still alive, there is still a very active community. When Samhayne tell us spawnkill is allowed in PL, and beside in AL there is system against that. Plus spawnkill is really a problem on this cap, with skills unbalance, I wanted to play endgame PvP, but I get spawnkill everytime I try endgame ctf games... We are all like "wtf?!".
I can understand AL is now your main game and BD is the new one, they need atention of course. But PL is still here and without it and us, other StS games wouldnt be what they are now.
Btw Thanks for replying JustG

Chickenrunnn
08-15-2013, 09:01 AM
You guys should do some rotative lvl Caps updates so that no one would be jealous, and it would avoid a game to be forgotten.

Arcane Level Cap is out next, we'll see what is up after that.

3rd or even 4th cap in a row? It would be nice to raise cap in other games :)
Or, if you don't have time to raise it (yet?), it would be awesome from you guys to change some stuffs which truly needs to be fixed in PL right now, such as unbalanced end game PvP/ctf, ctf spawning issue and some other stuff, that keep being asked from community for 4-5 months already.

Cya!:)

CrimsonTider
08-15-2013, 09:17 AM

We appreciate the effort, however, it is not what you said which brought this thread about. When there is a lack of interest shown towards PL and it is up to the community to clean it up only to see our efforts destroyed in one sentence, demoralizing doesn't give the effects on us justice. The effects from that quote have already began in game.

floats
08-15-2013, 10:53 AM
Spawning is a big no no. The community has all there is to say.

XghostzX
08-15-2013, 11:23 AM

We appreciate the effort, however, it is not what you said which brought this thread about. When there is a lack of interest shown towards PL and it is up to the community to clean it up only to see our efforts destroyed in one sentence, demoralizing doesn't give the effects on us justice. The effects from that quote have already began in game.

Very wisely said. Your words match my feelings for the current situation.

Whatsinaname
08-15-2013, 12:51 PM
The effects from that quote have already began in game.
Isn't that the truth!

I don't host PvP games often, but when I do, I boot for spawning, no matter which team and no matter what player. I don't understand why the number of kills is more important than some level of fair play to so many. It boggles the mind. Spawn kills are right up there with frying ants with a magnifying glass. Ya most every guy has done it at one time but most of us grow out of it after an hour or two. Some of the PvP areas are virtual Psychopath training grounds where antisocial behavior is rewarded by the omission of consequences in game or by the mods. What sort of pride can a person have for putting up such meaningless numbers with such poor behavior?

And Really, how Proud can SpaceTime be for creating this environment, letting it fester and then allowing it to go unchecked?

Mage till the end
08-15-2013, 05:28 PM
Surprisingly enough though plenty of the pvp "legends" spawn kill to. Almost every game theirs either a spawner or a rusher. From now on just lock you games and spawners will loose interest.

NotYoCookiez
08-15-2013, 09:32 PM
I'll be the first to say: Sam, you are way off on your assessment. Why don't we just allow booting at bosses and inappropriate language? I mean, heck, if we don't like it, then leave... right? Let's allow 3+ years of reporting and effort to make this community enjoyable to go straight down the drain.

And to thank a post like the one that said we "need to get over it"? Is it that clear the direction STS/G is heading? With your statement, a door has been opened to ruin playing experiences like no other. Good job.

Booting before boss is completely different then spawning... and inappropriate language isnt right anywhere not in just a game. The only reason those spawners like azi and his friends got banned was because of his language. They devs cant ban everyone single that spawns... even if that would make a perfect community, there cant be good without evil.

And sam thanked a post saying you need to live with it because im sure he sees many threads like this he sees all the time... just like in real life nothing can be perfect. This game is tons of fun if you avoid anything you dont like.

And about that ruining players experienced thing that everyone always talks about.... there are countless like number of things that can ruin a player's experience, yes its a vague rule but dont try to use it as an excuse for every little thing lol :-)

This wasnt really directed towards you crim but the majority of the people agree with you so this is my view

CrimsonTider
08-15-2013, 09:55 PM
Booting before boss is completely different then spawning... and inappropriate language isnt right anywhere not in just a game. The only reason those spawners like azi and his friends got banned was because of his language. They devs cant ban everyone single that spawns... even if that would make a perfect community, there cant be good without evil.

And sam thanked a post saying you need to live with it because im sure he sees many threads like this he sees all the time... just like in real life nothing can be perfect. This game is tons of fun if you avoid anything you dont like.

And about that ruining players experienced thing that everyone always talks about.... there are countless like number of things that can ruin a player's experience, yes its a vague rule but dont try to use it as an excuse for every little thing lol :-)

This wasnt really directed towards you crim but the majority of the people agree with you so this is my view

If you don't think spawning ruins the playing experience, then you are sadly mistaken. When a new player enters a CTF map for the first time only to be spawned and this continues to happen, their initial thoughts are going to be negative regarding PvP and the PvP part of the community. It is the same as being booted at a boss or seeing inappropriate names/language in a towne as not everyone who plays this game has a lengthy list of friends that many of us on forums do. When people spawn kill, they do not care about their reputation, helping others, or enjoying the game. All they care about are "kills". Just as booters only care about getting pink. Just as potty mouths only care about getting noticed. Admit it or not, it is all relative. However, as stated above, there are those out there who are well known to this community who are known to do this and I have caught them in the act on my alts. Maybe that is the real reason for your argument...

And those who have responded, the many who have responded, as well as the many in game who go after these few individuals, can't all be wrong. I mean, really? You think taking advantage of a players join lag and inability to defend themselves is "a part of the game"?

I think not.

And btw, I have only seen a few things that the community says "ruins a players experience." Each issue is valid and is not an overused excuse as you have made it out to be. This many people saying spawning is wrong over the course of 3+ years cannot be wrong.

NotYoCookiez
08-15-2013, 10:18 PM
If you don't think spawning ruins the playing experience, then you are sadly mistaken. When a new player enters a CTF map for the first time only to be spawned and this continues to happen, their initial thoughts are going to be negative regarding PvP and the PvP part of the community. It is the same as being booted at a boss or seeing inappropriate names/language in a towne as not everyone who plays this game has a lengthy list of friends that many of us on forums do. When people spawn kill, they do not care about their reputation, helping others, or enjoying the game. All they care about are "kills". Just as booters only care about getting pink. Just as potty mouths only care about getting noticed. Admit it or not, it is all relative. However, as stated above, there are those out there who are well known to this community who are known to do this and I have caught them in the act on my alts. Maybe that is the real reason for your argument...

And those who have responded, the many who have responded, as well as the many in game who go after these few individuals, can't all be wrong. I mean, really? You think taking advantage of a players join lag and inability to defend themselves is "a part of the game"?

I think not.

And btw, I have only seen a few things that the community says "ruins a players experience." Each issue is valid and is not an overused excuse as you have made it out to be. This many people saying spawning is wrong over the course of 3+ years cannot be wrong.

Yeah I guess to sum it all up, I believe spawning is PART of a player's experience. Everyone experiences this at some point in time if you pvp/ctf. Live and learn I would say. Dont get me wrong, I believe spawning is bad on new players but its one of those things that will never change. Many multiplayer games have some sort of spawning issue. Its part of the online gaming world

Cheenivie
08-16-2013, 12:11 AM
srry havent been on the forums for the past couple days, but rlly? Is this what the community has come to? What Sam said to me seems like hes promoting spawning. Also we all know a dev has seen this and im sure many have and we still havent had a reply to the OP why is that? Its time the devs /mods wake up and do something. Cant they see that everyone wants this to be fixed except the spawners that are still playing... This is the kind of thing that pisses me off and that makes me wonder why im still giving this dam company my money so that they can say these kind of things such as spawning being part of the game and even tho PL has been waiting over 11months (I think) for a new cap the say we are planning on giving AL the next expansion and we dont know what we will do after... Really makes me think why im still playing this game...

KingFu
08-16-2013, 12:43 AM
Let's get to the root of the problem here. Spawning has been around since Ctf has been implemented. People are just whining about it now because end game PvP is a joke. It's full a players that aren't fit to be in there.

Cheenivie
08-16-2013, 01:00 AM
I know my combos but this cap combos are only usefull vs str classes or its may the luckiest and bes button smasher wen!

Doodlebeast
08-16-2013, 01:04 AM
Good players gone bad.

Lexlyde
08-16-2013, 03:53 AM
Let's get to the root of the problem here. Spawning has been around since Ctf has been implemented. People are just whining about it now because end game PvP is a joke. It's full a players that aren't fit to be in there.
And ppl complain since ages about spawnkilling, since 3 years any update fixed this problem. But if you hear Sam and NotYo, there is no problems with this. Endgame Ctf isnt playable for new players ( I try to go endgame but im desesperated when I see how it became skilless and easy to kill/die ). So yes spawnkill ruined my endgame PvP experience and I think I'm not the only one.

Gaunab
08-16-2013, 05:26 AM

Yes, spawning has been around for ages but this cap is the first where spawning was "professionalised". The spawners have a tank standing in the middle of the spawn to take the initial aim and two birds who take turns with killing when they are buffed. A month ago almost every time I searched for games there was a spawn game going on, making it highly likely for any new players to stumble into it and get off on completely the wrong foot in PvP/Ctf.
The issue was kind of resolved when some of the spawners got banned and the rest of them was too scared to continue.
With this statement coming from a dev I wouldnt be surprised if it starts again...he is basically promoting spawning!

Way to spoil the new gens even more...

CrimsonTider
08-16-2013, 05:47 AM
I'm going to have to agree with Sam, there's nothing against tos being violated by spawning so until spawning counter measures are put in suck it up.

Sent with love. <3

So you enjoy those free kills, huh?

And if STS didn't see an issue with it, or think it DID ruin a player's experience, then why was a spawn-free zone implemented in the other Legends titles? Your argument is invalid.

XghostzX
08-16-2013, 12:42 PM
Spawning's stupidddd...

TEOKILLO
08-16-2013, 12:54 PM
I don't know why spawning is an issue...its been around for awhile as myst said, and if you don't want to be spawned, just leave, find those players later, and farm them!:D

grenadiers
08-16-2013, 01:06 PM
If nobody joined their game the spawners would have nobody to spawn and will be forced to join other PvP games where you can definitely exctract your revenge on them. It is nobodies fault that you choose to keep respawning in a situation you know you will probably die in. It is always so easy to point the finger of blame but in reality it is your own fault. And if you cannot sacrifice the 1 death it takes to know if its a spawning game and leave and take your interest elsewhere. And I'm going to leave it at that.

Thrall Wire
08-16-2013, 01:24 PM
If nobody joined their game the spawners would have nobody to spawn and will be forced to join other PvP games where you can definitely exctract your revenge on them. It is nobodies fault that you choose to keep respawning in a situation you know you will probably die in. It is always so easy to point the finger of blame but in reality it is your own fault. And if you cannot sacrifice the 1 death it takes to know if its a spawning game and leave without getting butthurt then you do not belong in PvP and you should point your interest elsewhere. And I'm going to leave it at that. Have a good day cry babies.
Let's put this in a realistic situation.
So basically what you seem to be saying is this?

If nobody chose to remain in school after getting bullied, then the bullies would have nobody to harass and will be forced to join other schools where you can definitely exctract your revenge on them or they would simply stop bullying people. It is nobodies fault that you choose to keep going to a school you will probably get made fun at. It is always so easy to point the finger of blame but in reality it is your own fault for getting bullied. And if you cannot sacrifice leaving the one school you go to and leave without getting butthurt then you do not belong in life and you should point your interest elsewhere. And I'm going to leave it at that. Have a good day cry babies.

Let's read what I changed above.
It looks as if your statement is quite invalid. A) Spawning is quite morally wrong, just like bullying and is in a similar form of harassment. Bullying isn't stated directly as a legal law that is punishable, but harassment/racial discrimination, and prejudice definitely is. Same goes for spawning- no direct statement in ToS that says "oh u can't spawn" but there is a big part that says do not ruin player experience or harass others.
B) And no, just like there is always a person to be spawned, there is always someone to be bullied. Your argument is unrealistically invalid.
C) You seem to say that getting butthurt about something bad is your own fault.
"Oh my gosh, someone just bullied me, it's my own fault for crying, I should learn to live with it?"

Of course the situation i present here is a bit too exaggerated but you get the point.
what youre saying is that you support something morally wrong, but not legally punishable and blame those who oppose it, calling them crybabies.
and you also acknowledge this "morally wrong "spawning"" to continue.

it seems like you do not consider both sides of argument and that makes you seem immature.

CrimsonTider
08-16-2013, 01:27 PM
If nobody joined their game the spawners would have nobody to spawn and will be forced to join other PvP games where you can definitely exctract your revenge on them. It is nobodies fault that you choose to keep respawning in a situation you know you will probably die in. It is always so easy to point the finger of blame but in reality it is your own fault. And if you cannot sacrifice the 1 death it takes to know if its a spawning game and leave without getting butthurt then you do not belong in PvP and you should point your interest elsewhere. And I'm going to leave it at that. Have a good day cry babies.

So I am a "cry baby" for stating the stupidity and reasoning as to why this should be a bannable offense? Might need to choose your words more wisely. You just lost some of my respect. And I don't see anyone here who is "butthurt" nor do I see anyone who is not aware of how it all works. However, what you, and others, still fail to realize is the small number of the PvP community use the forums. Education is HUGE in this issue.

Chickenrunnn
08-16-2013, 01:28 PM
3 mages : 2 lvl35 + a lvl30, all with rev.

All three standing in spawn in a lvl30 game.

They farmed for 20 minutes all players coming, calling them noob.

Whenever someone was killing them, they booted him for easier kills.

Is that normal? Awesome game play in ctf right now.. All PvP lvl30 to 45 is trash.

Thrall Wire
08-16-2013, 01:34 PM
So I am a "cry baby" for stating the stupidity and reasoning as to why this should be a bannable offense? Might need to choose your words more wisely. You just lost some of my respect. And I don't see anyone here who is "butthurt" nor do I see anyone who is not aware of how it all works. However, what you, and others, still fail to realize is the small number of the PvP community use the forums. Education is HUGE in this issue.

but sir, what exactly CAN we do
i mean even the devs have now turned to the dark side and basically promote spawning
remember when sam said rushing was allowed with an official quote? well not shortly after dat ppl were rushing all noobs in games and spamming their quick chat button which said: ' "rushing is allowed. if you don't like it join another game" - by Samhayne '
well onli yesterday i entered a endgame ctf rockwall fort and some nub birds were spawning and guess what they were spamming?
"Spawning is a part of pvp. Learn to live with it" -Samhayne

this is not gud! if the devs have turned to the dark side there is really nothing we can do as they have the powerr...

Samhayne
08-16-2013, 01:37 PM
As a reminder of the forum rules

1. Please Respect Others.
The purpose of the forum is to provide a platform for the exchange of ideas. Occasionally, conflicts may arise when people voice opinions. Be courteous when disagreeing with others. Debating the opinion is appropriate, however criticism against the originator of the opinion is not allowed. Disrespect can be construed as flaming, trolling, harassing, profanity, abusive language or abbreviations, personal attacks, racial, religious, ethnic, sexual slurs, or similar behavior/language.

Cheenivie
08-16-2013, 01:48 PM
Still no devs have replied to the OP but 2 have responded.

Whatsinaname
08-16-2013, 01:53 PM
If nobody joined their game the spawners would have nobody to spawn and will be forced to join other PvP games where you can definitely exctract your revenge on them. It is nobodies fault that you choose to keep respawning in a situation you know you will probably die in. It is always so easy to point the finger of blame but in reality it is your own fault. And if you cannot sacrifice the 1 death it takes to know if its a spawning game and leave and take your interest elsewhere. And I'm going to leave it at that.
Last edited by Samhayne; Today at 11:36 AM.

Must be nice to know someone who shares your views has got your back and will edit your posts.

grenadiers
08-16-2013, 02:04 PM
Let's put this in a realistic situation.
So basically what you seem to be saying is this?

If nobody chose to remain in school after getting bullied, then the bullies would have nobody to harass and will be forced to join other schools where you can definitely exctract your revenge on them or they would simply stop bullying people. It is nobodies fault that you choose to keep going to a school you will probably get made fun at. It is always so easy to point the finger of blame but in reality it is your own fault for getting bullied. And if you cannot sacrifice leaving the one school you go to and leave without getting butthurt then you do not belong in life and you should point your interest elsewhere. And I'm going to leave it at that. Have a good day cry babies.

Let's read what I changed above.
It looks as if your statement is quite invalid. A) Spawning is quite morally wrong, just like bullying and is in a similar form of harassment. Bullying isn't stated directly as a legal law that is punishable, but harassment/racial discrimination, and prejudice definitely is. Same goes for spawning- no direct statement in ToS that says "oh u can't spawn" but there is a big part that says do not ruin player experience or harass others.
B) And no, just like there is always a person to be spawned, there is always someone to be bullied. Your argument is unrealistically invalid.
C) You seem to say that getting butthurt about something bad is your own fault.
"Oh my gosh, someone just bullied me, it's my own fault for crying, I should learn to live with it?"

Of course the situation i present here is a bit too exaggerated but you get the point.
what youre saying is that you support something morally wrong, but not legally punishable and blame those who oppose it, calling them crybabies.
and you also acknowledge this "morally wrong "spawning"" to continue.

it seems like you do not consider both sides of argument and that makes you seem immature.I do not support spawning and I never will. But what I do not support is the numerous threads complaining about it. And for your highly exaggerated comparison. You too are being unrealistic. It is way more simple to just switch to a different game then a different school. And if you have a problem with getting bullied you can easily go to a school administrator and have them do something about it. And I'm truly sorry you misunderstood what I was trying to say. No it is not your fault that you get bullied but it most certainly is your fault if you do not do something about it. And for crimsontider your respect for me doesn't truly concern me. And i would suggest looking a little harder if you do not see it. The devs have given their opinion on the matter and from what i have learned living in america is that whatever the higher authority says goes. I play this game for my benefit and mine only call me selfish if you want but I do not find it my responsibility to please others. And what I said was not meant to offend anybody.

CrimsonTider
08-16-2013, 02:13 PM
I do not support spawning and I never will. But what I do not support is the numerous threads complaining about it. And for your highly exaggerated comparison. You too are being unrealistic. It is way more simple to just switch to a different game then a different school. And if you have a problem with getting bullied you can easily go to a school administrator and have them do something about it. And I'm truly sorry you misunderstood what I was trying to say. No it is not your fault that you get bullied but it most certainly is your fault if you do not do something about it. And for crimsontider your respect for me doesn't truly concern me. I play this game for my benefit and mine only call me selfish if you want but I do not find it my responsibility to please others. And what I said was not meant to offend anybody.

There is a huge difference between respect and pleasing others. Is it your responsibility to please others? No. I feel the same way. However, as a responsible adult and human being, I do feel morally obligated to be respectful to all people regardless of where they come from or their views. Your "offense" did not come from your viewpoint, but from your namecalling which followed.

grenadiers
08-16-2013, 02:20 PM
I do not support spawning and I never will. But what I do not support is the numerous threads complaining about it. And for your highly exaggerated comparison. You too are being unrealistic. It is way more simple to just switch to a different game then a different school. And if you have a problem with getting bullied you can easily go to a school administrator and have them do something about it. And I'm truly sorry you misunderstood what I was trying to say. No it is not your fault that you get bullied but it most certainly is your fault if you do not do something about it. And for crimsontider your respect for me doesn't truly concern me. I play this game for my benefit and mine only call me selfish if you want but I do not find it my responsibility to please others. And what I said was not meant to offend anybody.

There is a huge difference between respect and pleasing others. Is it your responsibility to please others? No. I feel the same way. However, as a responsible adult and human being, I do feel morally obligated to be respectful to all people regardless of where they come from or their views. Your "offense" did not come from your viewpoint, but from your namecalling which followed.I can see your point. I apologize for any of the name calling that was done. It was very unethical of me and I should have gotten my point across in a more mature matter.

Thrall Wire
08-16-2013, 02:23 PM
I can see your point. I apologize for any of the name calling that was done. It was very unethical of me and I should have gotten my point across in a more mature matter.
Yes, well said!
Crim and I hav nothing against ur way of living, which is what many people (and sometimes even I) live their life that way.

However, i wish to continue debating this on a higher, more vindictive scale, of pursuing goodness.
So I shall rebuttle ur post.

You stated that if a bully was harassing a child, they could go to their school administrator
surely their school admin would oppose the bullying right? as it is ethically immoral?

However in this case the admin happens to be a developer...one that promotes this type of immoral behaviro officially insted of opposing it.
now what is there to do?

Whatsinaname
08-16-2013, 02:25 PM

I am glad to see you take a small step back from an untenable position. I haven't been around long enough to have read the numerous threads. This is the current thread on the subject and I don't see any reason for people who disapprove of Spawn Killing not to put voice to their views. To Paraphrase what you have stated

"It is nobodies fault that you choose to keep reading these threads about situations you are tired of hearing about. It is always so easy to point the finger of blame but in reality it is your own fault for reading them over and over again. And if you cannot glance at the topic line to know if its a spawning thread, you do not belong in Forums and you should point your interest elsewhere."

Your respect for me doesn't truly concern me. I play this game for my benefit and mine only call me selfish if you want but I do not find it my responsibility to please others. And what I said was not meant to offend anybody.

Really? These last words of yours are pretty offensive if looked at with even a cursory glance. And I do think his viewpoint was disrespectful.

Words do mean things.

Thrall Wire
08-16-2013, 02:29 PM
Really? These last words of yours are pretty offensive if looked at with even a cursory glance.

They're not offensive in any way.
He is not targeting anyone. He perhaps may be a little selfish but that is perfectly fine cuz he is not insulting others or anything.
many players do play this game for their own benefits. besides this is what the game was for, helping others was simply a self-willed choice

grenadiers
08-16-2013, 02:35 PM
I can see your point. I apologize for any of the name calling that was done. It was very unethical of me and I should have gotten my point across in a more mature matter.
Yes, well said!
Crim and I hav nothing against ur way of living, which is what many people (and sometimes even I) live their life that way.

However, i wish to continue debating this on a higher, more vindictive scale, of pursuing goodness.
So I shall rebuttle ur post.

You stated that if a bully was harassing a child, they could go to their school administrator
surely their school admin would oppose the bullying right? as it is ethically immoral?

However in this case the admin happens to be a developer...one that promotes this type of immoral behaviro officially insted of opposing it.
now what is there to do?From my personal experience there is only 2 choices in this situation. Accept their rules or leave. Just like the government having laws. You may not like them but that cannot change anything. Your only choice is to leave or learn to live with them as stated earlier. Yes I agree with everybody that it is unfair but that is just the way the world is.

Whatsinaname
08-16-2013, 02:39 PM
From my personal experience there is only 2 choices in this situation. Accept their rules or leave. Just like the government having laws. You may not like them but that cannot change anything. Your only choice is to leave or learn to live with them as stated earlier. Yes I agree with everybody that it is unfair but that is just the way the world is.

HUH? 2 choices only? Even at my age I'm not that cynical. Things change for the better all the time. But only when good people are willing to stand up and be counted, never when they stand by and do nothing.

He is not targeting anyone. He perhaps may be a little selfish but that is perfectly fine cuz he is not insulting others or anything.
many players do play this game for their own benefits. besides this is what the game was for, helping others was simply a self-willed choice

Looks to me like he Targeted someone very specific:

And for crimsontider your respect for me doesn't truly concern me.
In other words "what crimsontider says doesn't count"

from what i have learned living in "America" is that whatever the higher authority says goes.
In other words "this country is a dictatorship and Sucks"

I play this game for my benefit and mine only call me selfish if you want but I do not find it my responsibility to please others.
In other words "it's all about me, no one else"

And what I said was not meant to offend anybody.
In other words "I'm allowed to say anything." Whenever I hear someone say "No Offense" it screams "I don't care if it offends".

So yes, I did find it offensive in many ways.

grenadiers
08-16-2013, 02:40 PM
Really? These last words of yours are pretty offensive if looked at with even a cursory glance.

many players do play this game for their own benefits. besides this is what the game was for, helping others was simply a self-willed choiceI appreciate you helping. But I do believe he was referring to my first post which suggested some people are cry babies. But even though it was not set to target a specific group of people i see how it could come across as offensive to someone.

grenadiers
08-16-2013, 02:41 PM
From my personal experience there is only 2 choices in this situation. Accept their rules or leave. Just like the government having laws. You may not like them but that cannot change anything. Your only choice is to leave or learn to live with them as stated earlier. Yes I agree with everybody that it is unfair but that is just the way the world is.

HUH? Even at my age I'm not that cynical. Things change all the time. But only when good people are willing to stand up and be counted, never when they by and do nothing.Well there is 3 choices but from what i can see the 3rd one is not going to work. We as a forum community have tried to do something and we got an answer. It might not be the one we were looking for but it definitely got the point across

Whatsinaname
08-16-2013, 03:54 PM
I do believe he was referring to my first post which suggested some people are cry babies.

Nope.

Well there is 3 choices but from what i can see the 3rd one is not going to work. We as a forum community have tried to do something and we got an answer. It might not be the one we were looking for but it definitely got the point across
I am a noob to the Forums Community so you will just have to put up with me or find some way to Spawn Kill me. (just kidding!)

And I understand your frustration. But, I think you will find that some of the worlds greatest accomplishments were made by people who didn't know that it couldn't be done.

Anyway, it's all good. We are all just expressing our views. But I think it is probably time to get back to a more focused discussion.

Can someone give me one positive thing that comes from Spawn Killing?

Obviously I won't count Meaningless numbers on a Killed to Death ratio.

Historically "games" were a tool to teach Strength of Character, Honor, the Rule of Law, Fair Play and a long list of tactile and strategic practices. There are sorts of games: War-games, Mind-games, Card-games, Board-games, Word-games, Dice-games and the list goes on, and then we can talk about athletic-games. Outside of Computer Games, whether online or Player vs Computer with all the hacks and cheats, are there any sort of popular games that allow these sorts of exploits? Can a person Publicly Play Chess and keep knocking off the opponents pieces before he has the chance place them on the board? Of course not. But show me in the rules where it says you can't to that. Sure those rules exist at the "Tournament Level" but look in the rules that come with the board and you won't find anything about touching the other players pieces, it is a given. In Pocket Legends there are those who routinly knock off the opponents pieces and call it a victory. The sad thing is SpaceTime says it is a "Win" also. If you don't think so, just look at some of the Spawn Killer's KDR.

The funniest thing, to my mind, is that during "in game" PVP I hear many more complaints about Mages that will toss up a Mana Shield Early or who use and OP Forgotten Bow. So a MS or FB is taboo but a Spawn Kill is alright? That is precisely what some in the game would tell you. Too Funny.

grenadiers
08-16-2013, 04:23 PM
I do believe he was referring to my first post which suggested some people are cry babies.

Nope.

Well there is 3 choices but from what i can see the 3rd one is not going to work. We as a forum community have tried to do something and we got an answer. It might not be the one we were looking for but it definitely got the point across
I am a noob to the Forums Community so you will just have to put up with me or find some way to Spawn Kill me. (just kidding!)

And I understand your frustration. But, I think you will find that some of the worlds greatest accomplishments were made by people who didn't know that it couldn't be done.

Anyway, it's all good. We are all just expressing our views. But I think it is probably time to get back to a more focused discussion.

Can someone give me one positive thing that comes from Spawn Killing?

Obviously I won't count Meaningless numbers on a Killed to Death ratio.

Historically "games" were a tool to teach Strength of Character, Honor, the Rule of Law, Fair Play and a long list of tactile and strategic practices. There are sorts of games: War-games, Mind-games, Card-games, Board-games, Word-games, Dice-games and the list goes on, and then we can talk about athletic-games. Outside of Computer Games, whether online or Player vs Computer with all the hacks and cheats, are there any sort of popular games that allow these sorts of exploits? Can a person Publicly Play Chess and keep knocking off the opponents pieces before he has the chance place them on the board? Of course not. But show me in the rules where it says you can't to that. Sure those rules exist at the "Tournament Level" but look in the rules that come with the board and you won't find anything about touching the other players pieces, it is a given. In Pocket Legends there are those who routinly knock off the opponents pieces and call it a victory. The sad thing is SpaceTime says it is a "Win" also. If you don't think so, just look at some of the Spawn Killer's KDR.

The funniest thing, to my mind, is that during "in game" PVP I hear many more complaints about Mages that will toss up a Mana Shield Early or who use and OP Forgotten Bow. So a MS or FB is taboo but a Spawn Kill is alright? That is precisely what some in the game would tell you. Too Funny. I know it was a joke but I just want to make if clear to everyone that I do not support spawn killing in anyway.

Whatsinaname
08-16-2013, 04:46 PM
I know it was a joke but I just want to make if clear to everyone that I do not support spawn killing in anyway.

At this point I believe you. I believe that in your heart and in your thoughts that you do not support Spawn Killing. But we all need to be careful and vigilant as to not give our Tacit Approval to these sorts of actions. SuperMod Sam's post when way beyond being a tacit approval as did your post. His was a "Loud Starters Pistol" to begin a race for some to get as many Spawn Kills as Possible whether or not that was what he meant to do or not.

KingFu
08-16-2013, 05:12 PM
Yes, spawning has been around for ages but this cap is the first where spawning was "professionalised". The spawners have a tank standing in the middle of the spawn to take the initial aim and two birds who take turns with killing when they are buffed. A month ago almost every time I searched for games there was a spawn game going on, making it highly likely for any new players to stumble into it and get off on completely the wrong foot in PvP/Ctf.
The issue was kind of resolved when some of the spawners got banned and the rest of them was too scared to continue.
With this statement coming from a dev I wouldnt be surprised if it starts again...he is basically promoting spawning!

Way to spoil the new gens even more...

Which all comes back to random noobs being able to kill people who have been PvPing since early PvP. Root of the problem is the PvP mechanics being garbage. All the spawn killing and other problems are branches off of that. As you said, the new gens are being spoiled.

If only the oh so great Mitch were here to buy Sam lunch and help fix this!

Edit:

Even in this thread there are a large amount of players who are either new here or never PvPed prior to this cap.

CrimsonTider
08-16-2013, 06:23 PM
At this point I believe you. I believe that in your heart and in your thoughts that you do not support Spawn Killing. But we all need to be careful and vigilant as to not give our Tacit Approval to these sorts of actions. SuperMod Sam's post when way beyond being a tacit approval as did your post. His was a "Loud Starters Pistol" to begin a race for some to get as many Spawn Kills as Possible whether or not that was what he meant to do or not.

Gren is actually a very respectable PvP'er who has been at all levels and has been around for a long time. I have seen him farm players who were rude or mistreated new players.

Which all comes back to random noobs being able to kill people who have been PvPing since early PvP. Root of the problem is the PvP mechanics being garbage. All the spawn killing and other problems are branches off of that. As you said, the new gens are being spoiled.

If only the oh so great Mitch were here to buy Sam lunch and help fix this!

Edit:

Even in this thread there are a large amount of players who are either new here or never PvPed prior to this cap.

I am biggest noob of all! Here's to negative kdr's!!!

angeldawn
08-16-2013, 07:44 PM
I myself am guilty of spawning. But I only spawn spawners. Does this make me better than them? Idk.

I am fully supportive of putting mechanisms in place to stop spawning. Since the game code is written for other STS games is it really that complicated or cumbersome to implement in Pl? It can't possibly effect their profit that much esp since so many ppl just stocked up on plat during that plat sale with the anticipation of a new Lvl cap that will never come. (Which I feel completely misled about since STS made the statement a new lol cap every few months - sorry different rant)

The facts that this had been a problem for so long
- most players are against it
- so many threads have been made opposing it
- remedies provided

yet STS chooses to ignore their customer base, opinion and concerns. Proves that STS truly and honestly doesn't care what we have to say.

Months upon months ago Techno said she was working on the unbalanced pvp problem yet nothing has been done there either.

Now Just G is saying there is no PL cap on the horizon??

I don't know why I choose to support a company that is so disrespectful to its clients. If this were any other company or store, I would stop shopping there.

Time to reevaluate how I spend my money....actually with no new cap on the horizon, no need to farm or run plat maps, 6k plat between my accounts will last forever.

Edit: please excuse my grammar,

Extreme
08-16-2013, 09:16 PM
I myself am guilty of spawning. But I only spawn spawners. Does this make me better than them? Idk.

I am fully supportive of putting mechanisms in place to stop spawning. Since the game code is written for other STS games is it really that complicated or cumbersome to implement in Pl? It can't possibly effect their profit that much esp since so many ppl just stocked up on plat during that plat sale with the anticipation of a new Lvl cap that will never come. (Which I feel completely misled about since STS made the statement a new lol cap every few months - sorry different rant)

The facts that this had been a problem for so long
- most players are against it
- so many threads have been made opposing it
- remedies provided

yet STS chooses to ignore their customer base, opinion and concerns. Proves that STS truly and honestly doesn't care what we have to say.

Months upon months ago Techno said she was working on the unbalanced pvp problem yet nothing has been done there either.

Now Just G is saying there is no PL cap on the horizon??

I don't know why I choose to support a company that is so disrespectful to its clients. If this were any other company or store, I would stop shopping there.

Time to reevaluate how I spend my money....actually with no new cap on the horizon, no need to farm or run plat maps, 6k plat between my accounts will last forever.

Edit: please excuse my grammar,

I have to agree with Angel, No new cap Nothing new then we need nothing to stock up. No more plat for farming then..

Caiahar
08-16-2013, 10:24 PM
1. Why did it suddenly turned into an argument against grenadiers?
Dear Developers of Pocket Legends,

We ( PL community ) have been loyal to you, StG, some for a year, some 2, some from the beginning!
Long ago, I hear people's problems used to be answered alot by the Devs!
You guys have been making new vanities! (Ok they are cool, I like em) but seriously, how many weeks of these vanities have you made? 2? 3? 4?
There are Country Shield Flags, then the Star Trek armors came, in THREE COLORS!!,
Then were zombie vanity, with helm AND armor! So let's see, you guys had to make FIVE ZOMBIE HELMS ( the designing for each class could've had some real work...), and 5 armors (probably not that hard for ya).
So let's see, in 1 month, you made MANY DIFFERENT LOOKING COUNTRY SHIELDS, 3 different armors in diff colors, 5 VERY DIFFERENT ZOMBIE HELMS, and 5 armors.
And let's see, in all of this hard work making new designs and stuff, let me say it slowly, if you guys can make So many armors, helms, and shields...

WHY CAN'T YOU MAKE GATES IN THE SPAWN SO NO ONE CAN ENTER!!,

If you guys can make many shields and helms and armors, putting a gate in spawn areas of all CTF stages shouldn't be that hard!!!!!

The Sadness
08-16-2013, 11:00 PM
I myself am guilty of spawning.
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Mothwing
08-16-2013, 11:10 PM
You know I don't mind spawning, but about 99.9% of the time it comes with a "I'm better than you attitude" and insults and pointless arguments that ARE against the TOS. The common phrases seem to be I bes, ez, you suk, or you're pathetic how can you let me spawn you.

In my eyes, that's ruining a player's experience. In fact it's bullying, a thing that most people try to avoid. I myself have been bullied at school and I among others use video games as a chance to be ourselves without retaliation, and with trolls and people like this in PVP to take that away from us isn't right. I don't see why people have to use harsh language and bad attitudes to prove that they are better than somebody. I mean why can't people just say "Hey, I beat you, maybe you should do this, this, and this next time to beat me."

I guess this community is beyond that, and it really sucks.

Planted
08-17-2013, 03:32 AM
We, as a community, have flown past that.

Alike the majority, I also oppose spawning - which is made even worse with the insults, just as moth pointed out. Spawning gives new players the wrong impression of how PvP 'was' played. The 'was', being Go fights and organised FFA.
I've been in PvP with the PL community from sewer times, and like many, have watched it progress over these somewhat short years...

---
PvP is accompanied by many ups and downs, highs and lows, whatever you want to call it - but by ourselves, there's next to nothing we can change.
---

Rot
08-17-2013, 07:39 AM
---
PvP is accompanied by many ups and downs, highs and lows, whatever you want to call it - but by ourselves, there's next to nothing we can change.
---

I'm afraid that there would only be lows from this point on.

Lexlyde
08-17-2013, 08:34 AM
Maybe this thread will make things change :).

Planted
08-17-2013, 09:01 AM
Well, we can only hope from this point on. ;)

angeldawn
08-17-2013, 09:08 AM
Problems is......I think with the recent responses and attitudes..... We feel there is no hope...we are only discouraged and disappointed.

DivineMoustache
08-17-2013, 09:27 AM
Why make a ruckus over something that is so easily solvable?
Just leave the matches if you don't want to be spawned. You join, you see the other people are noted spawners, then leave. Create your own CTF. Chances are there's enough people at endgame to fill your game. If they are not noted spawners and you get spawned at join, just leave as well, make another CTF.

The devs probably do have the capability to spend a day on spawn shields, or whatever. Some of this is their fault. But really you guys can just solve it yourself while you're waiting months for an update. Sam's post didn't really motivate spawners to spawn more at all. They already knew that spawning wasn't ban-able.

Perhaps I'm just a twink and spawning is much easier to take care of there, but occasionally if it's a spawn that would be too hard to wipe, then I'd just leave.

Thrall Wire
08-17-2013, 01:07 PM
Just leave the matches if you don't want to be spawned. You join, you see the other people are noted spawners, then leave. Create your own CTF. Chances are there's enough people at endgame to fill your game. If they are not noted spawners and you get spawned at join, just leave as well, make another CTF.

The devs probably do have the capability to spend a day on spawn shields, or whatever. Some of this is their fault. But really you guys can just solve it yourself while you're waiting months for an update. Sam's post didn't really motivate spawners to spawn more at all. They already knew that spawning wasn't ban-able.

Perhaps I'm just a twink and spawning is much easier to take care of there, but occasionally if it's a spawn that would be too hard to wipe, then I'd just leave.
Sir, that is exactly what grenadiers said.
have you been reading the last few pages of this thread?!

The Sadness
08-17-2013, 04:13 PM
I feel a rash of renames coming on.

Spawnorgtfo
Spawnallday
Spawnorcry
Ispawn
Spawntaneous

List goes on...

Edit: and my personal favorite is Angelspawn

DivineMoustache
08-17-2013, 10:36 PM
Sir, that is exactly what grenadiers said.
have you been reading the last few pages of this thread?!

Sorry I sincerely apologize for somewhat repeating someone else's points in a thread with 5 pages of the same reasons about why spawning is bad. Sorry...sir.

angeldawn
08-18-2013, 12:55 AM

Spawnorgtfo
Spawnallday
Spawnorcry
Ispawn
Spawntaneous

List goes on...

Oh u jerk ;p

Took u how long to come up with that :)

Don't worry, I still love you even with all that evilness inside u :)

kitelikefk
08-18-2013, 04:56 AM

The screenshot was taken by me after id been booted from balefort ctf. They spawn and kick people to make it 3v1. If you still beat them you get kicked.
If you are booted from balefort ctf it spawns u in the forest -.-

Itoopeo
08-19-2013, 11:49 AM
Spawning is always fun. Just dont spawn your friends, because you lose them.

If you get spawned, always try to get at least one kill before you get killed (target birds). Later then spawn those guys who spawned you for fun and entertainment.

The Sadness
08-19-2013, 03:38 PM
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

NECROREAPER
08-19-2013, 04:11 PM
Guys, the Samhayne quote posted at the top of this page is a fake, if you click on it it redirects you the "People Behind the Characters" thread.

If you didnt know, quotes can be edited before posting them, for example:

Spawning isn't a part of pvp. It is something that the game allows you to do but still shouldn't be done. If you don't like that possibility, please utilize the report function.

Thread still open!

(***THE ABOVE QUOTE IS TOTALLY FALSE AND WAS CREATED BY ME, SAMHAYNE *DID NOT* SAY ANY OF THOSE THINGS***)

Gaunab
08-19-2013, 04:15 PM
Guys, the Samhayne quote posted at the top of this page is a fake, if you click on it it redirects you the "People Behind the Characters" thread.

I wish that was the case...

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?111249-DOG-isnt-what-it-used-to-be&p=1222172#post1222172

Whatsinaname
08-20-2013, 10:54 AM

Isn't that sorta like saying "If you don't want to be held hostage in a bank robbery you should change banks"? And really, Spawning is a symptom of the greater problem. How often do you see a Rusher come into a game, take a free rush kill, laugh his head off, say thanks and then quit never to be seen until his next Rush and Run episode? There are lots of times there are only two or three games available, one with rushers, one with spawners, and one that's locked. That's not very welcoming is it?

No new comer to PvP has ever been enticed to play PvP by games that they can't participate in because they are locked. Your solution inevitably insures that new players end up in the worst games dominated by the worst sort of players. Like it or not it is the new player (Noobs) that keep this game going. Without Noobs Pocket Legends will wither on the vine and die.

grenadiers
08-20-2013, 09:08 PM

Isn't that sorta like saying "If you don't want to be held hostage in a bank robbery you should change banks"? And really, Spawning is a symptom of the greater problem. How often do you see a Rusher come into a game, take a free rush kill, laugh his head off, say thanks and then quit never to be seen until his next Rush and Run episode? There are lots of times there are only two or three games available, one with rushers, one with spawners, and one that's locked. That's not very welcoming is it?

No new comer to PvP has ever been enticed to play PvP by games that they can't participate in because they are locked. Your solution inevitably insures that new players end up in the worst games dominated by the worst sort of players. Like it or not it is the new player (Noobs) that keep this game going. Without Noobs Pocket Legends will wither on the vine and die.No offense to you but you guys have seriously got to stop over exaggerating your comparisons. The way y'all are putting it I could compare getting killed in a game and getting killed in real life and it be closely related to yalls comparisons. This is a game people. In no way should it be compared to harmful and life threatening situations. I get the picture y'all are trying to prove. I really do. But there has to be a more reasonable way to get your point across.

The Sadness
08-20-2013, 11:01 PM
I was spawned tonight by Ciogafie and his trash partner. I killed both after 1 death, if you see him make sure to return the favor.

Ciogafie 73 bird

Reveals
08-21-2013, 05:02 AM
Lol...

Cheenivie
08-21-2013, 08:21 AM
I was spawned tonight by Ciogafie and his trash partner. I killed both after 1 death, if you see him make sure to return the favor.

Ciogafie 73 bird

I tried to return the favor for you but he booted 6 of my toons :P

Whatsinaname
08-21-2013, 08:24 AM
No offense to you but you guys have seriously got to stop over exaggerating your comparisons.

There is a substantive difference between a comparison (which these are not) and an analogy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analogy) (which these are).

If you would like one that doesn't deal with life and death I will be glad to accommodate you.

The Best Way to be Successful in the Stock market is this

Buy a stock
Wait for the price to go up
If it doesn't go up don't buy it.

It's Both are valid analogies IMHO but the first is easier for most to follow (also IMHO). In the end they are just rhetorical devices to fortify an idea.

Ilovesweets
08-21-2013, 11:11 AM
I think sam was right when he said this ... Don't go in ctf if u don't want to be spawned ... If you are spawned u can do this:
With a bird: shatter scream+ blast shot
With a warrior: rage+beckon+stomp
With a mage: ms+buffs+ice+fire

Leaders level 37
Ilovesweets level 40
Many other

Peanutbritle
08-21-2013, 11:18 AM

Couldn't have said it any better, just the other day I was being spawned and the players said, this is how pvp was when it first started. I was like, "Ummmmm, no," people showed respect in the beginning. Now it's just a bunch of hooligans running around desperate for kills.

Whatsinaname
08-21-2013, 11:24 AM
If you are spawned u can do this:

I would be happy to set up a locked game with you and show you how poorly that will work. With the lag time involved players being spawn killed don't have the time to get one skill in play, much less Three.

Honestly if the solution was as easy as that this thread wouldn't exist.

zappaxe
08-21-2013, 11:32 AM
I think sam was right when he said this ... Don't go in ctf if u don't want to be spawned ... If you are spawned u can do this:

Leaders level 37
Ilovesweets level 40
Many other

I assume (by looking at your sig) that you do not play endgame.
Possibly your techniques would work at the levels you have listed but honestly at endgame there is no way.
I see where you are coming from but I think we are talking endgame here.

Remember nut
08-21-2013, 11:44 AM
Spawning is so nubby

Whatsinaname
08-21-2013, 11:58 AM
Possibly your techniques would work at the levels you have listed but honestly at endgame there is no way.

Those techniques won't work at any level afaics (or guess). Of course I haven't played all levels but it is a problem that transcendant because of the inherent lag that all PvP game instances have.

Whatsinaname
08-21-2013, 12:15 PM
Spawning is so nubby

LOL! Plenty a Self Proclaimed "PRO" Spawn Kill. It is those ratios of Kill to Death that are the basis of those self proclamations. IMHO Spawn Kills has far less to do with being "so nubby" as much as it has to be with being "such a immature jerk".

No one ever becomes a Pro without being a Noob first. It's part of the process. Spawn Killing isn't part of anything other that the unrealized admission by it's practitioners that they don't have the skills to get anywhere near the ratios they so desperately desire with straight up or fair game-play. Spawn Killers have to rely on cheap exploits to justify themselves, and that is really pathetic IMHO.

The fact that SpaceTime isn't willing to correct the problem after all this time and after what has been said is just sad.

angeldawn
08-21-2013, 01:39 PM

Leaders level 37
Ilovesweets level 40
Many other

Please please please try this at end game lol!!!!

Gaunab
08-21-2013, 02:48 PM
Rage-beckon-stomping does actually work well (at 56+) if you do it when their buffs are down. Birds can simply blast quickly (at endgame). They dont stand any chance if there is a tank involved in the spawning tho. Mages are pretty much helpless against spawning.
If you manage to kill them they usually boot you but its satisfying anyways.

Still, a newbie who is unexerienced and possibly undergeared will get smashed completely and his playing experince will most definitely suffer.

Thrall Wire
08-21-2013, 05:06 PM

Spawnorgtfo
Spawnallday
Spawnorcry
Ispawn
Spawntaneous

List goes on...

The Spawness

Remember nut
08-21-2013, 05:26 PM
Still sts need fix the spawning

The Sadness
08-21-2013, 05:40 PM
Necroreaper: you pvp?
cheeniviepl67: isn't that what pros do, boot? And you crack me up.

CrimsonTider
08-21-2013, 05:43 PM

He does not. He is the smart one in this thread. Why do you ask?

The Sadness
08-21-2013, 05:45 PM
He does not. He is the smart one in this thread. Why do you ask?
Forum: PL Player vs. Player Discussion
Talk about all things related to Player vs. Player (PvP) combat and arena here.

No reason.

CrimsonTider
08-21-2013, 06:05 PM
Forum: PL Player vs. Player Discussion
Talk about all things related to Player vs. Player (PvP) combat and arena here.

No reason.

So you're saying he doesn't have a voice because he doesn't PvP? Pretty sure he has just as much say on the forums as anyone else. The PvP section falls under the entire forums which is for everyone.

angeldawn
08-21-2013, 06:23 PM
Pumpkin (Necro) has actually played CTF in the past and understands the game mechanics very well.

I loved when he would sneak for the flag :)

Just because someone may not play currently does not mean they can't comprehend the current situation and voice an opinion.

Cheenivie
08-21-2013, 07:17 PM
cheeniviepl67: isn't that what pros do, boot? And you crack me up.

Huh?

The Sadness
08-22-2013, 04:48 AM
Edit: removed post.

I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to derail thread. Resume spawning discussion.

Thrall Wire
08-22-2013, 03:04 PM
Edit: removed post.

I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to derail thread. Resume spawning discussion.

The Sadness: I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to derail thread. Resume spawning discussion.
Thrall Wire: gud job

Caiahar
08-22-2013, 04:36 PM
That is a system, I know we have it in AL but it is tough to get it back to PL for complex reasons that would take too long to explain here.

JustG's words about Spawning.
So its tough to get it to PL because its complex, That post made me happy :D

NECROREAPER
08-22-2013, 05:49 PM

Rarely. From the beginning I never wanted to get into it because I knew that all it ends up being is a troll infested flame fest, however I would PVP on my AoA character long before all the Fbows came out.

If ever I do PVP its usually only with close friends where we do it to have fun and no one rages or cares about stats.

Thrall Wire
08-23-2013, 02:45 PM
Rarely. From the beginning I never wanted to get into it because I knew that all it ends up being is a troll infested flame fest, however I would PVP on my AoA character long before all the Fbows came out.

If ever I do PVP its usually only with close friends where we do it to have fun and no one rages or cares about stats.

yes thet is wise words!

Doodlebeast
08-24-2013, 03:05 AM
Before FB, I PVP to make friends :p which I tend to talk to much and does not help my kdr at all.. Though it was very fun and peaceful that time

DivineMoustache
08-24-2013, 07:17 AM
There is a substantive difference between a comparison (which these are not) and an analogy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analogy) (which these are).

If you would like one that doesn't deal with life and death I will be glad to accommodate you.

Buy a stock

It's Both are valid analogies IMHO but the first is easier for most to follow (also IMHO). In the end they are just rhetorical devices to fortify an idea.

I broke my PC so I haven't been on in a bit but...compare means: To consider or describe as similar, equal, or analogous. taken from thefreedictionary.com

and no that's not what I'm saying at all. in THIS GAME YOU HAVE A CHOICE TO LEAVE THE MATCH. When you're getting held hostage YOU ARE THERE TO STAY. IT IS NOT IN YOUR CONTROL. The stock market IS NOT IN YOUR CONTROL EITHER.

Spawning is a bad part of the game sure, but you can easily avoid it.

CrimsonTider
08-24-2013, 09:19 AM
Long live spawning.

So, let me get this straight. You say a few pages back that you "didn't say you support this", but then make this ignorant statement. Do you know what the words "hypocrite" and "contradiction" mean. We all know you like to bring drama to the forums, and are probably even one of those annoying alternate accounts, but at least have your stories straight when trying.

Caiahar
08-24-2013, 10:18 AM
In low lvl pvp, if fb gets nerfed (I have faith), I bet those fb spawners would have a pretty hard time with a small dmg bow (when they could use a better wand) against people (and 130+ armor rhino! Maybe rhinos get boosted, I have faith in dat too!!)
In higher lvls, spawners can get beaten easily sometime, with exception of endgame (which I have faith StG will balance)

grenadiers
08-24-2013, 04:33 PM

Buy a stock

I broke my PC so I haven't been on in a bit but...compare means: To consider or describe as similar, equal, or analogous. taken from thefreedictionary.com

and no that's not what I'm saying at all. in THIS GAME YOU HAVE A CHOICE TO LEAVE THE MATCH. When you're getting held hostage YOU ARE THERE TO STAY. IT IS NOT IN YOUR CONTROL. The stock market IS NOT IN YOUR CONTROL EITHER.

Spawning is a bad part of the game sure, but you can easily avoid it.Omg I love you
PS: no homo

CrimsonTider
08-24-2013, 05:13 PM
It was a joke no need to be so serious.

This is the internet, not a face to face conversation. There are ways to distinguish the difference between a joke and a statement.

dudetus
08-24-2013, 05:18 PM
This is the internet, not a face to face conversation. There are ways to distinguish the difference between a joke and a statement.

I state this reply to be a joke!

Sometimes I crack myself up :)

DivineMoustache
08-24-2013, 06:39 PM
Omg I love you
PS: no homo

okey

The Sadness
08-25-2013, 07:06 AM
I state this reply to be a joke!

Sometimes I crack myself up :)
This is serious business. Digital animals' lives are at stake here.

Whatsinaname
08-26-2013, 02:01 PM
Spawning is a bad part of the game sure, but you can easily avoid it.

And By "Easily Avoid It" you mean Stop Playing PVP.

I won't use comparison or analogies any more. Spawning? It Sucks. When you end up in a game with Spawners? it Sucks. Spacetime saying "Spawning is part of the game"? Sucks. The fact that it is more difficult for them to change than it's worth? Sucks.

So this Spawning deal Sucks all four ways and down IMHO.

I am not using the Word "Sucks" and a Comparison, an Analogy or a Vulgarity, I am using it as an an expression of disappointment and disapproval.

Caiahar
08-26-2013, 02:10 PM
G did say gates/invincibility in spawn is difficult/hard.

DivineMoustache
08-26-2013, 06:36 PM
And By "Easily Avoid It" you mean Stop Playing PVP.

I won't use comparison or analogies any more. Spawning? It Sucks. When you end up in a game with Spawners? it Sucks. Spacetime saying "Spawning is part of the game"? Sucks. The fact that it is more difficult for them to change than it's worth? Sucks.

So this Spawning deal Sucks all four ways and down IMHO.

I am not using the Word "Sucks" and a Comparison, an Analogy or a Vulgarity, I am using it as an an expression of disappointment and disapproval.

Sure it sucks, but let me reiterate this again: IT CAN BE EASILY AVOIDED by making another game or joining another game. I seriously doubt you will have trouble finding a game of PvP that doesn't have a spawner when there are countless threads and 80 freaking posts on this thread alone about how spawning sucks.

EDIT: sorry it's 151 posts, not 80. thought it went by the 10 posts per page rule.

The Sadness
08-26-2013, 08:00 PM
Host.