PDA

View Full Version : Ranged attacks and weapons in pvp unbalanced

powerlevelz
08-13-2013, 07:01 PM
It seems that ranged classes like enchanter and birds have unfair advantage. Not the classes themselves but the mechanism of range. They can combine melee weapons with ranged attacks, and they can also kite you from very far before you get a chance to attack. I feel their exploiting this especially with the phoenix bow. Even with the dragonscale beastly set, theres nothing that can be done to avoid the flurry of ranged attacks.

DivineMoustache
08-13-2013, 07:04 PM
yea this is the one game I've played where the melee class doesn't have enough damage capability to make up for lack of range, or tank capability to absorb damage. It's also one of the first times that I've seen an archer type character designed to do the most dps. maybe good at first, but it seems like it's getting rather out of hand...quickly!

Swords
08-13-2013, 08:53 PM
Endgame bears = Beckon stomp slash, overpowered especially beastly bears

Zeus
08-13-2013, 10:40 PM
Trust me, if you think bears aren't strong enough, you're not playing your class properly.

DivineMoustache
08-13-2013, 11:02 PM
I'd say under 50 melee bears are rather underpowered, the dodge makes up for a lot of it later in the game I guess. I know at endgame they are pretty strong, but mostly I've heard because of the dodge.

ThePvpTwink
08-14-2013, 12:11 AM
L30-40 plat pack/reaper bears can kill pro mages and birds even with fbow. Beckon and dodge from evade/taunt make up for their loss if range

Blastyou
08-14-2013, 01:00 AM
That's what beckon is for. If it misses, back off and wait for recharge. If you find yourself running after a bird swinging your sword uselessly, you messed up.

Waug
08-14-2013, 05:55 AM
Trust me, if you think bears aren't strong enough, you're not playing your class properly.

this is....

@op
Learn ur class, as bears ur thinking I don't have range attacts than as rang-ers you'll think I'm squishy, fact is you can't tank as rang-er or range kill as tanker, use your advantages and try to overcome ur disadvantages.

Spyce
08-14-2013, 07:06 AM
Bears are "underpowered" because they don't have enough time to get there combo in.

Waug
08-14-2013, 08:16 AM
Bears are "underpowered" because they don't have enough time to get there combo in.

if its not lvl based and not troll base also then for most of the lvl, this statement is baseless.

Spyce
08-14-2013, 08:17 AM
if its not lvl based and not troll base also then for most of the lvl, this statement is baseless.

I was referring to endgame.

Birds: Blast, blast, dead.

Extreme
08-14-2013, 08:19 AM

Rlly? If the bear can play their class, Bird is ez.

Waug
08-14-2013, 09:04 AM

myth more please.

a bear die just by blast, through that huge dodge then a hp which is > blast dmg cutting through that high armor even with 100% crit its possible?

again if u mentioned 2 blasts that in the mean time bear could deliver his whole combo whearas even from mid lvl to endgame just beacon stomp can kill a bird easily.

Spyce
08-14-2013, 09:43 AM
myth more please.

a bear die just by blast, through that huge dodge then a hp which is > blast dmg cutting through that high armor even with 100% crit its possible?

again if u mentioned 2 blasts that in the mean time bear could deliver his whole combo whearas even from mid lvl to endgame just beacon stomp can kill a bird easily.

I've never done endgame so I wouldn't know.

At 56, all birds have to do is kite and not get hit my the bear's combo to win.

Zeus
08-14-2013, 12:39 PM
I've never done endgame so I wouldn't know.

At 56, all birds have to do is kite and not get hit my the bear's combo to win.

At 56, bear is arguably one of the strongest classes so you must be doing something wrong...

dudetus
08-14-2013, 12:48 PM
Lets just make an MMO which has 1 class, no skills, no weapons, no armors and no hp, mana or stats.

Guaranteed balance.

Dummeh
08-14-2013, 01:03 PM
I agree with the range classes having advantages definitely end game. If you're a fox or rhino you can close in tho and make it fair, but the rhino is underpowered, and fox dodge doesn't last too long.

ThePvpTwink
08-15-2013, 12:23 AM
A savage bear can kill many elite swift birds having advantage of around 300 armor 850 health and 80ish dodge. Just need to land a stun on a bird with 70% dodge and get in close for slashes to kill. Or just beckon and stomp if lucky but if beckon or he'll scream misses then you'd prob lose... Which is why many bears go dex to make up for the loss of range

ooommmggg
08-15-2013, 12:33 AM
Lets just make an MMO which has 1 class, no different skills, no different weapons, no different armors and no difference in hp, mana or stats.

Guaranteed balance.

Sounds like DL to me...