PDA

View Full Version : Spacetime Studios new game... Will it be an MMO?

Varking
10-28-2010, 06:39 PM
According to your new tweet, which leads to this article:

http://www.thealistdaily.com/news/feature-an-mmo-legend-in-a-pocket/

It states:

“We're starting another game very soon. It will be mobile to start out, mobile plus other platforms,” said Gattis, who noted that they won't wait to release it on Android and PC. “Once our technology is expanded to other platforms, we'll be able to launch on them pretty much day one. Early next year we're going to be talking about it more.”

I know you said you won't talk about much until 2011, but will the new game be an MMORPG?

MoarPewPew
10-28-2010, 06:51 PM
I do not dismiss the hard and wonderful work of StS but before they even start to develop another mmorpg im sure there staff will expand first.

Also I thought they had a vampire mmo in the works... But I may be very off... Lol

smoae
10-28-2010, 07:48 PM
eh im not too excited about the other platforms the reason pocket legends is so cool is that it has so much depth for just a mobile game, on the pc however, you can get into a LOT more depth and i dont think that pocket legends would work as well on pc because of competitors like WoW, guild wars, lord of the rings, warhammer, everquest, etc.

Varking
10-28-2010, 07:58 PM
eh im not too excited about the other platforms the reason pocket legends is so cool is that it has so much depth for just a mobile game, on the pc however, you can get into a LOT more depth and i dont think that pocket legends would work as well on pc because of competitors like WoW, guild wars, lord of the rings, warhammer, everquest, etc.

I don't really think this is to make PC players specifically come into the game. I think that would be an added bonus. I look at the PC Client more as a way of rewarding mobile players by giving them the option to save battery or not be plugged into a wall when at home to play for more than three hours at a time.

Arterra
10-28-2010, 08:10 PM
BLACKSTAR mmo ftw. let there we spaceship wars!

Varking
10-29-2010, 07:36 PM
Well, I asked them on Twitter:

@PocketLegends will your next game be an mmo as well?

They responded:

@Varking Highly likely!

Royce
10-29-2010, 07:41 PM
You find articles about Blackstar and Empire of Night here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/content.php?3-video-games

The "starting another game soon" part kinda makes me think he wasn't talking about either of those though...

kingotw
11-15-2010, 11:20 AM
BLACKSTAR mmo ftw. let there we spaceship wars!

I so want this game. I hope they learned from nine pound studios who make Xenome on how to make an open world. They load sections of the map as you near them. They have a youtube vid kinda showing what they did. I would pay $20 for this kind of game (mmo with great graphix) for my phone. Then have the store like PL, but no weapons/armor and no gold to buy. Color dyes for armor and ships would rock. That would be ideal for me :0) Also for those saying Blackstar only for PC, have you seen that unreal 3 engine runs on iphone!

Arterra
11-15-2010, 11:30 AM
If it turned out anything like a 3D version of Warpgate I'm happy.