PDA

View Full Version : gold beggars a detriment on al society

djironlung
08-14-2013, 03:05 AM
Gold beggars are the most annoying and harassing players in al and don't even deserve to play the game. they serve no function and take away from a gaming society that just plays the game and earns their keep by playing and/or paying for it.sts needs to treat these players as scammers cause this in essence is what they are doing, scamming. they harass players and try to scam then through guilt into giving away their stuff. it's a nuisance and very harassing there is nothing positive about what they are doing and they don't deserve to play this game. SO PLEASE STS START BANNING THESE BEGGARS IMMEDIATELY AND PUT AN END TO THEIR HARASSMENT AND SCAMMING. STS NEEDS TO ALLOW US TO TREAT THEM AS SCAMMERS AND WHEN THEY ARE REPORTED AS A SCAMMER, THEY NEED TO SUSPEND AND/OR BAN THESE PLAYERS SO THAT AN END CAN BE PUT TO THIS. SAVE US GOOD PRODUCTIVE MEMBERS OF THIS GAMING SOCIETY FROM THIS TRASH AND ELIMINATE THESE PLAYERS. PUT AN END TO THE HARASSMENT. STS PLEASE HEAR US

matanofx
08-14-2013, 03:11 AM
If they give members who use the N word a 7 days ban i dont see why not implement it upon people caught begging.

Nothing more than that tho, maybe even a 1 day ban, long as there's a reason for them to not beg again.

djironlung
08-14-2013, 03:16 AM
exactly my point and I should have mentioned these people harass you if you ignore or say no by pm'ing you please ten to fifteen times in a row which is ultra harassing and no one has time to ignore every beggar as there are at least three beggars in every town all the time. they have become a scamming, harassing menace

Energizeric
08-14-2013, 03:24 AM
Yes, the neighborhood is going to hell. LOL

Too funny how this game is so similar to real life.

JaytB
08-14-2013, 04:20 AM
I think you're seriously overreacting.

Don't get me wrong, they're really annoying but simply add them to your ignore list and forget about it. Simple right? It's not like they can mug you or anything.

Energizeric
08-14-2013, 04:42 AM
Maybe STS needs to pass some laws making vagrancy a crime. Haha

Alfred Emmanuel Tanopo
08-14-2013, 05:09 AM
I usually ignore beggars sending me private messages saying "Gold please?" or "give me your weapon" etc etc but whenever I see toons working hard, shouting in towns, selling cheap items, I usually buy the item though I don't need it. I just want to reward their effort to earn gold instead of begging.

Like this certain instance, I was at the outpost and a certain lvl 20 below warrior saying "Try your luck with Silver Chest for only 500 Gold!". I bought one from him and I commended him for the great job he's doing even if its for just a small amount. I asked him what does he need the gold for? He said that he's saving up for an abegail egg. After that, I went to the Auction house and bought the cheapest abegail egg (worth only about 5k or so) and gave it to him. He was asking me for a trade so he could pay me with some gold, I refused and told him to accept it as a gift. :)

Alfai
08-14-2013, 05:32 AM
Its a hideous thing yes but beggars will always be there (those who wants the easy way out).reported 1 another 10 comes out.banned?create another toom with different email and they are back in arlour.its a vicious cycle yes.

STS might not be able to keep track and take actions cpnsistently against them and they are basing on our report.so its a community effort to create a metwork by playing an active role to help them identify and take appropriatw actions.if this can somejow be cpnsistently done they will get the message that to have gold it doesnt drop from arlour sky yet i have to put effort to do something like dailies which means its daily available for me.

IronMonkey
08-14-2013, 05:38 AM
I think you're seriously overreacting.

Don't get me wrong, they're really annoying but simply add them to your ignore list and forget about it. Simple right? It's not like they can mug you or anything.

Simple indeed.

Linkincena
08-14-2013, 05:39 AM
Its Simple... "They read the Athenum Guide ("Why Merch when u can Mooch?" ) on begging ))

Alhuntrazeck
08-14-2013, 07:33 AM
Don't ban beggars plzzzz! I have PLENTY of fun trolling them, tyvm.

Like the other day someone asked me for a slug. I party-invited him, went to CTF, got him to join, and farmed him for several minutes. He did ask for a slug.

moot
08-14-2013, 07:58 AM
Don't ban beggars plzzzz! I have PLENTY of fun trolling them, tyvm.

Like the other day someone asked me for a slug. I party-invited him, went to CTF, got him to join, and farmed him for several minutes. He did ask for a slug.
dat slug.

One time I force a beggar to pt me and get naked running around 2 city. He did it and I give him 2 gold.

Revealing
08-14-2013, 08:08 AM
That's too harsh I prolly say 40% of people beg
It is annoying as u say but that would be too UNFAIR.

Mute and carry on

Soundlesskill
08-14-2013, 08:26 AM
"10k pls sir"
Me: "10k pls sir" or "no english i?!???"

Spyce
08-14-2013, 08:30 AM
Just ignore them.
They need to learn to play the game correctly like everyone else.

wvhills
08-14-2013, 09:04 AM
just ignore them man

Temarichan
08-14-2013, 09:18 AM
I've learned to ignore them.

If they seemingly keep PMing me to the point of annoyance. I yell at them and give them advice. If it continues. I add them to the "ignore" list. (--"

Some players who are new to this game should realize the fact that you really can't progress fast without platinum. Like 25 plat into gold. Which...I have to say, does seem a little unfair sometimes. I wouldn't be surprised if main currency will be almost replaced by platinum. (Which it won't, I know, you can't trade plat).

Anywho. Just ignore. You cannot ever eliminate Beggers in the AL society.

Wutzgood
08-14-2013, 09:45 AM
I find them amusing. I always tell them did you know enemies drop gold and items when you kill them? If they say yes I say go kill some then. The guild I'm in kicks beggars so its only the ones in town I see.

Meljann
08-14-2013, 09:57 AM
Lol every where I go money please(I ignore and just walk away) it can be annoying at times

Temarichan
08-14-2013, 10:21 AM
.......I have the tendency to tease them 

Szangheili
08-14-2013, 10:35 AM
I hate it when I literally just got into town and they pm me "Pls give meh 2.5k, plsss", why even beg in a video game? But there is one more annoying thing than begging in this game. And that's the countless, "looking for bf" lmao, never knew this was eharmony.. Is it even possible to go out in game? Like if you don't sign in for a day, would they think you're cheating? O.O Lol this game's community is something else, at least some of it.

Temarichan
08-14-2013, 11:45 PM
I hate it when I literally just got into town and they pm me "Pls give meh 2.5k, plsss", why even beg in a video game? But there is one more annoying thing than begging in this game. And that's the countless, "looking for bf" lmao, never knew this was eharmony.. Is it even possible to go out in game? Like if you don't sign in for a day, would they think you're cheating? O.O Lol this game's community is something else, at least some of it.

Guild CASTLES are seemingly becoming a dating hall (--"

I really don't like it when I glide through there to get to the hall. It's really amazing how quick they tap on you to send a messege or friend request. And when I mean fast, I mean, I'm running from one end of the circle to the other with a 13% speed bonus from abaddon. O.O.

Yes I know some people who dated in-game but never ended well.  don't try. Unless your extremely lucky.

I know that it's hard to get gold, but low level people who starts out on AL should know that its a "Pay-To-Win" game now 

Szangheili
08-15-2013, 12:31 AM
Lol guild castle is eharmony central. The moment I step in i literally jump with my hammer skill to the other side in a matter of two seconds and i still somehow get pms from them. What pisses me off the most are little gold diggers that tell me, "I'll be your gf is you give me X amount of gold, or an item." I hate the noob community in this game..

gison
08-15-2013, 05:10 AM
It's not that hard to mute them guys :)

No need to post a thread about it

Destroyerfour
08-15-2013, 05:25 AM
Hate beggars there noobs and they say u a noob for ex. Rattboo a very very noob mage that begs and say noob things and always swear pls report.

Cahaun
08-15-2013, 05:31 AM
I remember a time in SL when I suggested that the bounty boards in Blackstar be put to good use; the beggars would be marked and dealt with accordingly.

Insomniack
08-15-2013, 10:24 AM
I remember a time in SL when I suggested that the bounty boards in Blackstar be put to good use; the beggars would be marked and dealt with accordingly.

Damn, that would be useful! xD

Szangheili
08-15-2013, 11:32 AM
It's not that hard to mute them guys :)

No need to post a thread about it
True, but it is alot harder to mute all.of the players at eharmony central, there's like 50 in one small guild castle o.o

djironlung
08-15-2013, 06:08 PM
I remember a time in SL when I suggested that the bounty boards in Blackstar be put to good use; the beggars would be marked and dealt with accordingly. yes please let's kill them all and make it like early wow where when you died you were dead and had to start over lol

Redtank
08-15-2013, 06:19 PM
When a beggar asks for gold go into trade put one gold in they automatically leave lol

Buriedalive
08-16-2013, 03:07 PM
100% agreed. Today someone begged me for 3k gold to be able to buy a "cheap" armor. I ignored he/she and he/she started to shout that I'm a scammer and everyone should report/ ignore me.
I especially hate those who randomly jumps in to a guild and start begging to get promoted to officer/ recruiter or whatever.

Another example: A guy randomly get invited to the guild, then he start asking for free mythic guns and to give him enough money to buy him one etc.
He gets kicked. Then he starts to sending me PMs that hes going to find me irl and kill me with his dad. That just want me to throw away my phone.

Szangheili
08-16-2013, 03:34 PM
Lol just last night i denied someone after begging for 2k, and this is what he told me.

Shanamerny
08-18-2013, 03:33 PM
Lol just last night i denied someone after begging for 2k, and this is what he told me.

Lmfao! He really asked for your address. I would've made one up and said I'll be waiting lolol

threnody
08-18-2013, 05:44 PM
The beggars annoy me a lot too, but it is not too hard to ignore them if they are pushy (sometimes after a modest attempt to shame them, which I'm not proud of, but it is good for a laugh). However, I try to keep the whole "give a man a fish vs teach a man to fish" philosophy in mind. When a beggar seems to be a genuinely clueless player, or a newbie or kid who doesn't know it's bad etiquette to beg on AL, I will take the time to try and educate them and give them tips about ways to save up gold without begging. There are things I had no clue about when I first started that I wish I had known sooner (e.g. swapping out pets when they get hungry instead of autofeeding, and learning how to use the consignment store sooner).