PDA

View Full Version : Rare Treasure Chests....

Energizeric
08-14-2013, 04:40 AM
I think there should be a mythic rarity item called a "Treasure Chest" which when opened contains a random amount of gold between 1m and 10m. It should be an extremely rare drop that comes from any boss, elite or non-elite. But so extremely rare that most players will never see one drop. We are talking maybe 1 in 10k drops would be one of these. They can be opened or sold like any other item.

I think it will create the very rare possibility of striking it rich while farming any dungeon, and will give incentive to kill the boss in most dungeons. Kind of like a rare chance of winning the lottery.

Alfred Emmanuel Tanopo
08-14-2013, 04:59 AM
I have somewhat the same idea but instead of gold, why not chest coming out of chests too? like a locked coming from a copper chest (with the smallest percentage of course) or vice versa

Umbras
08-14-2013, 10:49 AM
Very cool suggestion Energ :)
this would be so awesome
+1

FluffNStuff
08-14-2013, 10:53 AM
They need to add a new rarity for this stuff that is above to Mythic, but not worth more then Mythic. The reason is so it can not be rerolled to unless you drop a Mythic first ;)

Energizeric
08-14-2013, 05:36 PM
To add to this, I would make it so that this item cannot be gotten as a result of a reroll from a pink. Make it so that rerolls top out at pink, and these Treasure Chests are not affected by luck elixirs.

Rckless
08-14-2013, 05:48 PM
Nice idea!!! But make less then 1m becuase no one will farm if its to hard to get.

Taejo
08-14-2013, 06:13 PM
Nice idea!!! But make less then 1m becuase no one will farm if its to hard to get.

If I'm not mistaken, the entire point of Energizeric's idea is to make it a randomized, ultra-rare, and super lucky reward for killing a non-elite or elite boss. It is not something that's sole purpose of existing is so that players can farm it. If a chest containing 1-10m gold was a farmable piece of loot, this game's economy would be over within a week of it being introduced. As he mentioned, very few players will ever actually obtain this chest, let alone see one drop. The incentive is still there, however, to try and find this illusive chest; because just like the lottery - you might just win!

EDIT: Energizeric - what is your take on having a special leaderboard announcing the lucky people who find a chest? The leaderboard could read as such (with better formatting of course):

Mythic Chest Discoveries:

[Elite - Oltgar Keep] -- Samhayne -- 06/22/2013
Windmoore Harbor -- Cheonje -- 08/14/2013
[Elite - Rook's Nest] -- Alrisaia -- 09/03/2013

Doesn't need to have a banner, just more so a congratulatory announcement for the community to see and also proof that they do exist. Definitely have no achievement for this, either.

Energizeric
08-14-2013, 06:53 PM
EDIT: Energizeric - what is your take on having a special leaderboard announcing the lucky people who find a chest? The leaderboard could read as such (with better formatting of course):

Mythic Chest Discoveries:

[Elite - Oltgar Keep] -- Samhayne -- 06/22/2013
Windmoore Harbor -- Cheonje -- 08/14/2013
[Elite - Rook's Nest] -- Alrisaia -- 09/03/2013

Doesn't need to have a banner, just more so a congratulatory announcement for the community to see and also proof that they do exist. Definitely have no achievement for this, either.

Cool idea! I like it!

And yes, this is not supposed to be an item you will farm. But perhaps it will convince players to finish the boss on each dungeon rather than leave before the boss. Because just like the lottery catch phrase, "you never know!".

Spyce
08-14-2013, 07:17 PM
The chest would be priceless then!

Energizeric
08-14-2013, 07:23 PM
The chest would be priceless then!

If the chest said in the description "This chest contains a random amount of gold between 1m and 10m", then it would seem to me that its value should be at the half way point of 5.5m. So if you are not the gambling type, you could probably sell it for slightly less than that amount to another player who likes to gamble.

IronMonkey
08-14-2013, 07:56 PM
Isn't this the same concept as locked crates? If the reward of, say 1 million, why not include this inside the locked crates with the same rarity as that of arcane items?

Szangheili
08-14-2013, 08:04 PM
^^ No, don't add this to locked crates, because then, once again, nobody will complete bosses, they'd just have more of a reason to farm crates.

Alfred Emmanuel Tanopo
08-14-2013, 08:26 PM
ultra rare and untradable

Taejo
08-14-2013, 09:28 PM
^^ No, don't add this to locked crates, because then, once again, nobody will complete bosses, they'd just have more of a reason to farm crates.

Exactly. Also, adding a jackpot to crates is an entirely separate idea. The discovery of these chests will be grand, exciting and very rare. This idea is great for everyone who plays - both plat spenders and non.

Energizeric
08-14-2013, 10:58 PM
Isn't this the same concept as locked crates? If the reward of, say 1 million, why not include this inside the locked crates with the same rarity as that of arcane items?

Not really. Locked crates are more of a gamble, plus they cost plat to open.

This Treasure Chest would not cost any plat to open, and it would be guaranteed to have at least 1m gold in it.

najcomp
08-14-2013, 11:24 PM
Good idea..but not 1:10k but make it 1:1k.

Szangheili
08-14-2013, 11:27 PM
Good idea..but not 1:10k but make it 1:1k.
No, 1:10k sounds good, you don't want lots of millionaires running around in a few weeks.

Laurentsz
08-14-2013, 11:35 PM
when sts released this chest, i think the money will flood in this game. i said, better no for this one. i know u guys want to said it very hard for farming, but dont ruin this game please..

Szangheili
08-15-2013, 12:22 AM
If it's this rare, it shouldn't ruin the game drastically, I'm guessing one will drop every month, and to keep the game stable, it shouldn't be able to be put in the auction.

Alfred Emmanuel Tanopo
08-15-2013, 01:05 AM
too much money will ruin the game. Make it as rare as winning the lottery jackpot.

Energizeric
08-15-2013, 01:19 AM
too much money will ruin the game. Make it as rare as winning the lottery jackpot.

Yes, agreed. It should be rare like looting an arcane maul from an elite golden chest. Really really rare.