PDA

View Full Version : Private Msgs and Trade Request Flooding

Snapped
08-14-2013, 09:26 AM
I recently had a random player request I give him all my items. As usual, I ignored his request. He resorted to a mild threat, which I also ignored.

He proceeded to flood me with constant private messages and trade requests. They where coming so fast and constant I had to leave and restart the game. I tried using the ignore player button during the flooding, but it had no effect.

Do these trolls have really fast fingers or are they using a script to do this?

Spyce
08-14-2013, 09:31 AM
When ignoring a player, you won't see the messages he spams you with.
You will still see the friend requests and trade spams.

Snapped
08-14-2013, 01:59 PM
When ignoring a player, you won't see the messages he spams you worth.
You will still see the friend requests and trade spams.

I don't understand your answer. But thanks, I guess.

<scratching head>

doomdoomdoom
08-14-2013, 02:07 PM
Seems like if I add someone to my ignore list...I shouldn't be bothered by their trade requests. Would be nice if STS changed that.

As far as the fast fingers...they probably have something like /r <annoying beggar message> saved in their hotkey messages. They ask you once, you reply...so now that /r messages goes to you. I suppose you could at least make them work a little harder by not replying at all so /r messages don't go to you.

Snapped
08-14-2013, 02:18 PM
Seems like if I add someone to my ignore list...I shouldn't be bothered by their trade requests. Would be nice if STS changed that.

As far as the fast fingers...they probably have something like /r <annoying beggar message> saved in their hotkey messages. They ask you once, you reply...so now that /r messages goes to you. I suppose you could at least make them work a little harder by not replying at all so /r messages don't go to you.

Thanks for the reply Doomdoom..

That makes sense...So when I got the flood of trade requests and messaged him to stop, it set me up for the flood of private messages too.

Thanks for the insight. I'd give you two thumbs up if I could. :)

Snapped
08-14-2013, 02:30 PM
And yes, I do agree Doomdoom, trade requests should be denied if the troll is on your ignore list. He hit me again twice when I was in same area as him as I played today. Although I had him on my ignore list, I still received his trade flood.

Trolls will be trolls, but it frustrating when it interferes with your gameplay.

Kuero
08-14-2013, 02:53 PM

The op stated that he was ignoring the beggar, so /r wouldn't work out here

Snapped
08-14-2013, 03:15 PM
The op stated that he was ignoring the beggar, so /r wouldn't work out here

Kuero,

I clarified the response. Reread and see if you agree and respond.

Thanks

Skeletonlord
08-14-2013, 03:26 PM
Someone did this to me earlier. This happened on PL, not DL.

I got quite a few trade requests. It eventually stopped though.

I do agree with you though, about having denials when you've ignored someone and they try to message or trade with you.

Aracnus
08-14-2013, 03:28 PM
There are 3 things you can do to stop this problem!

1: Ignore He/She
2: Go to Options > Social Settings > Turn off notifications for trade and friend request
3: Carry on about your day! :-)

doomdoomdoom
08-14-2013, 03:44 PM
Aracnus is the clever one....I forgot you could turn off trade notifications. Good thinking. ^_^

Snapped
08-14-2013, 03:52 PM
There are 3 things you can do to stop this problem!

1: Ignore He/She
2: Go to Options > Social Settings > Turn off notifications for trade and friend request
3: Carry on about your day! :-)

Aracnus, you have a shallow idea that promotes giving into trolls.

No one should be forced to globally turn off the social functions because of trolling behavior.

Rather, trolls on your ignore list, shouldn't be able to contact you with any of the social related functions.

canislupis081376
08-14-2013, 07:45 PM
Aracnus, you have a shallow idea that promotes giving into trolls.

No one should be forced to globally turn off the social functions because of trolling behavior.

Rather, trolls on your ignore list, shouldn't be able to contact you with any of the social related functions.
^ this, exactly. bad enough you have to deal with all the silly ones out there. To deal w/ a spammer/flooder...just isn't right. Maybe they'll fix that right before or after they fix the Harg bug...or the executions that never spawn...idk..

Kuero
08-15-2013, 08:26 AM
Kuero,

I clarified the response. Reread and see if you agree and respond.

Thanks

What are you talking about? If you ignore a beggar he can't respond with /r. There is nothing to clarify, it's simple

doomdoomdoom
08-15-2013, 11:31 AM
What are you talking about? If you ignore a beggar he can't respond with /r. There is nothing to clarify, it's simple

I think he meant that during the flooding he tried to hit the Ignore button but it seemed like it wasn't working. The spammer sent so many PMs and Trade requests it crippled his system to the point that he had to restart the game before he could do anything.