PDA

View Full Version : Leaderboards

Slardz
08-14-2013, 11:46 AM
How about twinks have there own leaderboards? O_o
Because Level 31's are been Removed on there Places on the leaderboard and the twink replace on that position am I right?

Hinataa
08-14-2013, 11:50 AM
That was suggested many many times:p

Slardz
08-14-2013, 11:51 AM
Leaderboards for Twinks
Leaderboards for main
That is good -.-

Slardz
08-14-2013, 11:54 AM
Just like an example 13838 kills Deaths 100-300
While 31's Kdr is 11929 9838

iluvataris
08-14-2013, 01:09 PM
Agree 100% we should be seperated.

DocDoBig
08-14-2013, 01:37 PM
Maybe one for 31's and one for 30's and below.

Or one for each level lol. 31/36 different ones aren't really hard to develop (i think), but maybe it will take up some space.

Soundlesskill
08-14-2013, 02:27 PM
Just make 1 for each lvl LOL!
I'm jk, yes separate cap and the rest.. Upon them reaching cap. They must earn their amount of kills before moving to the cap lb. not counting in their twinkster kills. Their record will remain on the twink lb after moving up, but they will be unable to coninye on tht lb.
Make different banners too. One for cap one for twjnks

Taejo
08-14-2013, 03:15 PM
Maybe one for 31's and one for 30's and below.

Or one for each level lol. 31/36 different ones aren't really hard to develop (i think), but maybe it will take up some space.

It's a huge undertaking for STS to revamp the LB situation. Since we're asking for a change, let's keep it simple for them to implement. Each season can be divided into two categories: the capped levels (30/31, 35/36, etc.) and the undercap levels (1-29, 1-34, etc. So for example, Season 5 will have 2 LBs: one for L1-34, and another for L35/36. However, the major underlying problem with this idea comes into play when a player levels up from 34 into 35. I am curious if STG's engine would be able to facilitate such an update as seamless as the current LBs update. Hopefully it can without requiring the release of a new client.

EDIT: The easier solution which many people will dislike completely, is to keep the LB the same but modify the PvE kills and PvP kills/flags sections so that your name can't be posted unless you're L35/36. Twinks can still boast their stats when people inspect them, but they wouldn't count towards the LB rankings. This solution eases up the stress of STS having to completely rewrite all of the code, and like I mentioned above, alleviate the potential for them to have to release a new client. I think their current engine could facilitate this change. Also, the reason I say only PvE and PvP kills/flags is because we can't mess with timed runs simply because those maps scale to level and everyone has a somewhat fair chance. Yes, Hauntlet and Watcher's Tombs are the exception. But I don't see a fair way to fix that issue without a complete overhaul of the LB system.

Energizeric
08-14-2013, 05:15 PM
What you ask is impossible. There is no way to clearly differentiate between twink and end game. For example, what if a player played up until last week at level 10, but now he is level 31. He is end game, but some of his stats were earned while at level 10. What if he played up until last month at level 10 and then leveled up to 31. Most of my pvp kills were at level 26, but that was when level 26 was end game. Everyone levels up at their own pace. Some people reach end game a week after starting to play AL, while others may spend a week at every level and gradually level up. There is no way to separate everyone into different groups as there are too many different circumstances.

There are plenty of leaderboards that are exclusive to end gamers, such as the Elite timed runs (must be end game to do Elites) and the Top Players leaderboards (you need achievements from every campaign including the most recent one which can only be done by end gamers). If you are worried about twinks, then concentrate on those leaderboards that are end game exclusive.

Taejo
08-14-2013, 05:22 PM
What you ask is impossible. There is no way to clearly differentiate between twink and end game. For example, what if a player played up until last week at level 10, but now he is level 31. He is end game, but some of his stats were earned while at level 10. What if he played up until last month at level 10 and then leveled up to 31. Most of my pvp kills were at level 26, but that was when level 26 was end game. Everyone levels up at their own pace. Some people reach end game a week after starting to play AL, while others may spend a week at every level and gradually level up. There is no way to separate everyone into different groups as there are too many different circumstances.

There are plenty of leaderboards that are exclusive to end gamers, such as the Elite timed runs (must be end game to do Elites) and the Top Players leaderboards (you need achievements from every campaign including the most recent one which can only be done by end gamers). If you are worried about twinks, then concentrate on those leaderboards that are end game exclusive.

Impossible? No. Impractical? Definitely. Many other games divide the capped level from the rest of the players. However, the method in which they do this is: no kills count unless you're level capped and with each new season your kills reset. Thus you have lifetime kills and seasonal kills.

gison
08-14-2013, 05:26 PM

Yes, I agree with you.

And also to OP, getting on LB doesn't show skill, it shows how many kills you have, I've seen a bunch of players dominate "Lb pros" and they're not even on LB.

SKILL>LB.

Azepeiete
08-14-2013, 05:35 PM
Only receive banners on l31.

Temarichan
08-14-2013, 11:29 PM
Maybe you can register as a twink B)

There should be maybe separate pvp leaderboards into level sections (I.e level 5-10)