PDA

View Full Version : Will UCLA still accept if you "cheated" once in your lifetime? (Only once)

LIGHTNINGLORD67
10-28-2010, 07:35 PM
One of my friends @ school was very upset today. I asked him what was wrong, and his teacher accused him of cheating because the teacher thinks he gave his paper to someone else so that they can copy.

He got into this big conversation about it, so let me just get to the point. I am on his side and I believe him. I just want to know: Will UCLA still accept if you "cheated" once in your lifetime? Only once.

Thx in adv!

Varking
10-28-2010, 07:39 PM
As long as he meets their academic criteria, yes, they will still accept him.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
10-28-2010, 07:40 PM
As long as he meets their academic criteria, yes, they will still accept him.

Do you know UCLA's minimum requirements? I can't search it on google.

Varking
10-28-2010, 07:41 PM
Do you know UCLA's minimum requirements? I can't search it on google.

I do not know them for sure, and I won't tell what College I attend, but I plagiarized once, which is worse than cheating and I know they have higher academic standards than most schools in the country and they were willing to overlook it.

MoarPewPew
10-28-2010, 07:42 PM
If this is middle school than he I fine and if this high school he is still
Fine. If you friend get exptionaly good grades and has a very nice transcript anything can happen. If is GPA is solid and above UCLA min requirement then he has a chance. But he will ge in threw hard work and effort.

And also if your friend is that upset about this " supposed cheating "
I wonder how he will feel if he gets rejected from
His top school he wanted to join.

Also in assuming your in middle school... Lolz

LIGHTNINGLORD67
10-28-2010, 07:43 PM
I do not know them for sure, and I won't tell what College I attend, but I plagiarized once, which is worse than cheating and I know they have higher academic standards than most schools in the country and they were willing to overlook it.

Cool, thanks.

Also, what do you mean by plagiarized?

LIGHTNINGLORD67
10-28-2010, 07:43 PM
If this is middle school than he I fine and if this high school he is still
Fine. If you friend get exptionaly good grades and has a very nice transcript anything can happen. If is GPA is solid and above UCLA min requirement then he has a chance. But he will ge in threw hard work and effort.

And also if your friend is that upset about this " supposed cheating "
I wonder how he will feel if he gets rejected from
His top school he wanted to join.

Also in assuming your in middle school... Lolz

Thanks

Also, we're both in high school ;)

Royce
10-28-2010, 07:46 PM
Admissions guidlines: http://www.admissions.ucla.edu/Prospect/Adm_fr/FrSel.htm
I don't know whether a cheating accusation can or will hurt the person coming from high school. I would guess it depends how it is recorded (if at all) in his transcript. Cheating can be a serious issue for transferring from college to college since there is now a somewhat controversial XF grade used by some colleges to denote failure due to cheating, but I really don't think there's an equivalent for high school.

FluffNStuff
10-28-2010, 07:47 PM
Is your friend a lord of lightning?

Varking
10-28-2010, 07:47 PM
Cool, thanks.

Also, what do you mean by plagiarized?

I was going to be late turning in an assignment when I was younger and I chose to make a mistake and use an online site to copy and paste from, rather than use my own material. I was looking for the easy way out and I got caught. I worked my tail off the rest of my high school career and luckily I still got accepted into my top school

LIGHTNINGLORD67
10-28-2010, 07:49 PM
Is your friend a lord of lightning?

Unnecessary.

And thanks Royce!

MoarPewPew
10-28-2010, 07:49 PM
Also if I forgot to add if you state offers standardized testing do it!!!! They can only help you get a scholar ship and cans get you in a more variety of colleges.

1 question did your friend get IT put on his school record?

This can effect the outcome by a small amount. Also I would try to get your friend to talk to the school principl. This can help with school records an accountability of himself it's the responsible thing to do.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
10-28-2010, 07:50 PM
I was going to be late turning in an assignment when I was younger and I chose to make a mistake and use an online site to copy and paste from, rather than use my own material. I was looking for the easy way out and I got caught. I worked my tail off the rest of my high school career and luckily I still got accepted into my top school

Oh! Many people do that in my high school but they don't get caught...

and I thought it was a school for "smart and talented people"...

LIGHTNINGLORD67
10-28-2010, 07:51 PM
Also if I forgot to add if you state offers standardized testing do it!!!! They can only help you get a scholar ship and cans get you in a more variety of colleges.

1 question did your friend get I put on his school record?

This can effect the outcome by a small amount. Also I would try to get your friend to talk to the school principl. This can help with school records an accountability of himself it's the responsible.

He says he has a conference with the principal tomorrow with the other guy who made him get into trouble. He is so stressed out, and I want to help him to know what to say, because he looked really upset.

Varking
10-28-2010, 07:55 PM
Oh! Many people do that in my high school but they don't get caught...

and I thought it was a school for "smart and talented people"...

Well I am glad I did get caught. It taught me a lesson I needed to learn. As an all-state baseball player and a great GPA, I thought I was untouchable. It made me work harder, mature more quickly, and appreciate academics more.

One bad decision could have stopped me from going to my college, but through hard work over the next three years I redeemed myself. Most people aren't man enough to talk about trouble they get into but I have no issues with it.

MoarPewPew
10-28-2010, 07:57 PM
Offer to go in the meeting... Or try to speak to the principl telling and reassuring him how honest and good of a friend <insert lightinglords friends name here> is. Try to make the positives of him outweigh the negatives.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
10-28-2010, 08:00 PM
Well I am glad I did get caught. It taught me a lesson I needed to learn. As an all-state baseball player and a great GPA, I thought I was untouchable. It made me work harder, mature more quickly, and appreciate academics more.

One bad decision could have stopped me from going to my college, but through hard work over the next three years I redeemed myself. Most people aren't man enough to talk about trouble they get into but I have no issues with it.

Wow, three years just to cover up one bad decision?? Jeez!

Can you help my friend cuz he is talking to the principal tomorrow and he is afraid whatever he says will backfire on him. Even though he wasn't cheating (because that guy that caused him trouble transferred files from my friend's computer to his computer), he needs to have people back him up, and no one is there for him except me

LIGHTNINGLORD67
10-28-2010, 08:01 PM
Offer to go in the meeting... Or try to speak to the principl telling and reassuring him how honest and good of a friend <insert lightinglords friends name here> is. Try to make the positives of him outweigh the negatives.

Ok cool (by the way his name is Gor).

Varking
10-28-2010, 08:03 PM
Wow, three years just to cover up one bad decision?? Jeez!

Can you help my friend cuz he is talking to the principal tomorrow and he is afraid whatever he says will backfire on him. Even though he wasn't cheating (because that guy that caused him trouble transferred files from my friend's computer to his computer), he needs to have people back him up, and no one is there for him except me

I think he is going to get in trouble in school, maybe a one day in school suspension, but I highly doubt he gets this put on his transcript.

Grankledude
10-28-2010, 08:04 PM
2 things: make him read this post, it might help him a lot. 2nd, go to the principal with him, u don't need to talk, but being there just to back up if anything goes wrong will help him ;) tell him good luck from me lol

LIGHTNINGLORD67
10-28-2010, 08:06 PM
2 things: make him read this post, it might help him a lot. 2nd, go to the principal with him, u don't need to talk, but being there just to back up if anything goes wrong will help him ;) tell him good luck from me lol

lol thanks, I will.

and Varking, are you sure? only "cheating" will be put in his transcript?

Varking
10-28-2010, 08:15 PM
I don't think any of this will go in his transcript at all.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
10-28-2010, 08:16 PM
I don't think any of this will go in his transcript at all.

well, then that means this is good news for him :) lol.

Thanks 2 all for replying :D

LIGHTNINGLORD67
10-29-2010, 08:54 AM
Vice principal: "You do realize the Consequences of cheating, don't you, Gor?"
Me: "Ms. Provost, don't you think it's a bit odd that he would cheat with such a high grade? Last time he checked, his grade was a 99%, and the other guy's grade was a D-"

What do u guys think? Lol