PDA

View Full Version : Which pet?

Szangheili
08-15-2013, 12:21 PM
I'm a warrior who already capped ribbit. Today I'll be buying a lot of plat and want to know which pet i should buy with the plat? The choices are:
Orion
Abaddon (Really want for achievement and Banner)
Malison (Also want, but can't get both :/)
Nexus- Eh.
And a few others, what do you guys think?
Or just save the plat for the expansion..
* Not listed by preference.

Taejo
08-15-2013, 12:34 PM
I'm not sure what your current gold situation is, but here is my personal opinion. Keep in mind, I play a lot and the majority of it is spent farming items to earn gold.

Orion - he is very cheap in the CS. In my opinion he should be worth a lot more, but he isn't. I spent 90 plat on him and he has served me well - he is a fantastic pet for a warrior. However, I wish I would have just bought him from the CS sometimes.

Abaddon - currently using him now. He is a good pet for running normal maps, crypts, or PvP. His arcane ability lacks (doesn't always land) and will hopefully be improved in the near future. You may or may not like him - it really depends on your play style. But like you mentioned, you'd receive the achievement and banner for buying him.

Malison - no offense to STS, but I wouldn't waste plat on him. You can farm him if you stay determined. Ask Alrisaia about this, I'm sure his awesome guild would help you out!

Nexus - fairly expensive and nearly impossible to "farm". If you can afford him from the CS, I would recommend that. Otherwise, he's not that expensive in terms of spending plat. He is a very good warrior pet, and often times underrated. His arcane ability is one of the best for mana, and his stats are nice.

What others were you thinking of buying? Hazel is a must for a warrior, and to earn the Beastmaster achievement.

Szangheili
08-15-2013, 12:46 PM
Ah, so i should get Hazel first? Was thinking Malison, but now Hazel seems the way to go. Thnx! I honestly almost forgot about Hazel! Btw, since I have been hoarding all my expensive items, I'm currently broke.. Lol might start selling a few of my valuables very soon.. Need to make some cash and prepare for the cap. I just hate selling expensive stuff..

Taejo
08-15-2013, 01:17 PM
Malison is a strong pet and great for any class, there's no doubt about that. However, I can honestly tell you that I rarely use him as a warrior. I'm not sure exactly why :) I have a very unorthodox play style, and I already use roughly 12 pets in my usual tanking lineup. Malison is usually my choice for when I run out of well-fed pets or I can't think of what to use.

One of these days I'll make a thread about tanking with the pets I use. It will take awhile to write, though. For the time being, if you have any questions about specific pets for a warrior, I can give you my opinionated answer.