PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Bow vs Boulder and Burning Branch

powerlevelz
08-15-2013, 12:26 PM
Why are the bear and mage endgame elite weapons so terrible and birds get the Bow of the Phoenix? 2-handed weapons are pretty much worthless. 50 - 60k for a boulder or burning branch and around 400k for a Bow of the Phoenix. The cs prices aren't lying.

Deathofan
08-15-2013, 12:40 PM
Elite staff is good, beign pure strengh to equip boulder is not.

Suentous PO
08-15-2013, 01:00 PM
Am I the only one who likes the boulder bear?
Mine has no problems.

Mage till the end
08-15-2013, 01:18 PM
Am I the only one who likes the boulder bear?
Mine has no problems.
Leveling up my bear right now. I'm thinking eater boulder bear or elite bow bear. I'm leaning towards elite bow however because of the high hit %. Boulder bears have very low hit % so they aren't the best in my opinion.

Suentous PO
08-15-2013, 02:05 PM
My hits at 92 unbuffed with it, besides with bsm mob dodge being what it is even my dex bear misses.

Oldcoot
08-15-2013, 02:19 PM
My hits at 92 unbuffed with it, besides with bsm mob dodge being what it is even my dex bear misses.
Hmmm, ill have to give it a try

Mage till the end
08-15-2013, 03:19 PM

That's odd I've never had that problem with a buffed dex bear in bsm. It misses occasionally but most of his hits land.

Chopper
08-15-2013, 03:31 PM
Dex weapons are almost always much more pricey than their mage and bear counterparts.

The Sanguine Longbow was much more expensive than other Lvl 65 Legendaries. The Elite Sea Blaster was like that too. There is something about the demand for pure dex weapons that drives up the costs.

Schnitzel
08-15-2013, 05:06 PM
Dex weapons are almost always much more pricey than their mage and bear counterparts.

The Sanguine Longbow was much more expensive than other Lvl 65 Legendaries. The Elite Sea Blaster was like that too. There is something about the demand for pure dex weapons that drives up the costs.
Not fully true. Savage scythe set is more expensive than swift talon set.

grenadiers
08-15-2013, 05:41 PM
All they need to do is make the bear and mage elite items 1 handed then they will retain close to the same value as the Dex elite item.

Chopper
08-15-2013, 05:43 PM
Not fully true. Savage scythe set is more expensive than swift talon set.

sorry, right. I meant the 2H bows. Dagger and talon sets are usually cheaper, you are right.

Mage till the end
08-15-2013, 06:04 PM
All they need to do is make the bear and mage elite items 1 handed then they will retain close to the same value as the Dex elite item.

I agree with this. At least for pvp. Staffs and two handed str weapons do not work with the pvp system that pl as now. However for pve the staff is very useful for nuking. Have yet to try out the boulder.

Waug
08-16-2013, 09:08 AM
nothing is special about elite bow, just birds are used to a 2h weapon I.e bow, but other classes are not in general and sometime for build also I.e bears need hit%.

Thrall Wire
08-16-2013, 01:28 PM
Its because the elite weapons or whatever usually are better in terms of damage compared to their un-elite counterparts
and what are the 2h equips known for?
less stats but a lot more overall skill dmg right?

exactly.
so if elite weapons were made 1h weapons then there would be an even more unfair disadvantage and even less people would use staff/2h weps
plus some elite weapons have special effects that add to their power!

also in pvp, anywhere past level 50, stats like hit, crit, dodge, and armor begin to get pretty darn high and begins to matter more than pure damage
1h wep setups (with the shield) are known for having more of those stats and thats what is more valuable in endgame for mages and bears
having a higher base damage, like 50 more is not helpful when you have bears and birds simply dodging most of those higher dmg skills

razerfingers
08-16-2013, 02:03 PM
People like quick kills nuff said. Bow + full dex = pro rusher. But actually pure int with that staff i get firestormed and i die like a fly!!

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Stevenmc
08-16-2013, 06:24 PM
Bow is more expensive because it has a higher pvp value than the other two. Put a boulder bear vs Phoenix bird. Unless you're a pro kite , GOOD LUCK.

Suentous PO
08-16-2013, 06:44 PM
That's odd I've never had that problem with a buffed dex bear in bsm. It misses occasionally but most of his hits land.

That's what I mean, dexbear has massive to hit, and black smoke mobs still dodge sometimes.
So when my 300 str bear misses I just think "eh even a pure dex misses sometimes", not that the boulder bear has a huge flaw.
This is just about pve tho

CrimsonTider
08-16-2013, 06:44 PM
Elite Boulder is more than viable for bear in PvE and PvP.

Speccing to the required 300 strength, a bear with complete EBS can reach between 94-99% hit (This depends on rings and faces.) The boulder is excellent at tanking in Pve, and with the right build, is very viable in 1v1 for PvP. It does not hold up as scythe set in CTF, but an argument can be made it is more viable than Swift bow (in regards to a bear.) It may not have as high hit%, but it is comparable to base damage and has higher armor and dodge. Considering a bear has 100-200 more base health than other classes, this weapon can hold it's own in all phases of the game.

I remember when staff mages ruled PvP and PvE and those who used wand/bracer were looked down upon. Complacency has taken this game over.

Suentous PO
08-16-2013, 06:51 PM
^ I was honestly hoping you'd see this thread.
It was because I saw you write something to the effect that "a good tank can use 2h weapons effectively" that I re-speced. I have not gone back.

Oldcoot
08-16-2013, 07:39 PM
I tried it and am liking it!

CrimsonTider
08-16-2013, 08:02 PM
^ I was honestly hoping you'd see this thread.
It was because I saw you write something to the effect that "a good tank can use 2h weapons effectively" that I re-speced. I have not gone back.

I think that because 2h weapons have not been as "potent" in the past, their validity has been under a lot of scrutiny. The Marlin and Boulder have changed the argument on the usefulness of 2h strength weapons.

I tried it and am liking it!

Good for you! Wish more would understand the power they have.

joshtheboss
08-18-2013, 12:02 AM
The two handed staff is very underrated IMO, as for the boulder most bears like to be able to tank and 2h weapons aren't as good for that, also 300 str gives some pretty low hit especially if you switch to the defensive set.

JJ